Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-01-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
raildusk

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition
Water Spot Removal

Has anyone ever tried any of the water spot removal products? I have only had my car for about a month and it had water spots that won't come off, I looked doling and found everything from clay bar to some water spot removal products by mothers, meguiars and a few other companies, just wondering if anyone had actually tried any and if they actually worked?
Old 11-01-2015, 02:05 PM   #2
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Try a clay bar first. If that doesn't work move on to a water/vinegar mixture.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:32 PM   #3
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
If clay bar and water/vinegar don't work then the clear has been etched into. You will need to polish at that point.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
raildusk

I was thinking the clay bar, but never heard of vinegar water, going to try to do it my next off hutch which is like 9 days away. Thanks for the advice, I will let everyone know how it goes.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #5
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
I tried it, didn't do anything. I consider it less radical than clay bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
I had some pesky water sports recently. Clayed them and then used some Meguairs M105 compound by hand. Seems that combo did the trick for me.

Might find this helpful: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...pots-hand.html
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I removed water spots on several Corvette's this Summer.
I clayed first followed by Paint Correcting Polish, orange Gen5 Pad. A couple passes with either the Flex or Rupes machine polishers and they were gone.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/4...hing-kits.html
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #8
j.curt

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
I was able to remove some earlier in October with vinegar and water.
j.curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #9
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
I clayed first followed by Paint Correcting Polish, orange Gen5 Pad. A couple passes with either the Flex or Rupes machine polishers and they were gone.

The newer Corvette's have softer paint now?
I did a Mercedes-Benz a few months ago, paint was like a brick, only thing I could get to cut good was Shine Supply Flat Top w/ Carpro Flash Pads on my Rupes 21.

The Corvette's used to come with ceramic clear on them which is pretty hard, similar to Mercedes or Audi paint.

Course nothing has been as hard as a gel-coat I did on an older bass boat with some pretty bad oxidation, it took 500, 1000, 2000 sanding to get it out! My first and last boat!

Raildusk, if you have to polish by hand if the vinegar or clay doesn't work, Carpro Fixer works very well, not as good as by machine, but pretty close. I got all the fingernail scratches that were underneath the door handles on my Camaro out with it, took a little time though. I used a standard yellow waxing foam pad.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #10
raildusk

I have a buffer buried in my garage somewhere, hopefully it still works. I'm going to try the vinegar 1st, just because I have it at home, if that doesn't do it then I'll try the clay bar and last will be using the buffer and more chemicals. Hoping the vinegar does the trick. They aren't terribly bad they just bug me. No one notices them until I start pointing it out.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #11
You Mad Bro

Drives: 2014 ZL1
water/vinegar mixture

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
Try a clay bar first. If that doesn't work move on to a water/vinegar mixture.
What proportions should the water/vinegar mixture be, 50/50?
You Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #12
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by raildusk View Post
Has anyone ever tried any of the water spot removal products? I have only had my car for about a month and it had water spots that won't come off, I looked doling and found everything from clay bar to some water spot removal products by mothers, meguiars and a few other companies, just wondering if anyone had actually tried any and if they actually worked?
i tried water spot removal and i worked properly. it's a gook habit keep the whole car wet on the entire washing and then get it dry. of course sometimes the sun do the trick.
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #13
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post

I had severe water spots left from a hotel sprinkler system on the back half of my Camaro. When I got home I use the Haze and glaze swirl remover, orange pad, and my porter cable. This remove 99% of the problem. Then a nice coat of polish and wax, no more spots. I love my ADAM's products.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #14
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I had severe water spots left from a hotel sprinkler system on the back half of my Camaro. When I got home I use the Haze and glaze swirl remover, orange pad, and my porter cable. This remove 99% of the problem. Then a nice coat of polish and wax, no more spots. I love my ADAM's products.
Thanks & Glad it worked out for you!!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote