Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #15
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I've always been a car guy, ever since I was little. When my daughter was 4.5, I traded in my Grand Prix GTP for my Camaro. She was just starting to get to go to car shows and things with me, and with the Camaro, she went to everything with me.

I got to spend almost 4 years of Camaro events and shows and cruising with my little girl. It was her "race car" and all the people at her school/YMCA knew when Daddy was coming to pick her up. She made many friends with her smile and her laughter.

She passed away in November due to cancer. I had about 50 car people show up to her funeral. To say it changed my life would be correct. It gave me something I can never forget, and it left me with a car that I can escape in when I'm having a rough day.

It wouldnt have mattered if it was a Pinto or a Camaro, but I'm glad it was a Camaro. They have always been my favorite car, even as a child.
Thank you for that story, and you have my sympathy for your loss.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:33 AM   #16
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
I was never a car guy or that into cars until I needed a new one. I started by looking at all the cars that were offering 0% financing and then I saw my baby!!! I fell in love with Camaros and have been modding mine out since the day I got it. I was about 30 years old when this happened. It seems like most people get into cars in the teen years ... but not me. Buying a Camaro turned me into a "car guy" lol. I love all my brothers/sisters on Camaro5 as well!!! Everyone is so helpful!
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #17
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
I've always been a car guy, ever since I was little. When my daughter was 4.5, I traded in my Grand Prix GTP for my Camaro. She was just starting to get to go to car shows and things with me, and with the Camaro, she went to everything with me.

I got to spend almost 4 years of Camaro events and shows and cruising with my little girl. It was her "race car" and all the people at her school/YMCA knew when Daddy was coming to pick her up. She made many friends with her smile and her laughter.

She passed away in November due to cancer. I had about 50 car people show up to her funeral. To say it changed my life would be correct. It gave me something I can never forget, and it left me with a car that I can escape in when I'm having a rough day.

It wouldnt have mattered if it was a Pinto or a Camaro, but I'm glad it was a Camaro. They have always been my favorite car, even as a child.

So sorry for your loss. I am happy to hear that the car will give you a continued connection to your daughter and thus, some comfort.

I have always owned Camaros and am fortunate that every generation has given me true friendships. Having said that, no other generation comes close to providing me with so many life-long and close friends.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #18
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Thanks everyone for your kind words, this is why the car community will always be the best group of men and women around.

All I can truly say is always get your children involved in what you do, it makes it so much more rewarding and enjoyable. The memories I have of her make the hard days easier...
Old 02-17-2015, 11:47 AM   #19
tonysplanb

Drives: 2014 1SS
I learned how to park a car in a garage and not use it for 4 months.
tonysplanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #20
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
Buying my Z/28, gives me the ability to get out from under working on older cars. Building a car takes more time then I currently have right now. I can now go and do what I have been dreaming of doing for a decade. Plus by selling off everything for the 3 older cars, I get two parking spots and my garage back. Not to mention a very happy wife. Total win.
If I had the money I'd be building a custom 1934 ford 3 window with Hemi or big block chevy stuffed in it. I still prefer doing things myself in my own vision.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #21
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I walk a lot more from the far, empty corners of parking lots.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #22
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysplanb View Post
I learned how to park a car in a garage and not use it for 4 months.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #23
Splitter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
I walk a lot more from the far, empty corners of parking lots.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:10 PM   #24
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:

Wow, as someone with a 2-1/2 year old daughter, I know there aren't even words I can say that would touch how truly sorry I am to hear about your loss. I can't even fathom that kind of pain. Your daughter is in a better place, that is one thing I know to be true. Thoughts and prayers sent your way sir.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #25
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Has your Camaro changed your life in any way?

I know mine has. I bought my car back in December and at that time, I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes per day. Yes, I did smoke in my car, but I hated seeing the ashes all over the door (used to flick ashes out the window) and I didn't want the new car smell to go away.... so...

I gave up the cigarettes on January 1st because of my car. Now I have an extra $360 per month to spend on mods! Cigarette money paid for my new splitter...
Good work! I think it's been about 14 years for me. Your body will thank you too!
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #26
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
It's made a definite impact on my bank account lol.
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #27
Splitter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle@ridetech.com View Post
It's made a definite impact on my bank account lol.
+1
Old 02-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #28
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:

Wow. My little girl is the best thing that ever happened to me and she loves the Camaro. I can't even imagine it. So sorry.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote