Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
sswiss3000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Vert, L99
Talking Chevy Dealer Test Drive on Video

Figured I just had to post this.

So I guess I have to clarify a bit more. I am not looking to go bitch or complain about what the mechanic said. Just thought it was funny. (need audio on)

Secondly, I did not bring in my car because of some random noise (possibly caused by the cold). I brought it in because they recently replaced a trim piece and the new part was broken during the install. As such i returned the car to have it replaced again and mentioned at the same time that there was "a creaking noise coming from that part, but i wouldn't worry about it as they have to replace that exact part"anyway.

As for the legality, in Illinois we just had the old eavesdropping law over thrown by the supreme court (ca. 2011). the new law states that you can audio and video tape anyone, as per your constitutional right, as long as he has no reasonable expectation of privacy. Since he was out on public roads in my car and my car has a dash cam (always), there is no such expectation to be had.

Edit: As i don't want to have this get around to my dealership and possible even cause any issues for the mechanic, I removed the video.

Last edited by sswiss3000; 02-19-2015 at 11:33 AM.
sswiss3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Why are we watching this?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
I don't get it
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #4
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
That guy is a douche bag and is the sole reason why I don't go to dealers. But you're not allowed to record someone(video or audio) without their direct verbal or written consent(check your state law but thats true almost everywhere in the US), so if you were to present this to GM, you are in the wrong legally. So I would advise against it. However, if you brought it up in passing and never showed them the video Id be interested to see their reaction.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #5
beasstmode

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Another waste of a ro written for a "noise".. I love getting these kind of tickets to just completely f@$k my day up
beasstmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
...?
Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #7
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Why are we watching this?
Old 02-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #8
beasstmode

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
What I like getting even more is a ro that's written.. customer states suspension noise when it's below 35° if it's been sitting for 34 hours, backing out of driveway Turing left and the sun has to be behind a cloud to your right with the right rear window cracked open 1/4 of a inch.. LOVE THESE TICKETS
beasstmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #9
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasstmode View Post
What I like getting even more is a ro that's written.. customer states suspension noise when it's below 35° if it's been sitting for 34 hours, backing out of driveway Turing left and the sun has to be behind a cloud to your right with the right rear window cracked open 1/4 of a inch.. LOVE THESE TICKETS
LOL. I bet that can be annoying, I bet people come in with silly crap like that all the time. I also roll my eyes when a customer comes in with their phone and they hear a rattle in their perfectly functioning phone.

But you know what, In the end I stand by my product and I fix it. They weren't a "waste of time" when they were dropping close to 35k on that car were they? Not targeting you in any way brotha, just that ideology. As annoying as customers can be. They paid and we promised them the world, in order to get them to buy. So we got to pay the piper ourselves. I'm a small business owner, so I'm not just talking out of my ass and kinda just dittoing your devils advocacy.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #10
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
So is the dealer driving in the video or customer?
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:03 AM   #11
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
So is the dealer driving in the video or customer?
Thats the dealer mechanic talking shit about the customer, the OP. The OP needs to edit his post to reflect that maybe.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #12
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
That guy is a douche bag and is the sole reason why I don't go to dealers. But you're not allowed to record someone(video or audio) without their direct verbal or written consent(check your state law but thats true almost everywhere in the US), so if you were to present this to GM, you are in the wrong legally. So I would advise against it. However, if you brought it up in passing and never showed them the video Id be interested to see their reaction.
In Georgia, I can record you without your permission if you are talking to me either in person or on the phone. I can then use it in court if i need to. Not sure about other states, but thats the fact here. As far as this video, I would not worry about sending it to GM, but I damn sure would show it to the service manager.

Last edited by gajagfan; 02-19-2015 at 11:33 AM.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #13
sswiss3000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Vert, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Thats the dealer mechanic talking shit about the customer, the OP. The OP needs to edit his post to reflect that maybe.

thanks for the hint. I posted it very quickly and forgot to add some of the details to make sense of it
Old 02-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #14
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
In Georgia, I can record you without your permission if you are talking to me either in person or on the phone. I can then use it in court if i need to. Not sure about other states, but thats the fact here.
Yeah i figured some states were like that. But he wasn't talking in person or on the phone. He recorded video/audio. I just know of a situation on the news which this became a big deal. Looking out for a c5 friend.

Edit: Just saw your re edit of the OP.