Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2015, 07:05 PM   #43
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Yes... yes... and yes... 3 times over, so far...

I've owned 3 Camaro's including this one. My first was 95 Z28... when I lost that one, it was soul crushing. I wont get into the story, but needless to say, until I got my next one, a 99 Z28, my priorities were straightened out for the better I feel now with all my heart.

From between when I had my '99 and what I have now, I learned more than I could ever possibly imagine about me and life... that '99 was a cruiser, but I had to let it go. It was much less painful than before. This loss also helped show me how I've changed.

Finally, its been over half a decade and today I am at peace with myself, the world, and of course, the Camaro. I continue to work on it and make it just a little bit more mine every day. My heart is in the right place, I feel, that if I should lose it one day - its probably for another one of life's grand lessons. Its been a roller coaster, for sure and the Camaro has been a large part of it all... interesting to see me write that, lol.

I've still got much to enjoy 'round these parts we call earth... a little while longer, so maybe I'll own and see more Camaro's grace my path...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #44
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
I check the weather about 3000% more often than I used to.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 PM   #45
bluebonn
Texas

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle@ridetech.com View Post
It's made a definite impact on my bank account lol.
Same here I seem to find extra money to buy something new for my car. Should have been like this with my wife and I would still be married

My kids are now calling me daily to pick them up from school on the way home from work. They never did this when I had my Honda
Old 02-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #46
SSCam99

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I've always been a car guy, ever since I was little. When my daughter was 4.5, I traded in my Grand Prix GTP for my Camaro. She was just starting to get to go to car shows and things with me, and with the Camaro, she went to everything with me.

I got to spend almost 4 years of Camaro events and shows and cruising with my little girl. It was her "race car" and all the people at her school/YMCA knew when Daddy was coming to pick her up. She made many friends with her smile and her laughter.

She passed away in November due to cancer. I had about 50 car people show up to her funeral. To say it changed my life would be correct. It gave me something I can never forget, and it left me with a car that I can escape in when I'm having a rough day.

It wouldnt have mattered if it was a Pinto or a Camaro, but I'm glad it was a Camaro. They have always been my favorite car, even as a child.
As the father of four daughters, your story went straight to my heart. I cannot begin to imagine your pain. I am sorry for your loss.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:06 PM   #47
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
I check the weather about 3000% more often than I used to.
OMG...so true. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #48
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
I met a lot of new friends in my Camaro that I wouldn't have otherwise.

I even met someone special along the way She wouldn't have come about without the Camaro getting me into what it does.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:13 PM   #49
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I just quit, been 10 years of that crap.

Congrats on the new found funds, Im about to celebrate by supercharging mine...

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:17 PM   #50
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
The '01 I had was my first car.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:30 PM   #51
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Quote:
I've always been a car guy, ever since I was little. When my daughter was 4.5, I traded in my Grand Prix GTP for my Camaro. She was just starting to get to go to car shows and things with me, and with the Camaro, she went to everything with me.

I got to spend almost 4 years of Camaro events and shows and cruising with my little girl. It was her "race car" and all the people at her school/YMCA knew when Daddy was coming to pick her up. She made many friends with her smile and her laughter.

She passed away in November due to cancer. I had about 50 car people show up to her funeral. To say it changed my life would be correct. It gave me something I can never forget, and it left me with a car that I can escape in when I'm having a rough day.

It wouldnt have mattered if it was a Pinto or a Camaro, but I'm glad it was a Camaro. They have always been my favorite car, even as a child.
Good God, my heart goes out to you and your family. Stories like yours are what change a car into something that trancsends being "just a car". I hope you have brighter days ahead.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #52
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:

As the father of 4, I can't even begin to imagine the depth of your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #53
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Thanks everyone, this is why being a car person can be a wonderful thing...
Old 02-18-2015, 10:35 AM   #54
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Has your Camaro changed your life in any way?

I know mine has. I bought my car back in December and at that time, I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes per day. Yes, I did smoke in my car, but I hated seeing the ashes all over the door (used to flick ashes out the window) and I didn't want the new car smell to go away.... so...

I gave up the cigarettes on January 1st because of my car. Now I have an extra $360 per month to spend on mods! Cigarette money paid for my new splitter...
That's awesome!!!!! My car has definitely changed my life! I have met so many new people at car meets/cruises that are now my friends!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #55
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAZ1990 View Post
That's awesome!!!!! My car has definitely changed my life! I have met so many new people at car meets/cruises that are now my friends!
That's definetly on my list of things to do! Ruby invited me to join a Camaro car club and I plan on attending some events this year. I will also try to make it to Camaro Fest down in Bowling Green. Hope to meet new people and make a lot of friends!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #56
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
That's definetly on my list of things to do! Ruby invited me to join a Camaro car club and I plan on attending some events this year. I will also try to make it to Camaro Fest down in Bowling Green. Hope to meet new people and make a lot of friends!
You should! I have a very good friend of mine who lives in Kentucky, near Cincinnati, and he has driven all the way to Indiana for a few events. I've made some pretty awesome friends over the years through cars, and you will enjoy the fun!

You absolutely have to make it to Camarofest....it is a crazy, crazy, crazy, but fun, place to be!