Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #183
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
Yes that makes sense. Thanks for the info.
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #184
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Jeff,

I am the proud owner of not only one, but FIVE new Chevrolet automobiles in 18 months. Four of them are 5th Gen Camaros. Just wish I didn't have this problem with the top. We LOVE this car....the color combo is perfect. Too bad it's the discontinued blue... :( Thanks for your help with us on this ongoing issue.

VIN: 2G1FK3DJ3B9180603
Hey man do you have an update my top looks exactly the same.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #185
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I took my 2011 SS Convertible to the GM dealer nearby and instead of getting the recall re-work today I'll be getting a new convertible top sometime late next week. The good news is that the rub marks will be gone from my roof but I don't want to get this improvement in appearance and then get water leaks in my car!
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #186
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
I got a recall in early may about fixing something on the top. Was never told what it was, but I took it in and it was fixed. Now every time I drive there is something shaking in the rear window, where the top is mounted. Sounds like something is loose.
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #187
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskilachi View Post
I got a recall in early may about fixing something on the top. Was never told what it was, but I took it in and it was fixed. Now every time I drive there is something shaking in the rear window, where the top is mounted. Sounds like something is loose.
I apologize for the disappointment you are experiencing with this issue. Have you taken your Camaro back the dealership with the concern you are now having? This may be the best thing to do. Please let me know if you have any other concerns via PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #188
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
I fot the 'fix' done last week, enjoying the new whistle when the top is up at highway speeds and perhaps even worse wind noise. Be careful on accepting this "fix" if you don't need it. I also believe they ignored me on the water management system, but since I never take it out in the rain, I don't know if this is a problem. I have one of the first batch of 'verts produced, so I am not confident in this.

Oh yeah, and now there's some rubber cement looking crap just behind where the top connects to the A pillars on the headliner. CLassy.

Tib
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #189
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Well just dropped my Camaro SS off to get a new top. Didnt really want to go this extreme but hole was a good size in roof. Everything has gone smooth so far with the dealer. Just a little worried they couldnt give me a time frame, will keep all posted on time gone and quality of work.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #190
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
Well just dropped my Camaro SS off to get a new top. Didnt really want to go this extreme but hole was a good size in roof. Everything has gone smooth so far with the dealer. Just a little worried they couldnt give me a time frame, will keep all posted on time gone and quality of work.
Good luck with the top. Mine is going in for it's second top replacement. Refused the first one, fitted wrong, canvas top anchors torn up underneath, headliner fitted wrong, etc. Waiting now for the phone call that my next top is in. I believe that they once again did not listen to the customer and authorized ONLY the top....and not the mechanism as well. My guess is that it will take a third time to get the whole mechanism and such as it should be the first time....the TSB is a joke. Again, best of luck -- and don't accept anything less than showroom quality - that's what you paid for, and that's what is expected.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #191
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the disappointment you are experiencing with this issue. Have you taken your Camaro back the dealership with the concern you are now having? This may be the best thing to do. Please let me know if you have any other concerns via PM.

Brandon
I´m taking it to another dealer this weekend for some other issues, and getting a second opinion on things that my dealership haven´t figured out. I guess I´ll ask them to take a look at it as I´m already there.
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #192
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskilachi View Post
I´m taking it to another dealer this weekend for some other issues, and getting a second opinion on things that my dealership haven´t figured out. I guess I´ll ask them to take a look at it as I´m already there.
That's great to hear that you are taking the correct steps to get it diagnosed. Please let us know how service goes and if your issue was resolved.

Brandon
Old 05-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #193
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
I fot the 'fix' done last week, enjoying the new whistle when the top is up at highway speeds and perhaps even worse wind noise. Be careful on accepting this "fix" if you don't need it. I also believe they ignored me on the water management system, but since I never take it out in the rain, I don't know if this is a problem. I have one of the first batch of 'verts produced, so I am not confident in this.

Oh yeah, and now there's some rubber cement looking crap just behind where the top connects to the A pillars on the headliner. CLassy.

Tib
I am sorry for your dissatisfaction of the Top Enhancement that was resolved on your vehicle. If you want to PM me any details including your first and last name, mileage, address, VIN, involved dealership, and best number to contact you at, I will be more than happy to do some research and to see what options are available to you.

Brandon
Old 05-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #194
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
Please let us know how service goes. We are happy that your dealership was able to address your concern. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to PM me with any details.

Brandon
Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #195
cactuseater

Drives: .
Stopped by the dealer today to check on things. Seems the Director of Service is no longer there, my 2nd top replacement is in "limbo" ( I was told 3 weeks ago it was ordered), and the 4 wheels that need to be replaced because of the paint coming off of them (not kidding...). Love this car, but it's getting old. Open invite to ant GM Rep to PM me, I'm looking for some help from GM at this point.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #196
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
How about the BBB. Seems they get the ball rolling better
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote