Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Irishtoolman

Drives: 1993 Indy Pace Car
23rd Annual Ontario Camaro Nationals and Camaro Homecoming Event

All official details and press releases pertaining to these events can be found at www.ontariocamaroclub.com both on the homepage and OCNationals link from the homepage.All information posted is posted with General Motors approval.Hotel information is also available along with a map of the hotel locations in relation to the show site at the plant.Online registration will follow in the near future.Please check back for all current details as they become available.There are many exciting details relating to the weekends activities and all information will be posted as it becomes available.The OCC forums have been reset for this event so if you have any questions or concerns please join and we will answer whatever we can with the information available to us at this time.I will only answer questions relating to The OCC and Camaro Homecoming events.All BBOMG questions should be directed to the BBOMG links found on this forum and will be answered by a BBOMG representative.
Irishtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtoolman View Post
All official details and press releases pertaining to these events can be found at www.ontariocamaroclub.com both on the homepage and OCNationals link from the homepage.All information posted is posted with General Motors approval.Hotel information is also available along with a map of the hotel locations in relation to the show site at the plant.Online registration will follow in the near future.Please check back for all current details as they become available.There are many exciting details relating to the weekends activities and all information will be posted as it becomes available.The OCC forums have been reset for this event so if you have any questions or concerns please join and we will answer whatever we can with the information available to us at this time.I will only answer questions relating to The OCC and Camaro Homecoming events.All BBOMG questions should be directed to the BBOMG links found on this forum and will be answered by a BBOMG representative.
HEY Toolman,

Does OCC have some members near Hawkesbury?
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Burnt_RS

Drives: '10 1LT/RS
When, in advance, do we register for the tour? Can we register now, or do we have to wait until the event?
Burnt_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
We will be there!!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Burnt_RS

Do we need to be OCC members (I.e. Buy the membership)?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_RS View Post
Do we need to be OCC members (I.e. Buy the membership)?
More info to follow from the BBOMG guys....

Originally Posted by fbodfather
All - I'm very concerned about the mis-information that's been circulating about the Event.

To be clear: We have been working with the Ontario Camaro Club on holding an International Camaro/Firebird event at a Camaro plant since the days when they were built at Ste. Therese. Unfortunately that wasn't to be. Since then, we've been discussing the event with Oshawa - and the time is now right to open the doors to you, our enthusiasts.

Our initial announcement was ONLY to allow you to block the date and to start the process of passport acquisition. Unfortunately a lot of confusion started when plans were made that weren't known to the OCC or Chevrolet.

To be clear -

From our announcement earlier this week:

".....The Plant Tour will occur on Friday, June 10, 2011 and will be open to owners (past and present) of Camaros and Firebirds. Tour spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis upon registration. To support the OCC in their fundraising efforts, those who secure a spot on the tour will be asked to contribute $10 (CDN) which will be donated to the Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario. Your $10 dollar contribution secures a spot for you and up to three guests (over the age of 12) on the tour.

For those bringing their Camaro or Firebird, registration with the OCC Nationals is required to secure parking in the official event area. We want to set some Guinness World Records, so please bring your cars, if you can – the more, the better! The cost to register your car is $35 (CDN) and no additional contribution is required if you secure a spot on the tour...."

So I would ask that we all suspend interpretations and allow the OCC to get their registration site up (they are enhancing their site to make it easier to register)

We expect many clubs and organizations to attend this event - however, you can imagine the chaos if each group made its own plans for inclusion within the event - thus, it is crucial that we have ONE organizing club -- The Ontario Camaro Club (just as we had Central Indiana Camaro Club as our host and organizing club at Indianapolis in 2000, 2002, and 2009.) in order to curb confusion.

Thank you for your understanding.
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
Burnt_RS

Thanks Rick. I guess I'm getting a little too excited. Also, thanks all of you that keep updating the forums with information!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Perhaps this question is premature but in terms of minutes and/or hours ...what is the approximate duration for the palnt tour?

Last edited by camaro99; 01-12-2011 at 11:47 AM.
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
christcringle

Drives: 2010 2SS/2011 Pacecar/2011 LS/ZL1
Send a message via Skype™ to christcringle
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
Perhaps this question is premature but in terms of minutes and/or hours ...what is the approximate duration for the palnt tour?
Not enough
Member ¨'' Club Elite '' #99
christcringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtoolman View Post
At this time all I can tell you is that the Plant Tour is a walk through event for all participants.In terms of how long it will last I do not have the answer to that.When more details become available I will post them for all to see.There are several restrictions for the plant Tour.The minimum age allowed to tour the plant is 12 and it will be monitored.No open toed footwear and no heels allowed in the plant.Wheelchair access is available for the Tour and cameras will be permitted on the Tour.All Tour participants that successfully register will be required to wear a secure wristband for the duration of the Tour.The wristbands will be available at a registration tent which should be set up around noon on Thursday(specific details and location to follow closer to the event).It is recommended that people try and bring their registration to the tent on the Thursday to obtain their wristbands to help make Fridays event more enjoyable.With 3000 people expected for the Tour the registration tent will be a busy place.Also remember wristbands will NOT be given out,you must arrive at the registration tent on Thursday or Friday morning with all your guests that are listed under your registration to have your wristbands attached.
How late will the tent be open Thursday? It appears we have a contingent from OH as well as some SE States coming through Buffalo Thursday afternoon but we hadn't planned on getting into the Oshawa area (to the hotel) until 7 or so.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
We are working with the OCC to assist however we can in making the process as simple and smooth as possible. This may include a few group trips on Thursday from the BBOMG host hotel over to the OCC registration tent to get wristbands etc. taken care of. This way to avoid 3000 people from hitting them all at once . Just an idea at this stage - details to be worked out later.

Stay tuned to this thread and the OCC website for all the registration details. Stay tuned to the BBOMG thread (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116335) for details about BBOMG.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
010 Camaro SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
What about personal money orders...It's confirmed cash...
There is still lots of time to send before June...
010 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
i can send you cash if you want me to i just can not do paypal

thanks
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #14
DWBcons_SS
Rise the Speed Limit

Drives: 2010 2SS Auto Red Jewel Tintcoat
I to can not use paypal. Someone is using my e-mail address so I cannot get logon. You will need some other way to pay.
DWBcons_SS is offline   Reply With Quote