Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-25-2009, 11:00 PM   #57
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
to reiterate whats already been said:

1) Cable - fix available at the dealer. I am sure new positive cables are being made to fix the issue long term from the factory and to retro-fit existing cars. .

2) Window indexing - as said - a reflash from the dealer should take care of it (some C6 Vettes had the issue as well)

3) Rear latch - my 4th gen does that too. Sometimes it takes 3-4 clicks of the button to get it to release properly. I am sure an adjustment from the dealer body shop can fix it.

4) brake weights? temporary solution until parts revisions can be made. Which would you rather deal with - weight adjustments or badly squeaking front brakes? I choose the former.

Thanks, and keep the "gremlin reports" coming. Thats the only way they are going to get fixed. Remember, YOU must participate to help make things better not only for yourself, but for future owners as well (like me).

And, FCS (PM me if you want to know what that stands for) -- PLEASE stop whining and help GM help you in resolving your issues.

Not everyone gets a happy ending, but you wont get one if you just bitch and moan (NOT meaning the original poster, you are just sharing, and we thank you).
Old 05-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #58
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaz1335 View Post
question...have you checked the weatherstripping? That used to happen all the time with my mustang...With the weather we have been having it tends to get sticky and holds down the lid and it locks again before raising up. Try putting a little electricians lube or Vasoline on the weatherstripping...not so much that whatever your putting in the trunk is going to get covered in it and then try it again...
That happens to my Corvette after it sits all winter - the weatherstripping sticks to the hatch and it won't open. Use a silicon spray and a paper towel.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #59
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post

i'm tellin' ya fellas.........................this car is absolutely worth your wait. as stated before, i found our exact order and bought it.

4 days, almost 500 miles..................every aspect of this car is mind blowing!

no gremlins at all.
But is it worth all the problems it will have in the future?

Bad thing is, "You wont be able to work on your car in your garage because of the computer".
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #60
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Not to be an ass but, how would you know?
I never said I didnt read consumer reports....plus thats why theres so many thread of people complaining about stuff.

Think about it, buy a Car thats been coming out for 3+ years, when it gets hear is beautiful, you noticed weights on the brakes, then the trunk wont open, maybe some mich-matched paint, and what have you done wrong here? Bought a car without waiting for the kinks to be worked out.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #61
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Quote:
Think of the poor souls who are waiting to get a year old one to save some money
Well at least if I do, hopefully most of the fixes will be known and I'll probably have about 8K less invested in the car. If there are too many problems I will wait until the 2011's or keep looking for a used C6 for the same price.

It is common for the first year of a redesign to have a fair amount of problems. The '93 F-Bodies had many issues. That was the first year of the 4th gen Camaro and Firebird.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:50 AM   #62
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
Well at least if I do, hopefully most of the fixes will be known and I'll probably have about 8K less invested in the car. If there are too many problems I will wait until the 2011's or keep looking for a used C6 for the same price.

It is common for the first year of a redesign to have a fair amount of problems. The '93 F-Bodies had many issues. That was the first year of the 4th gen Camaro and Firebird.
Agreed. But, if my $$ situation was different, I would already be driving one, and happily reporting my gremlins, or lack thereof to everyone. Guess since I am "old school" I understand the synergistic relationship between owners, GM, dealers, and the aftermarket to "make things better" if you are willing to get over the "it MUST be PERFECT" mind-set.

It won't be. You just need to be realistic, understanding, and patient (throw in some faith for good measure).
Old 05-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #63
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Quote:
Agreed. But, if my $$ situation was different, I would already be driving one, and happily reporting my gremlins, or lack thereof to everyone. Guess since I am "old school" I understand the synergistic relationship between owners, GM, dealers, and the aftermarket to "make things better" if you are willing to get over the "it MUST be PERFECT" mind-set.

It won't be. You just need to be realistic, understanding, and patient (throw in some faith for good measure).
Agreed and I'm not flaming anyone who is buying a 1st year Camaro. If money was no object and I could justify paying the premium to be one of the first. I would do it.
I'm in my 50's and have bought soooooo many cars, new and used in my life that I've had to learn to be somewhat practicle when buying toys. Otherwise I would go broke!!!!

That being said it sure would be fun to be a show off with one of the first.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #64
WILHELM

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
Nobody asked you
Why do you have a problem is I speak out?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #65
ericeast
Mr. Irrelevant

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
It doesn't matter how good something is, there are always going to be spoiled children expecting the entire world to revolve around them, and that every little issue they hear bout is gospel and WILL happen to them and someone is going to wipe their nose for them. Sheesh! Grow a pair already.
Straight up A-MEN to that, brother.

Order# NKDN32
ericeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #66
zzz28zzz

Drives: 2010 Chev Camaro 2SS/RS VR -
I had the same issue with the trunk last night. I tried to pop the trunk with the button in the car and I heard a series of clicking sounds. I did that a couple of times. Then I got out to see what was wrong and used the FOB and it clicked but the trunk did not open. The 2nd time I used the FOB the trunk opened. I have opened the trunk several times since then with no problems.
KJS ..... did you take it to the shop? Was it a simple adjustment fix??

Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
zzz28zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 PM   #67
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
DOH! Gremlins only occur if you get the car wet with water. So, dont wash the car or drive in the rain!
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #68
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbarberoilman View Post
This sucks. I am taking mine back and asking for a refund!!!! Mine, knock on wood has been great. 1300 miles and no problem other than the recall that was fixed the day the public found out and they gave us a $100 service voucher. The public loves it and people are still taking pictures of it in traffic. It is a celebrity anywhere we go. IBM 2SS Auto.
I hope you are not serious!
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #69
vet02

Drives: Corvette, CTS, Bug, 52 Chevy
I don't own one yet but have been driving a rental for a week with 900 miles on it. The center console wouldn't latch properly after the second day and several of the interior pieces don't look like they will hold up long. I'm a diehard Chevy fan and currently have a C5 Vette (interior could be much better quality), CTS (great interior design and quality) and Trailblazer (poor quality). GM has done some nice interiors and I was expecting a much better one on the Camaro. Either way I'll be picking up an SS but will wait another year or so.
vet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #70
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
my trunk wouldn't open yesterday... if it does this again... I will try and find a solution
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote