Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-26-2011, 03:59 AM   #15
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
I'm not a vet. My best friend is a vet. One who owes me a big favor. Hmm...

But then again, they aren't the only ones to negotiate on your behalf?
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #16
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
Thanks for the help guys. I'm not a vet either but my father is. I doubt he'll vouch for me if I hand him the cash to buy it though. He really likes the car too but since it's going to be strictly my car I don't think it would be right to try to get him to use it for me. :(

The USAA discount is very tempting but I'm going to try to see what I can get on my own. I'm going to try to get around the 32,300 range if possible w/o any discounts because I don't qualify for the college or the USAA.

Regardless I will be shopping around Texas first to see what I can get down to and then perhaps if I am unsatisfied with the prices around central Texas I may give Becky a call.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #17
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Are you a student/recent graduate or a member of a credit union? You get the same discount as a Vet gets.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #18
Hetfield03

I thought thats what parents are for? Heck, my mom is getting the loan and car in her name for me and I just have to pay her back. I couldn't get a new car on 560 credit lol.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #19
2010 L99

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 RJT/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike View Post
I was able to get my 1ss at invoice. Try a few dealers and see where you can get the best price.
Very impressive to get a 2011 ordered for invoice 5 months before production ends. First one I've heard of. Discounted I've seen but not invoice.

USAF Retired 1994
2010 L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #20
Anaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Are you a student/recent graduate or a member of a credit union? You get the same discount as a Vet gets.
My credit union doesn't offer any discounts on the car nor am I even close to graduating from college also I'm not in a university either yet. I'm currently at a community college setting to transfer in a year or so. :( I'll try to work with what I've got and try to negotiate as much as possible. I so want to be part of the camaro family but I need to try harder to lower the price. Also the options listed are the ones I REALLY would like. I hear San Antonio may have some good dealers.

Last edited by Anaconda; 04-26-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #21
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
The image below should help its old but it gives you an insite. I'm actually looking for a 2011 one. Anyone have one here?

The Dealer I got my Maunal SS test drives from tried to convince me that they would only make $600 off a Camaro SS (1SS) MSRP VS Invoice. Know it has change some from the 2010 model but $600 Profit.

I Made an offer because I felt a little bad about using him to get my Test Drives in a Manual because the Dealer I going to use doesn't have a Manaul SS on the Lot and the one they ordered Never showed, Allied Trucking may have it. I expected nothing less from his dealership. I thought just maybe just maybe his a decent guy and I should give him a chance. I tried to be nice and he tried to screw me. I feel just fine now about using him.

Source: Deep Inside Camaro5.com

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------

Last edited by One Mean Chevy; 04-26-2011 at 09:19 PM.
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #22
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
My credit union doesn't offer any discounts on the car nor am I even close to graduating from college also I'm not in a university either yet. I'm currently at a community college setting to transfer in a year or so. :( I'll try to work with what I've got and try to negotiate as much as possible. I so want to be part of the camaro family but I need to try harder to lower the price. Also the options listed are the ones I REALLY would like. I hear San Antonio may have some good dealers.
You don't need to be a graduate. As long as you are in school you can get the GMU discount. All you need is an email address that ends in .edu. As far as I know your credit Union itself doesnt need to offer the discount. ALl you have to do is me a member of Credit Union. Talk with your dealer about the discounts. Both methods will yeild you the same discount.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #23
Anaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
You don't need to be a graduate. As long as you are in school you can get the GMU discount. All you need is an email address that ends in .edu. As far as I know your credit Union itself doesnt need to offer the discount. ALl you have to do is me a member of Credit Union. Talk with your dealer about the discounts. Both methods will yeild you the same discount.
Interesting. I'll look further into the student discount and credit union. BTW I like your sig. SWTOR looks awesome.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #24
Hetfield03

Becky with Rodgers will give you a credit union discount if you order from her. Unless you really want to buy in Texas.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #25
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Try Champion in Austin... they sell below invoice and have a large inventory, but it requires some negotiation. You should easily get $2K off MSRP on that car.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #26
Anaconda

Thanks. I will try Champion and Chuck Nash in San Marcos. I just got done applying for my student discount and printed off my code. Now I've just got to come up with my transcripts and records to show eligibility. Not sure how much I can save but every little bit helps.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #27
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Anaconda-
Hit up SS-Eric, I have purchased one camaro from him and I have another on order. He honors all discounts and customer service is excellent. He is up in Grapevine at classictexaschevy.com.

When I was first looking for my camaro I looked at all the dealers in or around Austin, not impressed with them.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #28
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Someone here mentioned the College Student discount?

Can someone give me some details? I'm looking into upgrading to a SS and would like to see what deals there are.

Thanks!