Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Speed Cameras...Know Your Enemy

Found a website that lists red light cameras and speed cameras for each US city and state. Check your city to make sure they don't have any speed cameras. If they do...please shoot it.

http://www.iihs.org/research/topics/...ce_cities.html

Communities using SPEED CAMERAS
as of September 2008

Number of individual communities with programs: 45 (In addition to the listed local jurisdictions, Arizona also uses speed cameras on state roads and Illinois uses speed cameras statewide in work zones.)

Arizona

Arizona Department of Public Safety

Chandler

Mesa

Paradise Valley

Phoenix

Pinal County

Prescott Valley

Scottsdale

Star Valley

Tempe

Tucson

Colorado

Boulder

Denver

Fort Collins

District of Columbia

Illinois

statewide work zones

Iowa

Davenport

Louisiana

Broussard

Gretna

Lafayette

Livingston Parish

Sulphur

Westwego

Zachary

Maryland

Montgomery County

Massachusetts

Blackstone

New Mexico

Albuquerque

Las Cruces

Ohio

Akron

East Cleveland

Northwood

Toledo

West Carrollton

Oregon

Beaverton

Medford

Portland

Tennessee

Chattanooga

Jackson

Jonesborough

Mount Carmel

Oak Ridge

Red Bank

Selmer

Washington

Bremerton

Burien

Monroe

Tacoma
Old 11-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
I got nailed one time by a speed camera van in Tempe, AZ. Tempe Police have an Astro van that they move around to different locations around the city.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
They have one here in Baton Rouge that catches people flying by in the right lane because an the stop light its 2 lanes but 20ft pass the light is one lane so they get caught speeding to get ahead in the single lane...
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
SimC33

The link is not working for me btw...

EDIT: Its working
Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
And if you see anyone shooting at the red light cameras, please call 911 immediately giving police the make, model, color, and license plate # of the vehicle that just broke the law. We'd like to find the owner of that stray bullet that misses the camera (or ricochets) hitting that innocent 2 year old playing in the front yard of their home with mom and dad a few blocks away.

Better yet, don't shoot at the camera and just don't run the light.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
SimC33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
And if you see anyone shooting at the red light cameras, please call 911 immediately giving police the make, model, color, and license plate # of the vehicle that just broke the law. We'd like to find the owner of that stray bullet that misses the camera (or ricochets) hitting that innocent 2 year old playing in the front yard of their home with mom and dad a few blocks away.

May I run the light if I know its a LOOONNNNNNGGGG yellow?

lol j/k I will obey
Old 11-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:

We don't want any violence. Someone innocent could get hurt.

Just climb up there and put a piece of paper over it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #8
1_2Many

Quote:

2 things.....first off you don't "run" a speeding camera, you just go about your daily routine and get a ticket in the mail. It's simply a cash cow with no regard for slowing people...black and white cars do a better job at that.

Second off, I was kidding about shooting the cameras, but hopefully you can understand my frustration with them. If not, then I suggest reading the book 1984 and let me know if that's what you want for this country.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
2 things.....first off you don't "run" a speeding camera, you just go about your daily routine and get a ticket in the mail. It's simply a cash cow with no regard for slowing people...black and white cars do a better job at that.

Second off, I was kidding about shooting the cameras, but hopefully you can understand my frustration with them. If not, then I suggest reading the book 1984 and let me know if that's what you want for this country.
I don't like the idea of the law being enforced by camera without human judgement being considered. Many officers of the law are reasonable people that can tell the difference between someone who crossed the line by an inch and didn't really deserve a ticket.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #10
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
I’d like to see some cameras to send people tickets for blocking intersections, but the rest seem to make driving significantly less safe.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
May I run the light if I know its a LOOONNNNNNGGGG yellow?
lol j/k I will obey

As long as you enter on a yellow and don't block the intersection, you will be fine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
We don't want any violence. Someone innocent could get hurt.

Just climb up there and put a piece of paper over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post

I know you were kidding. I know you guys wouldn't do that.
And I didn't say "run" a speeding camera. I said "just don't run the light."
Sorry...I know you were kidding, but I jumped in there like this policeman always does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't like the idea of the law being enforced by camera without human judgement being considered. Many officers of the law are reasonable people that can tell the difference between someone who crossed the line by an inch and didn't really deserve a ticket.
That's right!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #12
1_2Many

Totally random here, but man I feel really bad I broke my friends rib last night at the bowling alley. We were just horseplaying, but I still feel really bad not sure what to do. :(
Old 11-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #13
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Tell him to rub some dirt on it and quit whining.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #14
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Quote:

As long as you enter on a yellow and don't block the intersection, you will be fine!

That's right!
I actually got a ticket for running a red light, I entered the intersection the light was yellow, and it was still yellow as it dissappeared from my sight, but the cop said it turned red before I was completely through the intersection, so he gave me a ticket. It was a judgment call on my part to go through since I was following a truck, and my 7000 lb beast does not stop on a dime, and no I was not following the truck to close.
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote