Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
SSRob

Drives: Acura RSX Type S
Black/black vs IOM/IOM Convertible

Hi everyone. I'm trying to decide on interior and exterior colors for a new 2SS/RS convertible. Right now I think I've got it down to black with a black interior or IOM with black stripes with an IOM interior. I know a lot comes down to personal preference but I'm wondering if anyone with one of these color options in a vert has any thoughts I should consider. My brother thinks it might be a mistake to get a black interior in a vert but it looks pretty sweet and I love the looks of the blacked out versions many have posted pics of. Of course the IOM looks awesome too and I'm driving my wife crazy trying to decide. Also if I go with the black is it worth waiting for the 2012 model to get the black granite version? Thanks for any thoughts anyone has.
SSRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I've always loved the "Blacked-out" look. My first car was a 68 RS/SS convertible that I restored in triple black. Up North you can get away with it, but here in Tucson, the black interior will seer the flesk off your bones! I went with the IOM/IOM and I couldn't be happier. I thought the interior would be too much, but it really sets off the car with the top down.
The black is serious and menacing...
...the IOM says "Look out!, here I come!"

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Sttt5126

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
I went with a combination of both, black exterior, IOM stripes with IOM interior.
Sttt5126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Those were my two choices. The orange is the hotter color no question but in a few years black will still look more classy whereas orange may look too flashy.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sttt5126 View Post
I went with a combination of both, black exterior, IOM stripes with IOM interior.
I saw one like that at the dealership and it looked pretty sweet... it was actually ordered for Dale Jr.

I went with IOM/IOM b/c I hate keeping a black car clean.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sttt5126 View Post
NICE!!! Now order the IOM engine cover...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #7
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I personally think IOM/IO is just too much orange. I also think a black interior on a vert is an epic fail and you must be a glutten for punishment. I would get a black vert with either tan or IO interior.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
How's this?

Old 04-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Or this?

Old 04-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Or this?

Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
SSRob, you're asking the same question I did a couple of weeks ago before I ordered. Finally came down to I wanted the flash, so went IOM/IO. The orange dash trim sealed the deal for me. No doubt Black/IO is more classy, and a beautiful combo as well. Black/Black? Nice too, but HOT no matter how you slice it. I wanted people to know I'm coming - am a quiet guy (IT geek type) but inside there's someone screaming for attention! Therefore IO/IO it's off to work I go! I wanted people to know I'm coming, and will 10 yrs from now. So this is the color for me. What is the color for you???

It's all a matter pf personal preference, like eating at my favorite restaurant - you can't make a bad choice, all the food is great. All of the combos appeal to someone! ;-)
Old 04-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
Sttt5126

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
Already done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
NICE!!! Now order the IOM engine cover...
Sttt5126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #13
SSRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
I've always loved the "Blacked-out" look. My first car was a 68 RS/SS convertible that I restored in triple black. Up North you can get away with it, but here in Tucson, the black interior will seer the flesk off your bones! I went with the IOM/IOM and I couldn't be happier. I thought the interior would be too much, but it really sets off the car with the top down.
The black is serious and menacing...
...the IOM says "Look out!, here I come!"
Thanks for the reply. I too was wondering if the IOM interior would be too much...I'm glad to hear you're happy with it...makes me a little more comfortable. I checked out your pictures...looks awesome.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #14
SSRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Those were my two choices. The orange is the hotter color no question but in a few years black will still look more classy whereas orange may look too flashy.

That's one of the points that has me flip flopping a little. That and trying to convince my wife that the IOM will still look cool in a few years.