Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
kosmo
Finally Satisfied

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
how did the dremel work out? just a regular dremel with a cutting wheel?
I felt more comfortable using it as I felt I had more control. My jig saw is not the best quality and I was afraid of denting the hood if the saw bounced around too much. I just used a metal cuttng disc for the dremel. Took a little longer but time was not my worry.
kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Looks good..... this mod is growing on me.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
kosmo
Finally Satisfied

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Looks good..... this mod is growing on me.
DO IT!!! You won't be sorry! I get a kick out of watching people get whiplash as I pass them on the road
kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Looks great I preordered mine to be installed on the first day of C5 fest.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #19
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I love mine! Installed them myself. Easy. Take your time. Instructions included. Also used YouTube videos.

Great look. Lots of heat goes through them!
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #20
Hybrid

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS Black/Black
They look great! Here in Florida it rains everyday in the summer and I'm not talking about a sprinkle. If someone has an idea on waterproofing or drain hoses...
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Looks good!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:11 AM   #22
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I installed mine myself. I had to watch the install video several times to make sure I was doing it right. They do not drain unless you make a drain yourself. The pans just hold the water. I would think if you get more than a 1/2" of rain in one session the pans will hold that amount. Love mine and one of the best mods.
I stand corrected! think I would know this since I have em lol. thanks.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #23
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Sorry to semi-thread jack but it is related and amusing... Was at a long light yesterday evening and a goober in an old pickup to my right makes a motion for me to roll down my passenger window. With some hesitation I did. He points to the vents on my hood and says, "I see you got the good one. Might as well get the good one if you're gettin' a Camara". I'm 99% sure he mistook the hex vents for the vent in the ZL1 hood and thought I had one!
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #24
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
kosmo, the vents look great! Good job! I did mine myself also but I used a saber saw. The only problem I had was that the blade was a little too short at the beginning where the reference hole is drilled because of the space between the top sheet metal and the bracing underneath. Other than that Steve's video and included instructions made it very straight forward!
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #25
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
How much are these things?
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
$350
Old 07-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
I like them a lot, however my stopping point is I know if I don't make them perfectly lined up it will haunt me for the rest of my life....
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #28
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
I like them a lot, however my stopping point is I know if I don't make them perfectly lined up it will haunt me for the rest of my life....
If you just take your time measuring and measuring again and then measuring again, and eyeballing the markings you make from every possible direction and light before you start cutting you won't have any problems; they'll be perfect. I know it's scary but it was actually a little easier than I thought it would be. Just take your time.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote