Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Thumbs down orange10s.c. AKA Gary's Customz has not fully delivered on product

I contacted orange10s.c. "Gary's Customz" via PM about buying a Transformers 2 bumper assembly on 9/28/2010. His post about the bumpers clearly state that the bumpers include the ports and splitter; see quote below. I got the price and do to time restraints I asked how long the process would take. I was quoted a week to a week and a half. This would be fine as I needed the car back together by Thanksgiving. I made the payment on 10/1/2010. Along with my payment information I requested that the bumper be painted just like in his post; ports and splitter are Matte Black.

Im a very patient person and fully expected the week to week and a half to be more like three. Three weeks go by and still not a word from orange10s.c. Gary's Customz. I contacted him via PM again on 10/25/2010 to check the status. He let me know that the bumper was finally on the way and that there were pics in the thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=272 (the IBM one if he keeps the pics up)

Right off the bat I could tell that the paint was not the Matte Black pictured in the thread. No big deal since I am having a hood painted the same time this is being installed I can have this fixed. Received the bumper on 11/1/2010 and contacted orange10s.c. Gary's Customz explaining that I did not receive the splitter. I asked if I would receive that separately.

His Response: "Yes you will be getting it seperate. They are running behind on having them ready and i thought they were going to be ready by now. All my customers are going to be getting some of the first one's when they are available. Thanks Gary" 11/1/2010

No updates so I PM'd again

My Question: "Any ETA on this? or do you know if this splitter can be installed without removing the bumper?"

His Response: "not yet. i'm trying to get a hold of them now since they are back from sema. It can be easily installed with the bumper on." 11/09/2010 7:44am CST

They = ACS

Taking matters into my own hands I PM'd ACS and in less than 4 hours got a reply. ACS is NOT making the splitter for this bumper and has no plans to at this time. I asked Gary again for a status on 11/15/2010 explaining that they dont have plans to make the splitter and he again assured me that the splitter was being made.

I let him know that I was giving this process two more weeks (in good faith) to have the splitter done or I would need to return the bumper. I personally dont like the bumper without the splitter and it will not flow with my car. So on 11/16/2010 I sent the following....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l
Ok, if not complete in two weeks I will need to return this bumper. I cant hold out forever not knowing when i can get my car finished. Remember i have custom paint going on the car and this is really holding me up. As it is the bumper was painted in gloss black not the matte finish like in your post. Yes i did request it. So I will be paying to have the black portion resprayed to match the car. I have held off from installing the bumper until i can have the paint done on it, the hood, roof, rear bumper, and trunk.

I think it be real beneficial if you updated your post with this info too. I understand that you thought it would be in by now but if you had said something or set expectations I would have just gone with the T3 assembly or simply kept the stock ss bumper and added a splitter. The T2 without the splitter doesnt look right at all.

Please keep me informed.

Response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c.

I sure will !!!!

Today we are at two weeks. I contacted Gary letting him know that I would like to return the bumper for a refund. To put it nicely he refuses to make this right. Gary sold me a bumper that he knew was not complete. I feel that he thought that I simply wouldnt notice that the splitter was missing. This is not a misunderstanding on my part and I had asked to begin with how long this process would take. Gary may have some nice products but to me he has been very dishonest.

If I had known that the splitter was not available I would have simply ordered the T3 bumper assembly and called it a day. Lucky me would have had the car together first week of November. I dont think its right or fair that I be stuck with an incomplete order. The assembly does not look right and does not flow well with my other body mods. I have researched other V6 splitters and none of them work for me. I seriously spent hours.

Gary states that he will refund the $339 for the splitter but that does not solve my problem. I still have an incomplete bumper assembly.

