Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #29
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdleft152 View Post
Agreed. All Dyno's are different. The only thing a dyno is good for is tuning, like litle88 said, because they show a difference, or change. You can only compare car to car on the same dyno with the same driver and a similar environment or on the track!
Which is exactly why i asked for a Dyno comparison of all the different headers, on the same car, much like JRE did for the intake tests.

If theres a performance comparison showing the ET and MPH for each header sure that would be even better, but thats extremely unlikely, hence why I asked if anyone has a dyno comparison.

People buy CAI industries intakes because they "make the numbers" and look awesome. Im sure people buy headers with the same logic in mind, so wheres the dyno sheets (proof) to see how each stack up against each other?

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #30
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
YOUR WRONG! Don't come here spreading Internet rumors! NO THEY ( kooks) DO NOT get their steal from CHINA!!

Dyno's do not provide REAL hp figures but are only a tuning tool. They will give you an idea. If you want real data then the track and times will NEVER lie.
And you know this for a fact? Ive done quite a bit of research on this, thats what I found. Who cares if the steel came from China or russia or the USA or wherever. As long as its the proper material and size they advertise, it'll do exactly what its supposed to do.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #31
thirdleft152

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS LS3 - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 View Post
Which is exactly why i asked for a Dyno comparison of all the different headers, on the same car, much like JRE did for the intake tests.

If theres a performance comparison showing the ET and MPH for each header sure that would be even better, but thats extremely unlikely, hence why I asked if anyone has a dyno comparison.

People buy CAI industries intakes because they "make the numbers" and look awesome. Im sure people buy headers with the same logic in mind, so wheres the dyno sheets (proof) to see how each stack up against each other?
I agree! I don't believe, or take for fact, half the stuff that is posted on here. The stuff that is posted just shows a rating for their current setup with their environment. If someone posts a dyno run with before and after then thats great, and can show something. Unfortunately though your right not many will have the comparisons your looking for.

For most things i usually do tons of research before i purchase however with the car, i let the professionals decide for me. I did do some research but from what i could tell there wasn't enough info available to determine which is better (as far as direct comparison tests). The guys at ADM Performance are top notch and i went with everything they suggested and have been tremendously pleased so far.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Yes I wouldn't be saying it if it was not a FACT!

Don't take my word for it, call one of the major distributors of them like Maryland speed. See for yourself. Or search "Maryland speed"'s posts ON this forum.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #33
rare991

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
bumped back again... now its mid april till they ship. I asked for a refund
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdleft152 View Post
Your not going to be disappointed if you go with anything. Any LT are going to wake your car up so much that you'll be satisfied regardless. I just got some stainless works headers and i love them.
agree, any header that is stainless will do the job . from a $400 to a $2000 header. u might have a few hp diff and u might not.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #35
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
me and a another guy in my area have the same cars same setup other then exhaust and i have a k&n intake which is not the best , he has a c.a.i. . i have a nitrous setup on mine which is just a spacer while running n/a. he runs tsp i run obx .then one of my buddies has the same setup but a rotofab and stainless steal works. all trap with a mph of each other.
all on street tires
all lg g6x3 cams
all tuned by bluecat
diff intakes
diff headers.
same mph.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote