Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #197
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
what part of la? anyhow good looking car, i ask about what part of la because im also getting my zl1 bumper from gary and the mpd hood sould be arriving soon, we might might 2 of the same looking cars in the la area, but ur car is more badass
Thanks Dizzy, appreciate the props, but appreciate your service to our country even more!

I actually just got a house yesterday in Redondo Beach, right on the border between Hermosa & Manhattan Beaches.....Are you nearby? If so we should definitely get together and we'll cruise so people will be doing double takes as we rule the streets :headband:

According to Gary, the ZL1 bumper is painted!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #198
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #199
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Thanks Dizzy, appreciate the props, but appreciate your service to our country even more!

I actually just got a house yesterday in Redondo Beach, right on the border between Hermosa & Manhattan Beaches.....Are you nearby? If so we should definitely get together and we'll cruise so people will be doing double takes as we rule the streets :headband:

Woot woot. ZL1 eater ate the face right off of a ZL1.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #200
rccamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Hey Kronix. Killer looking ride your have! I'm new to this forum. I don't have pics or even a camaro yet. haa.. I will soon. You stated the tires are 265/30 Front & 315/25 Rear. Is this accurate? I'm sure it is but just making sure. How about a picture from the rear to show the width? Thanks.

Last edited by rccamaro; 04-26-2012 at 06:06 PM.
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #201
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Woot woot. ZL1 eater ate the face right off of a ZL1.
Hahaha, I love it Luke good one!! And look for your surprise in next week's mail!! And no, you won't need the bomb squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
Hey Kronix. Killer looking ride your have! I'm new to this forum. I don't have pics or even a camaro yet. haa.. I will soon. You stated the tires are 265/30 Front & 315/25 Rear. Is this accurate? I'm sure it is but just making sure. How about a picture from the rear to show the width? Thanks.
Hi Rc, Thanks for the compliments & welcome to the forum! I just checked my sales receipt to confirm what the tire size was, and that is correct. The car's at the shop, finishing up the ZL1 fuel pump install & we're putting an X-Pipe on the exhaust since it had to be taken down. I will confirm the tire size when I go there today, a few members asked for pictures of the V1 radar system so I'll double check the tires for you. If you do decide to go that route, definitely let me know or contact Shawn (his contact info is on page 1 of the build sheet) he'll give you great pricing on wheels & tires, and they're forum sponsors too.

Here's a pic after we put the tires on, but before the 3dCarbon ground effects, so you can see what the wheels would look like on a stock body.

And here with the rear spats installed

Good luck with your Camaro search & thanks for looking!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #202
rccamaro

Thanks for the info. The width of those rear tires really look aggressive. Why are the front tires 30 low profile and not match the rears of 25? Nice work all around the build!

Last edited by rccamaro; 04-27-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #203
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Hahaha, I love it Luke good one!! And look for your surprise in next week's mail!! And no, you won't need the bomb squad!
right on, ok I'll call off the team.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #204
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
Thanks for the info. The width of those rear tires really look aggressive. Why are the front tires 30 low profile and not match the rears of 25? Nice work all around the build!
RC, I'm not sure but I did confirm size today. When I told Shawn at WSI the set up I was planning on installing that's the size he suggested.

Here's the pics of the Valentine 1 radar system for those of you that asked about it, sorry it took so long to get pics up.

Roof liner mounted pod with V1 radar inside
Rear View Mirror with Concealed Display
Remote Audio Adaptor On/Off mounted in center console.

Any questions on install feel free to ask
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #205
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
Quote:

thanks you man, anyway im like 10 mins north of downtown la so its not that far, im down to do a cruise when ever when move out here as for me i aint so lucky on my bumper, he said it should be done by next Friday so ill have it in the middle of next month
Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #206
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
Is Gary moving the line in a couple of inches on each side for your ZL1 fronts so it matches with the hood?

Yesterday we fitted a ZL1 front with a new "Force 5" hood. (points end in the same spot) There was enough material in the cover for me to carefully sand the lines inboard. Turned out great!

Quote:
what part of la? anyhow good looking car, i ask about what part of la because im also getting my zl1 bumper from gary and the mpd hood sould be arriving soon, we might might 2 of the same looking cars in the la area, but ur car is more badass
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #207
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
Is Gary moving the line in a couple of inches on each side for your ZL1 fronts so it matches with the hood?

Yesterday we fitted a ZL1 front with a new "Force 5" hood. (points end in the same spot) There was enough material in the cover for me to carefully sand the lines inboard. Turned out great!
Eric I told Gary I have your Z-Force hood and he said he would be doing the bumper mod on it to line up with the hood.

Quote:
thanks you man, anyway im like 10 mins north of downtown la so its not that far, im down to do a cruise when ever when move out here as for me i aint so lucky on my bumper, he said it should be done by next Friday so ill have it in the middle of next month
Sounds good Dizzy, don't worry once you get the bumper it's on there for good! The waiting is the hardest part!!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #208
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Kronix,
What's up ma man?....She is looking as good as ever.....Later Dude...ABL99....
Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #209
rccamaro

Hey Kronix. I have a question regarding the SLP exhaust and rear solid panel. Is it best to install the SLP exhaust first or after installing the solid rear panel? The reason I ask is because if the install of the exhaust and rear solid panel is being done in two different shops then would the panel not line up correctly if the exhaust is installed while the original rear diffuser is on? Thanks a lot
Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #210
Kronix

RC, it shouldn't make a difference which order you go. We did the exhaust first while waiting for the rear panel, but because the SLP exhaust is fully adjustable and Eric's smooth rear piece are made perfectly, it all lined up with minimal adjustments. I think you can just go with what ever parts come in first, you won't have any issues with either of them. Looking forward to seeing your ride!

Speaking of exhaust, we added an X-pipe this week and it really made the tone a bit deeper, kind of reminded me of a Lamborghini exhaust note. I took a shitty video, so I'll do some editing and post it up so you can hear it.

Got my one of my "special" project pieces from Roger at Emblem Pros, they look awesome Roger! Now just waiting for them to hydrocoat my CAI, Inc lid...We decided to install the Pfadt Camber Plate kit also, so that is taking place this week and the ZL1 bumper from Gary's Customz should be in by Friday. Also installed Jannetty Racing Tensioner today, thanks for the help Ted! Looks like everything should be coming together right around the time I move to SoCal, then it's game on!

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx