#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-21-2017, 03:55 AM   #99
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wow! I missed that. Good for the Ford fans. Got to love these power wars we are in. Wonder where it ends. Just read about a Tesla that does 1.6 zero to 60 with a 250mph top end.
Not one can complete a Nurburgring run without overheating. That extends to every Tesla model that has been ran!!
Old 12-21-2017, 03:57 AM   #100
hashtag

Tune & Tire will not make a 2018 Mustang GT run low
11’s. Tune & a Tire change on a 2018 Mustang will smoke a new ZL1??? ����*♂️[/QUOTE

Mustang is good for one thing 0-60 magazine racing as I ran a GT A10 from - Roll & it was not much of a race.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:38 AM   #101
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
So I think what some of the 18 Mustang fanbase (and the ZL1 dismissives) are trying to parlay into low 11's with a 'tire/tune' is the fact that Evan Smith recently ran a full stock (to the tire) 18 GT A10 at a very impressive 11.835 in mineshaft DA on a well prepped track in near perfect conditions.

This is now their rallying cry that they are going to use when citing this obvious hero run and then saying that if THEIR car had a tune and tire and if THAT car ran a 11.835 fully stock, then shucks almighty, THEIR car will run low 11's all day long and smoke every ZL1 made.

Folks - it just ain't happenin'... It does NOT work that way.

So, what they fail to think about is that had Evan Smith had an A10 ZL1 on hand on that SAME day at the SAME track in the SAME conditions, he would have easily reeled in a 10.XXX.

I like the new '18 GT but - I like reality a whole lot more.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:59 AM   #102
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
So I think what some of the 18 Mustang fanbase (and the ZL1 dismissives) are trying to parlay into low 11's with a 'tire/tune' is the fact that Evan Smith recently ran a full stock (to the tire) 18 GT A10 at a very impressive 11.835 in mineshaft DA on a well prepped track in near perfect conditions.

This is now their rallying cry that they are going to use when citing this obvious hero run and then saying that if THEIR car had a tune and tire and if THAT car ran a 11.835 fully stock, then shucks almighty, THEIR car will run low 11's all day long and smoke every ZL1 made.

So, what they fail to think about is that had Evan Smith had an A10 ZL1 on hand on that SAME day at the SAME track in the SAME conditions, he would have easily reeled in a 10.XXX.

What people really need to understand is that all of these cars are awesome at what they can do. My 05 Mustang GT had 300HP and only ran a 13.1. People thought that was great.
This petty back and fourth is meaningless. After all there are much faster cars than Camaros and Mustangs in this world. Just enjoy which ever one puts the fire under your ass and dont worry about a couple of tenths of a second. It means nothing unless you are racing for money or a class win. The rest is just for fun stuff.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:35 AM   #103
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
What people really need to understand is that all of these cars are awesome at what they can do. My 05 Mustang GT had 300HP and only ran a 13.1. People thought that was great.
This petty back and fourth is meaningless. After all there are much faster cars than Camaros and Mustangs in this world. Just enjoy which ever one puts the fire under your ass and dont worry about a couple of tenths of a second. It means nothing unless you are racing for money or a class win. The rest is just for fun stuff.
You left out challengers in your much faster cars in the world, Freudian slip?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #104
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post

The person who originally started that nonsense about the GT keeping up with ZL1s was just trying to troll us. But the Mustang idiots actually started to believe him, lol! Which is why I wanted to clear it up earlier when I read someone posting that. As awesome as people think the 18 GT is, it in no way can compare to the ZL1. And it's a shame that we live in a world where we actually have to state this obvious fact. Even with the bogging issues a ZL1 should still beat a GT on the same day at the same track.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:38 AM   #105
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Ive been on this fourm since 2009(well C5 where this fourm was born from). I dont noitice the sea of trolls you are claiming. Maybe beause Im not focused on looking for them. I always looked at this Internet troll stuff as sort of childish. I used to play along, but anymore I just think of how silly it all is. I just chose not to play in that part of the Internet anymore. It isnt real anyhow.
There was one guy on here and his handle was FANBOY. He gave everyone a run for their money and especially BLAQWHOLE. Nothing against BLAQWHOLE at all, I chimed in too. So that is sticking in everyone's mind I am sure. He must have drowned or banned

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #106
Snagged

Drives: '03 10th Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I agree that it does seem like a good amount of the M6 ZL1s are plagued with this issue. But there also are a lot of people who have not had this issue at all. As far as the options, some of them have some sort of drag mode option or something like that. Apparently it helps. Not all of them have it tho. And if the majority of them are having bogging issues, then if one runs good, that can't be considered a "hero run". It isn't a hero run, it's just that they are having issues...to what extent we don't know at the present time. The 11.8 GT was indeed a hero run...since I have not seen any other GT bone stock break 11s. From what I've seen it was that one guy that one time.

I would put money that you in your ZL1 against an 18 GT in any configuration would come out ahead even with the bogging issue if the run is on the same day and same track and provided it isn't against a pro driver. Even with a pro-driver and even if you bogged I would still say the ZL1 is faster. Especially since there are a good amount of them that can only muster a low 12 even with DRs. Think what you want about which one is faster. But the 18 GT is not faster than the ZL1 at all. Your comparison is like saying a can beat a Z06 if the Z06 driver misses a shift. And you can't just make a statement based off the possibility that the ZL1 might bog. Off the rip, car to car, the ZL1 is the faster car.
Well aren't hero runs something that is done only once and done basically on a fluke? As reported he (18 GT) also went 11.86/119, 11.89/118.80 and then the very first run down the track was 11.94/119 with higher air pressure in the rear. The 11.8's were done on 26 psi. It's pretty consistent for one person to run like that.
Snagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #107
Snagged

Drives: '03 10th Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
Not one can complete a Nurburgring run without overheating. That extends to every Tesla model that has been ran!!
I missed this post. I had no idea those cars had a problem like that. For whatever reason I didn't think it was an issue for Teslas. Very interesting to know but that is certainly indeed one of the few tracks I could understand them overheating on, ha. They are handful though and if the new generation is coming out, can't be beat.

Last edited by Snagged; 12-21-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Snagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #108
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagged View Post
Well aren't hero runs something that is done only once and done basically on a fluke? As reported he (18 GT) also went 11.86/119, 11.89/118.80 and then the very first run down the track was 11.94/119 with higher air pressure in the rear. The 11.8's were done on 26 psi. It's pretty consistent for one person to run like that.
I didn't see that information...granted I didn't care enough to pay attention to every detail. What I did see was that he got the 11.8 and then he was back in the 12s and I think he ended the day with a 12.1 or something like that. Again, wasn't really interested.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #109
Blown355

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
So, it looks like the 2018 GT posted 11.8 straight from the showroom yesterday afternoon. : /

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...18-mustang-gt/
Congratulations Ford, you finally caught up with a bone stock Camaro SS A8.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427506
Blown355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #110
hashtag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagged View Post
I missed this post. I had no idea those cars had a problem like that. For whatever reason I didn't think it was an issue for Teslas. Very interesting to know but that is certainly indeed one of the few tracks I could understand them overheating on, ha. They are handful though and if the new generation is coming out, can't be beat.

The only place you could beat Tesla’s is on a road course
Old 12-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #111
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
The only place you could beat Tesla’s is on a road course
Yep, especially once they go limp from overheated batteries.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #112
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
You left out challengers in your much faster cars in the world, Freudian slip?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No I didn't. I said much faster. See no reason to include the kiddie. You really don't get it.
You prove that with every post. Good job kid.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote