Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
fz6r

Drives: Camaro
Thumbs up Another A+ for Adams & Dylan

A little back story- I bought my black RS last fall as a used 2010 and got a freakin awesome deal on it- but the paint was beat to all hell (hence being able to talk down the price). So after all the great things everyone says about Adam's on here, I pulled the plug and bought a Flex Kit from Adams mainly to correct the hood and trunk lid (which were the worst, for some reason), but of course to get my car looking good. I used the Flex later in the fall with fantastic results from the Adam's system to bring back some really nastily swirled and scratched paint, and with winter on its way out here in NJ, decided to break out the Flex to correct the whole car to compliment a bunch of mods I've been doing .

So last night, I got out my Adam's kit & Flex, and got started on the roof. I had just started working in SSR (yes, the paint is bad) into a third of the roof, when all of a sudden a start smelling something burning- no more than a second or two after I smell the burning my Flex starts shooting plastic all over my car! Some plastic dust, some little pieces, and some pretty substantial hunks of plastic that actually scratched the roof a little bit (nothing that can't be corrected with the Flex, considering how beat the roof was to begin with. I was startled to say the least! Well, the backing plate was clearly shot, but just to see if it was my error, I pulled off the Adams pad to see if the plate was fully tightened to the polisher, and it was- I couldn't get it any tighter at all with my hex. Although I haven't used it much, I still was able to do the three step process on my hood, trunk lid, and fenders prior to doing this, and there was no noise or anything coming from the backing plate prior- everything always worked just fine.

I had actually just placed an order on Saturday with Adams for a detail spray refill, VRT, glaze and some other things, so I shot an email to tips@adamspolishes.com around 9pm eastern time about the issue. At 12:11am eastern time, Dylan emailed me back- determined that it was a malfunction, and is sending out a replacement Flex and new SSR pad! That's three hours, people! On a Sunday night... on a holiday weekend! I don't think I could get a hold of my own brother that quickly. Last time I had a question about technique with the Flex, Dylan answered my email in less than a half hour. I'm honestly blown away by the level of customer service with the Adam's company. Kinda wish the Adam's team handled other things as well, like the DMV- could you imagine how easy it would be to renew your license with the Adam's team? Lol. But I digress- seriously, the products are not cheap, but by no means are they overpriced... you get what you pay for. The products are top-notch, and they stand behind them. Highly, highly recommend Adam's Polishes. Will post pics of my paint after I get my new Flex and finish the correction. Thanks again, Dylan & Adam's!
Attached Images

Last edited by fz6r; 02-20-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Mods- I accidentally posted in the wrong section, meant to post in maintenance- please move.
fz6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Don't sweat it, if I'm awake and have my phone or laptop near me while I'm relaxing its no big deal to respond. Its what I'd want a company to do for me if I needed something.

Sorry you had to deal with a defective polisher in the first place.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adams, flex, polisher, polishes