Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #29
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Of course all of it is real. Hasn't anyone seen Men In Black?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #30
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Whoa, I didn't know that. From everything I've read, it seemed certain that the piece belonged to us.
Could it belong to us? Maybe. I doubt it was because I don't recall us having a way of putting anything into a polar orbit. Now, we have Vandenburg Air Force Base for polar orbits, but Vandenburg wasn't really launching anything that high at that time.

Could it be the Russians? Maybe. This was at the time of the Cold War. So we really didn't know what they were launching or where they were launching from at that time. But it is almost certain that they couldn't launch polar orbits either. But we don't know everything that they were doing up there. After all, it is rumored to be a part of a Russian spy satellite.

NASA doesn't really talk about this satellite much. So really it's a guessing game for everyone.

But I'm gonna say that it's just space debris.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #31
white ZL1

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I am still looking for signs of intelligent life on this planet
Sometimes it's hard to find it on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I have my own opinions about that show.
I do find it entertaining from time to time though, but mostly because I enjoy history.

Quote:
The Black Knight is difficult to explain. It was supposedly first detected in 1953. . It's only been seen with the naked eye on two occasions that I know of. First was in 1963 by an astronaut traveling into space and then again in 1998 by Space Shuttle Endeavour's crew of STS-88. It's in a polar orbit. Which wasn't obtainable at that time by the Soviets or Americans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I just found out about Black Knight the other day on Imgur. Pretty interesting.
Quote:
Could it belong to us? Maybe. I doubt it was because I don't recall us having a way of putting anything into a polar orbit. Now, we have Vandenburg Air Force Base for polar orbits, but Vandenburg wasn't really launching anything that high at that time.

Could it be the Russians? Maybe. This was at the time of the Cold War. So we really didn't know what they were launching or where they were launching from at that time. But it is almost certain that they couldn't launch polar orbits either. But we don't know everything that they were doing up there. After all, it is rumored to be a part of a Russian spy satellite.

NASA doesn't really talk about this satellite much. So really it's a guessing game for everyone.

But I'm gonna say that it's just space debris.
........Googling "Black Knight satellite"......
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
I have my own opinions about that show.
http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

I think you might enjoy that site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
I'm not sure how accurate the whole CPU thing is. I mean, I would like to believe that humans were ingenious enough to develop such tech. I don't know if I buy into the whole "all of our tech stems from their tech" yet.
If you look into the history of science & technology, it becomes pretty clear that all these big leaps were really just a series of innovations that built off one-another. Microchips are, fundamentally, collections of tiny little transistors. Transistors in turn are tiny little switches which were first patented sometime in the 1920's, and became practical devices in the 1940s. It doesn't really make much sense to me that an interstellar alien spacecraft would have computing technology that has anything in common with computing technology that existed on earth in the 1940s.

To think of it another way: transistor based microprocessors have been around for about 40 years. Sometime in the next few decades we'll probably have practical quantum computers, quickly making transistor based computers obsolete. I don't know how far ahead interstellar travel would be for humans, technology wise. But its pretty safe to figure that its probably going to be some time after a new technology makes quantum computers themselves obsolete. That would mean that there would be at least 2 major technology leaps between the computers onboard our future interstellar spacecraft & what our first microchips were like. Reverse engineering that level of future-tech into a microchip doesn't make any sense. It would be like a finding a laser blaster, and developing a bow & arrow from it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #33
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

I think you might enjoy that site.

If you look into the history of science & technology, it becomes pretty clear that all these big leaps were really just a series of innovations that built off one-another. Microchips are, fundamentally, collections of tiny little transistors. Transistors in turn are tiny little switches which were first patented sometime in the 1920's, and became practical devices in the 1940s. It doesn't really make much sense to me that an interstellar alien spacecraft would have computing technology that has anything in common with computing technology that existed on earth in the 1940s.

To think of it another way: transistor based microprocessors have been around for about 40 years. Sometime in the next few decades we'll probably have practical quantum computers, quickly making transistor based computers obsolete. I don't know how far ahead interstellar travel would be for humans, technology wise. But its pretty safe to figure that its probably going to be some time after a new technology makes quantum computers themselves obsolete. That would mean that there would be at least 2 major technology leaps between the computers onboard our future interstellar spacecraft & what our first microchips were like. Reverse engineering that level of future-tech into a microchip doesn't make any sense. It would be like a finding a laser blaster, and developing a bow & arrow from it.
that's a great explanation

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #34
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Of course you are not alone. My species invaded your little blue planet 15,000 years ago. We aren't leaving either.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #35
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Proof of intelligent life outside Earth will be the greatest discovery of all time. It can be either audio, pictures, or physical interaction with an E.T. Until we have proof, we can only speculate and predict.
I fully believe there is intelligent life out there but I don't think "they" have reached Earth. The Universe is so massive that it would take hundreds/thousands of years to get a "sign" or "message". Unfortunately, definitive proof of intelligent life probably won't happen in our lifetime. That is probably still a couple hundred years away.
Any UFO we've seen in the skies is just experimental aircraft that hasn't been revealed to the public yet.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #36
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
I spoke with Optimus and we concur, you are not alone. We are here.....
Attached Images

Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #37
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Ancient Aliens can be summed up in one picture.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #38
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Its late & I can't sleep ...

Do I believe that life probably exists beyond our planet? Sure. The Drake equation is fairly compelling. Do I think that they have constructed space ships and have visited Earth to either mutilate cattle, probe people, make crop circles, or fly-over our cities, or do any of the other things we attribute to aliens? No.
I worked in Egypt for over a year.... How else do you explain the pyramids... Think about it...

I have to follow the rules...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #39
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I worked in Egypt for over a year.... How else do you explain the pyramids... Think about it...

Take a lot of people, give them a lot of time, and you can achieve impressive results. As for the specifics, I don't know. I personally favour the internal ramp theory but its not perfect.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #40

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
If the ancient cultures had contact with aliens who helped them with knowledge and technology......what, the end result is they learned how to stack blocks of stone?...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:25 AM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

Haven't you seen the Geico commercial? the Pyramides were a mistake, they were supposed to be Cubes.... You don't think Geico would lie to is now, would you?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #42
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Very good stuff. Well worth the time to watch.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote