Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #71
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Edmunds sucks!! their video doesn't work and keeps freezing my browser!!! This is killing me!
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #72
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
My thoughts:

Does anyone else think its a coincidence that the site has problems when the Camaro video is posted? The hoards of Camaro fans and all other interested parties swamping the servers? Yup, this car has a following no doubt.

Secondly, after watching the video and reading the speculation fueled by it and Scott's post, all I have to say is: Who Cares? We know we're getting one of the sexiest, highest performance cars on the road for a very affordable price. Listen to that sound. Watch that thing go around the track. They could call the engine POS and it wouldn't change the fact that it is amazing. Woot.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #73
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Z28, huh? that sucker sounds reeal good! the ss will be a 550+ monster... THAT'S WHAT I WANT!!!!
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #74
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
My thoughts:

Does anyone else think its a coincidence that the site has problems when the Camaro video is posted? The hoards of Camaro fans and all other interested parties swamping the servers? Yup, this car has a following no doubt.

Secondly, after watching the video and reading the speculation fueled by it and Scott's post, all I have to say is: Who Cares? We know we're getting one of the sexiest, highest performance cars on the road for a very affordable price. Listen to that sound. Watch that thing go around the track. They could call the engine POS and it wouldn't change the fact that it is amazing. Woot.
Mutha F'in

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #75
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
supercharger

it is funny that they are so set on that being a z28 just by the sound of the car. If you take a look at the zr1 video, you can't hear the supercharger as it goes by, so how do they know, she could be supercharged.
warbird81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #76
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
My thoughts:

ZR1 vid did exactly the same to me long before 'maro vid was ever posted. edmunds site sux (or at least how they deploy videos).

But, they prolly did that to avoid the traffic storm and crashing the server.

whatever. i'm sure some other "usable" vids will surface once edmunds gets their 15 mins.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #77
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicerguy View Post
I put what I think are the "nopes" in red. I think the V8 at launch is going to be in the SS. It follows the current badging schedule of Chevy. I think the Z28 will the be the Hi-Po Gt500 Killer to follow. It has been speculated that the supercharged motor for the Z28 will be the LS8. Just my guesses!
I humbly disagree with your statement about the SS following GM's current badging...or whatever you're saying. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by current badging schedule...but if you mean what I think you mean, then I disagree. SPECULATION is ALL that we have in the way of SS vs. Z28. My opinion...is that SS will remain the highest trim level. THAT is the direction that Chevy has taken over the last oh...I don't know...12 years or so? Camaro SS, Cobalt SS, Impala SS, Trailblazer SS, Silverado SS, Monte Carlo SS...

Again, that's just my opinion...In fact, my dream has always been to own a Camaro SS...and if the Camaro SS is the top of the line...well, I won't be able to afford it. So you can see that my opinion conflicts with my want.

Aside from all of this talk and speculation, we don't even KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is even going to be a Z28. Additionally, Scott eluded to the fact that there is only one direction for GM to go...or rather that they've already made the choice. Camero went as far as to say that the SS vs. Z28 choice was made over a year ago.

So in all honesty, let's drop the SS vs. Z28 debate...and focus on the TRUE and ULTIMATE fight...CAMARO vs. mustang (even though we already know the outcome)

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #78
Slave One

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
(Oh, and Gen V is a "nope" as well. At least not the first couple of years)
With all due respect... how so?

Wouldnt they want to introduce that kind of technology on a high profile vehicle like the New Camaro??
I know history has shown us so far that Corvette gets everything first and the Camaro gets the hand me downs...

but did not Mr. Scott say to... "Forget everything you know about engines??" (or something very close to that:P)
Slave One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #79
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird81 View Post
it is funny that they are so set on that being a z28 just by the sound of the car. If you take a look at the zr1 video, you can't hear the supercharger as it goes by, so how do they know, she could be supercharged.
Something tells me they have an inside source. Now if that source would come onto the site and tell us what they have told edmunds that might make some sense of all the speculations.
BTW Fbodfather no offense to you, your the best source by far, I just want to know if what they're saying is true.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #80
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Good gawd..... spill the beans already......... please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just open the lid and spill em out Scott or anyone from GM!!! Or you can have me do it..... ill just break the jar and let beans out for good! WERE DESPERATE TO KNOW!!!!LOL!

No seriously....... why the teasing.... just tell us what that girl is packin underneath, lol.

I guess i know why you guys dont wanna tell....*sigh*.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:44 AM   #81
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
i hope there is a s/c camaro and i bet the one on the vid is the z28
Old 04-15-2008, 05:23 AM   #82
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Vid will not load at my work either:( Oh well. Dont ya just know that the Fbodfather is just "filled to the brim" with info he can't spill the beans about.....Yet. One of these days soon, Scott will overflow like an active volcano with info for the faithful
Old 04-15-2008, 05:38 AM   #83
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
Edmunds sucks!! their video doesn't work and keeps freezing my browser!!! This is killing me!
Same here!!!
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:09 AM   #84
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat
IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
He said several nopes. that means that 3 or more bits of info are wrong. In the post being refered to, here are the points that I can make out, both implied and explicit:

There will be a Z28
That car will be availible at launch
It will have 400 hp
That engine will be a detuned LS3
There will be an SS
The SS will come later
It will make 550 hp
It will feature a Supercharger
The engine will be called an LSA
Many sources believe this is the way it will be

it was worth a shot, wasn't it?
smokn' is offline   Reply With Quote