Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-15-2017, 07:20 PM   #1
CamOnlySS

Drives: Black 2010 SS 6spd
Sunroof rattle, Needs adjustment?

I've searched online but haven't found any info about how to adjust the sunroofs on these camaros. I have a 2010 and the sunroof has a noticeable rattle when i close the doors with the sunroof closed and the shade closed. I noticed if i open the shade all the way, the rattle goes away. It seems like it might be something with the track that shade slides on. I havent found much info on this in all my searching. Anyone have any details on getting rid of rattles on the 5th gen camaros? I dont want to take it to the dealer and get bent over. If i cant find answers I'm just going to pull the whole headliner down and figure this BS out...
CamOnlySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #2
Barefoot Dave
Barefoot Dave

Drives: 2015 ZL1, 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlySS View Post
I've searched online but haven't found any info about how to adjust the sunroofs on these camaros. I have a 2010 and the sunroof has a noticeable rattle when i close the doors with the sunroof closed and the shade closed. I noticed if i open the shade all the way, the rattle goes away. It seems like it might be something with the track that shade slides on. I havent found much info on this in all my searching. Anyone have any details on getting rid of rattles on the 5th gen camaros? I dont want to take it to the dealer and get bent over. If i cant find answers I'm just going to pull the whole headliner down and figure this BS out...
Are you sure it's not behind the sunroof? On my 2014 the roof support bracing came loose between the headliner and the roof - aft of the sunroof. It drove me crazy for quite awhile until I made them pull the headliner down and my local Chevy service department found the loose supports. Mine was still under the 3 yr/36,000 mile factory warranty but it took them two tries to get it fixed. I recently sold the car and the repair had been holding for a few months.
Barefoot Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
CamOnlySS

Drives: Black 2010 SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Dave View Post
Are you sure it's not behind the sunroof? On my 2014 the roof support bracing came loose between the headliner and the roof - aft of the sunroof. It drove me crazy for quite awhile until I made them pull the headliner down and my local Chevy service department found the loose supports. Mine was still under the 3 yr/36,000 mile factory warranty but it took them two tries to get it fixed.
Yeah it sounds like it's right behind the sunroof which is why I think sliding the cover back makes the rattle stop. It's out of warranty so when I get a chance I'm going to pull the headliner down myself and try to sort it out
CamOnlySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
Barefoot Dave
Barefoot Dave

Drives: 2015 ZL1, 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlySS View Post
Yeah it sounds like it's right behind the sunroof which is why I think sliding the cover back makes the rattle stop. It's out of warranty so when I get a chance I'm going to pull the headliner down myself and try to sort it out
Good luck! The service dept at my local dealership had never heard of this on a Camaro but their fix that did work was some sealer/glue designed for a similar problem on Tahoes/Suburbans. Apparently there is a TSB for them and they used the glue from that kit for the repair.
Barefoot Dave is offline   Reply With Quote