BUYER BEWARE Gary will charge you for parts knowing they aren't being produced. I am stuck with an $1800 V6 bumper with vents.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
sykb47l

Still isnt updated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
We are now offering the T2 "bumble bee style" and T3 "Z 28 style" front bumpers from ACS. These parts are awsome quality and fit like oem. They will accept your factory or herritage grilles and use all oem mounting hardware. The bumper assemblies will include front bumper, front splitter and ports. The Z28 style is ready now and the bumble bee style will be ready by mid june. We can also do paint matching as well. The bumper ports are available by themselves also. And fog light assemblies also. PM me any questions and pricing. Thanks.
As you can see I asked him to update his post so that everyone knows that the splitter is not available for the T2 bumper.

Big Difference in looks:
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Sorry to hear that. I had ordered ACS splitter in Satin black from Gary, and the finish was perfect.

I later ordered CDC side skirts in the same satin black, they arrived in a matte finish. Unfortunately, I hadn't checked the skirts in the light, so I didn't realize until the body shop had already put them on the car.

I asked Gary what I could do, he basically suggested using a polish on the skirts to make them more shiny. Since it was partially my fault for not checking, I didn't pursue this any further, but as people on the forum will tell you, getting painted parts is really hit or miss.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
sykb47l

Yep, If had ordered a SS splitter I would be just fine.

The V6 is the problem. I needed a replacement bumper after my hit and run.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
I know your issue is different, mine has been on my mind for a few months just need to vent !

At least you have the best color...IBM rocks!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
what a terrible way to handle and treat a customer.

you are not getting what you paid for - did you pay by credit card? I always buy my car parts via credit card because they have awesome protection for stuff like this, I'd open up a dispute immediately.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
sykb47l

I already tried that too. He only accepts paypal and its over 45 days. I'll call them in the morning.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #8
Entaille

yes, but you can enter a credit card through paypal. trust me, I had a similar run in with a body kit for my 350z and had to reverse 2000$ over on my credit card.

I use my credit card even when going through paypal. I don't trust their buyers protection

Old 11-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
eynigush
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SSRS Rally Yellow
I',m sorry to hear about your problem. Considering how much business Gary gets from this forum, you would think he would take a hit to keep a customer happy. Especially since he falsely described a product. Hope you get this resolved.

--Eddie
Old 11-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
sykb47l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
yes, but you can enter a credit card through paypal. trust me, I had a similar run in with a body kit for my 350z and had to reverse 2000$ over on my credit card.

I use my credit card even when going through paypal. I don't trust their buyers protection
It was an instant transfer from checking.

The money was from the insurance claim and some savings because i was upgrading. Yes i know BIG mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eynigush View Post
I',m sorry to hear about your problem. Considering how much business Gary gets from this forum, you would think he would take a hit to keep a customer happy. Especially since he falsely described a product. Hope you get this resolved.

--Eddie
Well I wont be getting the fender vents after this. Those were next on the list after income tax.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
Entaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by eynigush View Post

--Eddie
he really should have ate the loss on this one without question. he does get a lot of business here and he has a lot of happy customers, but word gets out fast from bad experiences and people think twice when it happens.

I know I was going to get a painted heritage grill from him for a christmas present, but as is without hearing his side of the story and seeing him make it right, I'll just go elsewhere.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:56 PM   #12
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
first off i never sold you an "incomplete " bumper on purpose. I told you from day one that ACS has no concrete time frame on when the T2 splitter will be done. Any time lines after that were being relayed from what information i was given from ACS. The bumper was delivered to you EXACTLY how you wanted it painted. I cannot help that the splitter is not ready yet. If i was making it it would be. I cannot take the bumper back just because the splitter is not ready. I have not EVER sold anyone a part that i knew i wouldn't have OR try to steal money from someone on parts i cannot get. I would not still be in business for 22 yrs doing that. Like i have told you before if you want the money back for the splitter i have no prob. giving it to you.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #13
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Hundreds of people have purchased from Gary Customs without incident. Are mistakes made, yepper, but I know Gary will make it right!

Now, I will tell you, I was at SEMA, and ACS had this bumper on display in thier both and in the NEW PRODUCTS section at SEMA (unpainted) as shown above...............So why they say "NO" have no clue!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
Old 11-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #14
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
They ARE making the splitter i have been told that many times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread