Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Fog Light Question

I just bought an 2010 Camaro SS yesterday and have a couple of questions about the fog lights.

First question is, is it possible to have the fog lights on why the headlights are on? They seem to always turn off and I don't see a switch for them but the manual indicates they can be turned on, but it may not mean while the head lights are on.

2nd question is about the halos. Is there a way to have the halos on and still have the fog lights on?

Thanks!
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
tyler20c

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS/RS
The fog lights are really the day time running lights. therefore you can't have them on while the head lights or halo's are on. Kind of a bummer. I know you can wire it a certain way and allow them to be on at the same time but I haven't messed with it.
tyler20c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
answer is no to both of those questions. the fog light only run by themselves.

you can modify that though using different approaches. you can get the AAC kit and wire the fog lights to your side markers, this way when the lights/halos are on then the fogs will come on.

you can get a wiring harness which is made by a member on here called fieldgoal, with that you have more control over the fog lights.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Cool thanks for the response. It's what I figured. One guy at the dealer when I called after buying it said they were daytime lights but when I stopped by to get the manual it calls them fog lights so I was thinking maybe it was when you set it to auto it would work differently.

But I will take a look at your suggestion(s). Kind of retarded they didn't allow people to have the options of configuring it how they want it.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Check out mine !! Here is the thread for info on how I did it..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70476
Attached Images

Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
Cool thanks for the response. It's what I figured. One guy at the dealer when I called after buying it said they were daytime lights but when I stopped by to get the manual it calls them fog lights so I was thinking maybe it was when you set it to auto it would work differently.

But I will take a look at your suggestion(s). Kind of retarded they didn't allow people to have the options of configuring it how they want it.
no problem bro. i agree, it's so stupid that they didn't give the driver the option of running them whenever we wanted to
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #7
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
this should give you some options and answer your questions.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71608