Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #113
LoPerformance Motorsports
Loperformance Motorsports

Drives: 2011 2LT
Just adding that we have the same problems with our 2011 v6. Now I do run 89 mid grade gas and the vibration seems to be less. Hope that someone figures this out or chevrolet does something about this.
LoPerformance Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #114
H3LL1ON
H3LL1ON

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro Synergy Green
Hey NickeT. A big 4 posts and you know it all? I'm sure others will attest to Jeff's helping out alot around here on various issues in general. Also personally contacting individuals and their dealerships on their behalf. So save your ignorant insults for the street where a fitting response may come your way.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #115
Mikkah

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
I'm having the same issue. I own a 2011 2LT. When I took it to the dealer and told them about it they looked to see if GM issued a alert, but there was none. I mentioned these boards and that a GM rep was monitoring it, but was told there was really nothing they could do until GM issued a alert. Just getting frustrated with this problem.
Mikkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #116
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkah View Post
I'm having the same issue. I own a 2011 2LT. When I took it to the dealer and told them about it they looked to see if GM issued a alert, but there was none. I mentioned these boards and that a GM rep was monitoring it, but was told there was really nothing they could do until GM issued a alert. Just getting frustrated with this problem.
Maybe ask your dealer what causes GM to send the alerts to the dealers? The dealers are the ones that should be reporting issues to GM when their service techs can not fix a customers vehicle or when they find a defect. So for him to turn his back to you since GM hasn't said they know of the problem is BS and you need to find a new dealer. What ever happened to service technicians that could diagnose a freaking problem instead of just reading a TSB or whatnot from corporate telling them how to replace parts step by step and when in that process they were supposed to go take a crap? Find a new dealer is my advice.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #117
Mikkah

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu71 View Post
Maybe ask your dealer what causes GM to send the alerts to the dealers? The dealers are the ones that should be reporting issues to GM when their service techs can not fix a customers vehicle or when they find a defect. So for him to turn his back to you since GM hasn't said they know of the problem is BS and you need to find a new dealer. What ever happened to service technicians that could diagnose a freaking problem instead of just reading a TSB or whatnot from corporate telling them how to replace parts step by step and when in that process they were supposed to go take a crap? Find a new dealer is my advice.

Well I'm most definitely going back to make them them do something, but was hoping Jeff would have some answers before I went back. Thanks for the response tho.
Mikkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #118
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Mikkah, I understand, but if you wait for GM to admit their is a problem, let alone provide a real fix, you are going to be very unhappy with the results. My point is the dealership is getting paid for their expertise and in this case provided zero. I read and experience this all too often. I used to be a mechanic and if I only worked on vehicles that the manufacturer released a cliff notes version on how to repair the problems, 95% of the cars I fixed would have not been fixed. These techs are supposed to be highly trained professionals demanding $60 plus per hour so as a customer now, I sort of demand $60+ per hour service. Maybe Jeff will chime in, but his answers are normally limited to TSB or recall details or he will help you work with your dealer to find the problem. If you read through the AY6 manual transmission thread you will see what I mean by GM's lack of support on known issues. Now don't get me wrong, some dealerships are very knowledgeable and can and will do everything known to fix a problem whereas others are like the one you went to. I've learned to avoid the latter dealerships because my time is more valuable than their incompetence. Sorry to make your post a rant. I hope for all in this thread that GM does acknowledge the issue and actually does release a true fix for it.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #119
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
Please post what the results are...this sounds interesting. I have the same issue on my 2011 2LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjvdz View Post
hello, own a 2011 v6 automatic camaro, actually bought the car for my daughter, at 1100 rpm she has the same vibration that I have been reading about. I am NOT a big user of the internet like this but I think I should say something about the problem that she has been experiencing just like you, even my daughter when the car was new felt the vibration just thinking it was the roadway till I drove the car and noticed a vibration that shouldnt be there and mentioning the vibration to her and she said she felt the same. The vehicle has been in the shop 3 tiimes for the problem, the first time it came back as can not replicate the problem [bull] The 2nd time, along with all of the problem getting the car to the dealership, they did notice a definite vibration in the car @ 1100 rpm and in any gear as long as the tach was at 1100 rpm. They decided they would keep the camaro and fix it this time, the dealership installed a new torque convertor after checking all of the suspension and finding nothing wrong, didnt fix a thing. Took the car back for a third time to try again, this time kept the car for a few days believe it or not, actually readjusting the MOTOR MOUNTS [what!] Was told by the dealership that there was nothing they could do and that the vibration was normal and she would just have to live with it. OH NO IT AINT NORMAL! When you spend $35,000.00 dollars on a car it should not vibrate! Oh I forgot to mention that when the car was delivered the a/c did not work, chevy put a new compressor on it breaking the integrity of a factory sealed a/c system. I am not to sure about this car, GM is having a conference call with the dealership monday deciding what they are going to do about the situation. I know what they better say!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #120
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
Siper, I don't think this issue has anything to do with exhaust. I believe it is a gear ratio issue. At 45 mph the car should be in 4th gear, but the auto mode puts it in 5th. You will get the same problem if you drive 45 in M5 and worse in M6. I'm actually surprised it lets you go into 6th. It is a programmed shift point issue that I highly doubt GM will ever fix. It would lose its mpg rating. Its F'n annoying though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siper View Post
I’m not sure if this is only happen to my car but my brother is a bit more sensitive to vibration and complains about it when he sits next to me. When he drove my car, he told me that the vibration is less on the driver side.

