Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #2941
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
More money than brains???
Yes , on the court , the course or the track makes no difference .
One point with boats and I think Bruce will agree . You'll reach a velocity , encounter certain conditions and no matter how skilled and in sync the throttleman and driver are ... physics , nature and ultimately God predict the outcome .
Unlike a track the conditions are everchanging and no two waves are identical although as a pilot you definitely establish a rythym for the conditions until a huge wake from 5 miles away hits you and you have to react disrupting the rythym . You don't drive the boat , you fly it .
Old 05-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #2942
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
[QUOTE=speedster;3273631]Yeah that is what Lycoming T55L7's do - produce a lot of heat. One of the funniest things is when we first fire up at a dock. Everyone wants to be close, but you have to get them back because when the engines fire up the exhaust temp reaches 600 deg C in about 3 seconds which can cook a hot dog pretty quick and does interesting things with people's hair.

Hows this for a visual...

Old 05-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #2943
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
More money than brains???
It happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
Yes , on the court , the course or the track makes no difference .
One point with boats and I think Bruce will agree . You'll reach a velocity , encounter certain conditions and no matter how skilled and in sync the throttleman and driver are ... physics , nature and ultimately God predict the outcome . Unlike a track the conditions are everchanging and no two waves are identical although as a pilot you definitely establish a rythym for the conditions until a huge wake from 5 miles away hits you and you have to react disrupting the rythym . You don't drive the boat , you fly it .
Definitely. Wave mitigation is a big thing. You get very good at counting wave patterns. On one run from Miami to Key West in some very nasty weather in a 62' V-hull we were getting some tremendous air at 75-77 mph every 17th wave. It was a blast though.

[QUOTE=MisterCamaro69;3274710]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Yeah that is what Lycoming T55L7's do - produce a lot of heat. One of the funniest things is when we first fire up at a dock. Everyone wants to be close, but you have to get them back because when the engines fire up the exhaust temp reaches 600 deg C in about 3 seconds which can cook a hot dog pretty quick and does interesting things with people's hair.

Hows this for a visual...

Pretty close...
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #2944
Mr Twisty

needed a place to stash this pic, figured this was a good place
Quote:
A speedster is a fictional character in superhero fiction, particularly comic books, whose primary power is the superhuman ability to perform physical and/or mental acts at impossibly high speeds. The most recognizable such superhero is the Flash.
Quote:
"Speedsters make me nervous, because if you play them accurately, they're impossible to beat...The moment someone sees him coming, it's too late. You shout, "It's the Flash!" and you haven't even got "It's" out before you're done."
Old 05-31-2011, 02:38 PM   #2945
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post

needed a place to stash this pic, figured this was a good place

Great post. I forgot about the Callaway Speedster.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #2946
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Great post. I forgot about the Callaway Speedster.
Interesting car. Did Callaway actually sell very many units ?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #2947
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Interesting car. Did Callaway actually sell very many units ?
according to http://www.supercars.net/cars/372.html only 12 were built.

I guess $150,000.00 in 1991 dollars was just to steep for most.

Where did you come up with the name "speedster"?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #2948
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Bambi is going to get fat eating all this popcorn.

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #2949
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
according to http://www.supercars.net/cars/372.html only 12 were built.

I guess $150,000.00 in 1991 dollars was just to steep for most.

Where did you come up with the name "speedster"?
Callaway makes tons of money selling golf clubs so they can afford to build cars like these to promote themselves - how many do they sell? Not very many - when is the last time you saw one? I go to the auctions and it seems like the same 2 or 3 Calloways always find themselves being bought and sold - (Yes, what I said the same cars over and over )
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #2950
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Saw a really sweet Callaway Camaro in Savannah in early May. Had a chance to chat with the owner for a few.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #2951
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #2952
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
My car is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay slower now with me behind the wheel, due to all the popcorn I've been loadin up on waitin on Mr Speed's car lol. Get er done brotha (I know you're tryin and I still feel your pain) gonna be epic!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #2953
speedster
SST...

Well, not an exciting update, but wanted to keep you guys in the loop while you enjoy YOUR Camaros (and popcorn).

The transmission was in fact mechanically locked between reverese and 2nd. No one is quite sure why. It has been sent back to Bowler and they will undoubtedly fix it. All this hurry up and wait stuff...

I just want to drive the SST and enjoy a few different sets of back tires while you guys go for some terror rides...
Old 06-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #2954
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Quote:
Well, not an exciting update, but wanted to keep you guys in the loop while you enjoy YOUR Camaros (and popcorn).

The transmission was in fact mechanically locked between reverese and 2nd. No one is quite sure why. It has been sent back to Bowler and they will undoubtedly fix it. All this hurry up and wait stuff...

I just want to drive the SST and enjoy a few different sets of back tires while you guys go for some terror rides...
Oh man you're offering rides now! The only excuse I need to get my butt down to Florida lol. It'll all be worth i when its done homeboy, we're all routin for ya!

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo