Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #29
actireman

Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
Yes. We have a MD1100SE. The lower numbers were also related due to the excessive IAT's. The S/C cooling system on this car is terrible
My dyno will not give as high of numbers as yours. Yours is enertia and mine is eddy current. I'll be impressed if mine will read 450 HP.
actireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #30
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankzl1 View Post
Nice job guys!!!!
Thanks Frank, let me know when you are bringing yours in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcam2ss View Post
Great job Erik and Paul !!
Thanks buddy, can't wait to see yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
My dyno will not give as high of numbers as yours. Yours is enertia and mine is eddy current. I'll be impressed if mine will read 450 HP.
Ours is also an Eddy Current, All Mustangdynos are actually Eddy Currents. They sure are great tuning tools!

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #31
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Sounds like these cars are really going to benefit from a CAI and good 93 octane. Has there been any thought to relocating the IAT?

Maybe then someone who wanted to keep their 100K factory warranty, they could just go with addressing the intake cold air and IATs but keep the tuning stock. Or would the stock tuning really need to see that actual IAT at the MAF to prevent detonation?

Since this car is going to have high underhood temps, maybe a ceramic coated intake tube going to a sealed off CAI box and front scoop might be the ticket to lower IATs. A standard black intake tube is going to be getting quite a bit of heat soak.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #32
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
a word of caution - please note 'break-in' period as described in your owner's manual.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #33
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
a word of caution - please note 'break-in' period as described in your owner's manual.
that's why I am driving all over town
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #34
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
1100 miles to go.....
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #35
Big Top Gt
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2SS/RS (LS3)
Send a message via AIM to Big Top Gt Send a message via Skype™ to Big Top Gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post

Aftermarket Airbox (pics and brand to be disclosed shortly)
Some other really cool pieces we have designed for this car with the help of CAD data provided through the SEMA Tech Transfer program
A little birdie whispered "Air Raid" in my ear. Not my first choice (or even third, really), but I guess we all shake what our mamas give us.

In all seriousness, though; since when are you guys using AutoCAD and SEMA Transfer data? I thought you had to be a licensed manufacturer to use that stuff?

If you ARE a paying shop, I've got some cool stuff in development we might be able to work on together, if you're at all interested.
Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #36
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Sounds like these cars are really going to benefit from a CAI and good 93 octane. Has there been any thought to relocating the IAT?

Maybe then someone who wanted to keep their 100K factory warranty, they could just go with addressing the intake cold air and IATs but keep the tuning stock. Or would the stock tuning really need to see that actual IAT at the MAF to prevent detonation?

Since this car is going to have high underhood temps, maybe a ceramic coated intake tube going to a sealed off CAI box and front scoop might be the ticket to lower IATs. A standard black intake tube is going to be getting quite a bit of heat soak.
Russell,

The LSA engine uses two IAT sensors....one in the MAF and the other post compression side of the blower. There is nothing to "trick" anymore as IAT is critical to spark advance. What matters is what is entering the combustion chamber.

The lower temps are most certainly a benefit in producing more power output but the real gain on these engines is getting rid of the suction side restriction. This is the real improvement which will require a shift in the MAF table to correct. This means your into the factory calibration and compromise your factory warranty.

Hope this makes sense.

Howard
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #37
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
Great job guys, very thorough. Are you seeing similar KR levels like what I've seen with the SS's? Stock timing tables in the these seem to be a tad aggressive, even with 93 oct.

The stock afr seems right on so squeezing any power out of it must of been fun.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #38
obzidian

N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
Russell,

The LSA engine uses two IAT sensors....one in the MAF and the other post compression side of the blower. There is nothing to "trick" anymore as IAT is critical to spark advance. What matters is what is entering the combustion chamber.

The lower temps are most certainly a benefit in producing more power output but the real gain on these engines is getting rid of the suction side restriction. This is the real improvement which will require a shift in the MAF table to correct. This means your into the factory calibration and compromise your factory warranty.

Hope this makes sense.

Howard
Is that some sort of baffle in the intake?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #39
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by obzidian View Post
N

Is that some sort of baffle in the intake?
No baffle just the engine likes a larger diameter inlet and a straighter path.
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #40
obzidian

Oh, i see what you were saying. I thought you meant the stock intake had a sound canceller or a baffle that held it back but I wasn't aware of one.

Much like the GT500 5.4L, hopefully with a larger, straighter intake the combo keeps making more and more power.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #41
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #42
CJ1034

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM Manual
ZL1

Starting to think about performance upgrades for my ZL, going to be watching what everyone is doing very closely. Mine still has 60 miles on it so definetly waiting until its broken in first.
CJ1034 is offline   Reply With Quote