I toke the car to the dealer and I asked him to check the exhausted on the passenger side, he told me nothing wrong with it and he double check with GM and there is no issue reported about it.

So, I decided to install SLP loudmouth II hoping it will fix the problem (note that the dealer changed the ECM one day before installing loudmouth ii). The vibration is now worse than before . The vibration is more noticeable on the passenger side compare to the driver side.
I did not install headers since I’m worry it will make it even worse.

Currently while driving at 45 MPH, it vibrates on the M6. It’s also vibrating on M5 but less than the M6. No vibration on M4.
As I said before, it could be only my car having this problem.

Information about my car:
-2011 1LT V6 automatic with 19,000mile
-SLP loudmouth II
-K&N 69-4520TP Intake Kit
-Floor-doors-trunk covered by Dynamat 10455 Xtreme
Old 08-28-2011, 03:45 AM   #121
jarman
is Camaro happy.

Drives: 2011 RS
I have a 2011 1lt RS V6, and I have noticed a vibration, drone sound in the cabin when doing between 40 and 45 mph 1,100 rpm, really annoying. I have taken it to the dealer and the said it was the exhaust causing the vibration. They said nothing can be done. I plan on taking it back or to another dealer. No mods still stock.
jarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #122
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
It sounds like they need to change the shift points of the car. Its shifting into each of the gears too soon. And shouldnt be doing 1100 RPMS at any gear. If its at 1100 RPM's the computer should tell the transmission to shift down to the lower gear. I have tried in Manual mode to shift up to a higher gear when the car usually does and it wont let you.

If you cant manually shift up in sports mode, then the computer shouldnt be shifting up either.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #123
Scorpion6
To Honor with Dignity

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic SOLD
Seems i have this issue as well. 2011 v-6 with 800 miles. Has done this since day one. It seems to be between 1000-1100 rpm's and will maintain this issue at that rpm but increase or decrease rpms and it goes away. I'm thinking it's just a gear thing as it's trying to determine to go to the next one or stay where it is.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #124
Dennyd

Drives: 2010 Fusion Orange
Thought I would chime in here. I have a 2010 V6 auto and it does the same thing at 1200 RPM. Doesn't matter what gear it just gets worse as the gear shifts higher. My dealer can't fix it and they told me it was the converter lockup. I don't believe it since it does it in park at 1200 rpm. Read some stuff where it could be loose baffles in the muffler and ther is a SB out to replace exhaust.
Dennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #125
Nate76

Drives: 2022 2SS Convertible
I'm having the exact same problem with my 1lt. Drives me crazy. I showed it to the service manager when we were out listening to my rattling sunroof (finally after having my sunroof "fixed" twice they've realized that they have to replace the whole thing) and he just chalked the vibration up to it normal sounds for the car with it's 6 gears and high mpgs. I think that there is no way GM would or atleast should have put out a vehicle that sounds the way ours do at a an every day driving speed. It's embarrassing when you have passengers in the car!
Nate76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #126
Dennyd

Drives: 2010 Fusion Orange
V6 viration at low rpm's

Guys,
My 2010 V6 Auto does the same thing. It occurs at 1200rpm and it doesn't matter what gear you are in it only gets worse as the gearing goes up. If you are carefull you can sense it even when in park if you bring the r's up to 1200. It is deffinitley a 20 hertz harmonic and it may come from exhaust or drive train mount isolation. I know it drives me carzy and I don't wan to be paddle shifting it away all of the time.
Dennyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging