Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #393
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
There's a solution!
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #394
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
You got to love the generic response from Chevrolet customer service they give on here. Its like a bot and completely useless.
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #395
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
You got to love the generic response from Chevrolet customer service they give on here. Its like a bot and completely useless.
Attached Images

Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #396
JammerJohn

Drives: 45th Anniversary SS
My dash was ordered last week, got it installed today, Looks good so far..
JammerJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #397
cflbuckeye

Drives: 2012 Convertible Camaro 2SS w/RS
Ordered my dash replacement, it took two months to get in, and was installed this past Saturday.

Eager/Anxious to see how long it holds up.
cflbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #398
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
There's a solution!
There is?? What is it??
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #399
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Sorry was ref to this

Had this same issue on my C6.........the leather on the A-Pillars kept seperating so I traded the car off for a ZL1..........Life is good!
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #400
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I took mine in this morning to get the bubbling documented. The service advisor confirmed there is a hold on replacements until a proper replacement is available. He said, "GM is aware of the problem and working on a solution."
I took mine in about a month ago as well, and they said they will need to contact me later when a solution exists.

Well I got a call yesterday and they said their new part was in and they want me to drop off the car on Tuesday. I am concerned though, again, they think it's going to take several hours to do this replacement when it should only be an hour or so.
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #401
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcplus14 View Post
I took mine in about a month ago as well, and they said they will need to contact me later when a solution exists.

Well I got a call yesterday and they said their new part was in and they want me to drop off the car on Tuesday. I am concerned though, again, they think it's going to take several hours to do this replacement when it should only be an hour or so.
That sounds encouraging. I wonder what the new part number is and if its the same as the old one.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #402
dcplus14

Too be honest, I am thinking they are slow and lazy and since I didn't push them they are taking this (1 whole month) to get back to me. With them saying it will take several hours to replace, it makes me me feel like they really don't know what they are doing.

On top of things, all of a sudden, I get a check engine light today outta nowhere, 12k miles on the car, and my OnStar service just coincidentally ran out a few weeks ago. I'll wait till I take the car in to the dealer Tuesday to get it diagnosed. I hate how in Cali you can't just get the codes read at an Autozone or the like, and my OBD-II reader is currently 100 miles away. Did receive a diagnostics e-mail from Onstar stating "evaporative emissions systems" today about this, are they still indirectly monitoring my system or what. Checked the fuel cap and oil caps, nothing cleared the light.

We'll see when the dash is done what else is goin on. Once this is all sorted, and get these 1LE sways installed, I will be a happy camper.
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #403
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
...my OnStar service just coincidentally ran out a few weeks ago.
Did receive a diagnostics e-mail from Onstar stating "evaporative emissions systems" today about this, are they still indirectly monitoring my system or what.
If your subscription expired in September and you had not received a September Vehicle Diagnostic report, they owed you one for the month. You may get one in October, as a little "Come back to OnStar" goodwill persuasion.

Between OnStar and SiriusXM, the expense of owning a goes way beyond gas, oil, and routine maintenance.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #404
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

If you would like me to contact your dealership prior to dropping it off and researching the repair time, please let me know. I will need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #405
dcplus14

Brought in the car yesterday to have the Dash insert replaced and the Check engine light assessed (turns out EVAP solenoid failed and was replaced). Took them the whole day to fix these two issues, Michelle the Service Manager was very Customer Service oriented and great to work with.

Received the car around closing time, new dash installed, drove it off the lot and by the time I got onto the freeway I had noticed that the trim around the A/C vent wasn't properly installed. It seems the installer was a bit sloppy around the corners. I called Michelle back and she seemed genuinely upset about the job the guy did, told me to bring it in in the morning to get it squared away. All this driving back and forth is getting to me.

I dropped the car off this morning, Michelle seemed to be running late and hadn't returned my call yet. The service tech there told me to wait 5-10 minutes and he'd get back to me. He finds me and tells me they will need to take the dash apart again in order to re-install the part and it will take a couple of hours. I was unhappy at this point, but agreed to let them drop me off at work. (Tired of dealing with rental agency, paperwork, etc.)

Got a call back from the tech about half an hour ago, he had left a voicemail stating that the service bulletin is out and they aren't allowed to replace the dash (something they decided to override and do anyways yesterday). He stated that they can no longer work on the car and fix their installation issue claiming the service bulletin as the reason. This pissed me off because the issue is that they installed the part poorly and the issue seen is not correllated w/ dash bubbling but with crap installation. I called Michelle again, voicemail, she seems to be missing in action at the moment. Kind of in this state of flux, really don't want to accept the car back after this poor installation by the dealer only to hope and wait for GM to somehow issue a proper fix on the car down the line.

Real point of post: There still isn't a fix to this solution per GM.

Last edited by dcplus14; 10-03-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #406
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Brought in the car yesterday to have the Dash insert replaced and the Check engine light assessed (turns out EVAP solenoid failed and was replaced). Took them the whole day to fix these two issues, Michelle the Service Manager was very Customer Service oriented and great to work with.

Received the car around closing time, new dash installed, drove it off the lot and by the time I got onto the freeway I had noticed that the trim around the A/C vent wasn't properly installed. It seems the installer was a bit sloppy around the corners. I called Michelle back and she seemed genuinely upset about the job the guy did, told me to bring it in in the morning to get it squared away. All this driving back and forth is getting to me.

I dropped the car off this morning, Michelle seemed to be running late and hadn't returned my call yet. The service tech there told me to wait 5-10 minutes and he'd get back to me. He finds me and tells me they will need to take the dash apart again in order to re-install the part and it will take a couple of hours. I was unhappy at this point, but agreed to let them drop me off at work. (Tired of dealing with rental agency, paperwork, etc.)

Got a call back from the tech about half an hour ago, he had left a voicemail stating that the service bulletin is out and they aren't allowed to replace the dash (something they decided to override and do anyways yesterday). He stated that they can no longer work on the car and fix their installation issue claiming the service bulletin as the reason. This pissed me off because the issue is that they installed the part poorly and the issue seen is not correllated w/ dash bubbling but with crap installation. I called Michelle again, voicemail, she seems to be missing in action at the moment. Kind of in this state of flux, really don't want to accept the car back after this poor installation by the dealer only to hope and wait for GM to somehow issue a proper fix on the car down the line.

Real point of post: There still isn't a fix to this solution per GM.
that sucks man. i understand your frustration! i have all but just given up on a fix for this damn issue. It is really sad too, nothing pisses me off more than the dealership saying "well we cant do anything for you".