Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #71
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Damn This makes me super nervous for my Aggressor 2

My worst mod so far was probably this stupid "CAMARO RS" sticker I got for my dash trim. It was really crappy quality and it fell off like 2 hours after I put it on
Ha! I got vinyly stickers with the Chevy logo to cover up the airbag warnings on the visors. It looked so lame and everyone kept commenting on them, so I finally removed them and just slapped them on a guitar case.
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #72
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMetal2SS View Post
MRT Rear window louver. Extremely poor fitment. Was advertised to 'perfectly compliment the lines of your 2012 Camaro'. It really didn't. Top left corner stuck up about 1" from the window! Sent them pics and got this response;

"From the pictures you did a very nice job installing the louver and your concern of the driver side top corner does not raise any flags telling us there is a problem with the louver or installation. If an absolutely perfect fit is what you are after I would suggest have a local metal fabrication shop modify the louver to achieve the custom fit your looking for."
You have to be kidding me!!

Any gap smaller than 1 inch is considered precise? I don't think I'll be buying anything from them. Precision isn't measured in inches...
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #73
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Damn This makes me super nervous for my Aggressor 2

My worst mod so far was probably this stupid "CAMARO RS" sticker I got for my dash trim. It was really crappy quality and it fell off like 2 hours after I put it on

Aubrey, The bumper now "sorta" fits, but my sidemarkers are being sold at less than half price if that says anything. The biggest reason was all the "shortcuts" and business ethics. That's all I'm going to say publically. If you need more details, feel free to pm me.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #74
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
You gonna be at fest? Is this an affordable, easy to do thing we might be able to bang out in the parking lot? Beers on me
I am at the host hotel now. My car is in the corner northwest side of the building in the back with the other cars. I am next to a blue and 2 black Camaro's. My black car has gold hockey stripes. Come look me up anytime. You can call or text me @ 419-376-9399
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #75
DeathMetal2SS

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
You have to be kidding me!!

Any gap smaller than 1 inch is considered precise? I don't think I'll be buying anything from them. Precision isn't measured in inches...
Yeah. I think the fact that they recommend aftermarket modification of their aftermarket modification in order to achieve a clean fit is a dead giveaway for poor product engineering.
DeathMetal2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #76
robotfighter

I just remembered another set of mods I deeply regretted: replacing the generic factory speakers with cheap, barely better speakers and a cheap amp. Not only was it a waste of money, but it was a waste of time. It did not sound much better, the speakers blew out almost immediately, and I had to pay the additional labor of replacing the crappy parts with much better equipment. Lame mistake on my part!!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #77
Predator2U

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS M6
Not sure if it is considered a mod however; "buying General G-Max replacement treads". After 8K miles, they howl like big 33" mud truck tires at 40-55MPH. I thought it was a differential issue but dealer says it's definitely the tires.

$1000 goof on my part.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #78
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator2U View Post
Not sure if it is considered a mod however; "buying General G-Max replacement treads". After 8K miles, they howl like big 33" mud truck tires at 40-55MPH. I thought it was a differential issue but dealer says it's definitely the tires.

$1000 goof on my part.
I have stayed away from General tires since the early 70's. one set was enough for me to say never again.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #79
Predator2U

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I have stayed away from General tires since the early 70's. one set was enough for me to say never again.
Yeah I learned my lesson now... In 1976 I bought a set of Mickey Thompsons for my 64' Chevelle SS and they were awesome tires. Should have spent the extra $$ and went that route.

The wife's Mustang is about ready for new tires... I think I will get her a set of Generals!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #80
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Ghost sidemarkers. I liked them, but I hit a deer and trashed one. I broke the tabs off the good one taking it out. I just put the OEM back in the new front bumper. Not worth buying one and hassling to replace the broken tab one. Should have used the money elsewhere.
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #81
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Yeah I learned my lesson now... In 1976 I bought a set of Mickey Thompsons for my 64' Chevelle SS and they were awesome tires. Should have spent the extra $$ and went that route.

The wife's Mustang is about ready for new tires... I think I will get her a set of Generals!!!
Now that is some coincidence I went from the Generals to Mickey Thompson's too... They not only looked great my car drove so much better.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #82
RedVictory
Luv my LS3

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3
Vinyl bowtie blackouts were the worst thing I ever bought. Deceptively difficult to apply properly, you supposedly have to trim them to fit.... Paid top dollar from a highly regarded forum sponsor and even paid to have them professionally installed alongside my grand sport stripes.

Still looked like shit and eventually just ripped them off and plasti dipped them for a fraction of the cost which looked near flawless.

I'm rocking Lupe's emblems now though. Probably one of my favorite mods thus far.
RedVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #83
robotfighter

I just thought of another mod I sorely regret. A couple of years ago when I bought my evil baby, I decided I wanted after-market fog lights and not daytime running lights, so I got the model that came without these lights and purchased a set on eBay, made by a company called Bling (ugh). I took the lights to Al & Ed's Autosound and they said they could install them. Turns out they just cut away part of the inserts to accommodate the lights, then GLUED THEM IN!!! So when the bulbs die, I have to scrap the whole kit!! Bastards. On that note, can anyone recommend any aftermarket kit made specifically for the Camaro that include the kit?
Old 08-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #84
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
Quote:

$1000 goof on my part.

I've been running GMax's since Feb 2012, and have put somewhere around 15K on em and have had no issues or noise from them at all.

As for the original topic, no mods I regret other than putting night shades on my tail lights instead of vinyl. Had to get my inspection in February, they refused to pass me because I used paint on my tail lights instead of vinyl. No problem, my fault, but basically I could have put %5 vinyl tint on my tail lights and they would have passed me. However since I had a light coat of night shades, they said no.