Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Deleted

Deleted

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 03-06-2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Deleted
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
InvaderMoose

Here's the piece that was left over. If anyone knows what in the world this is, that'd be really great.

Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
Old 03-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
I just got my Cold Air Inductions put on today, along with the ADM Intake Scoop.

That install was so awful, but maybe it's just cause I'm an idiot. I didn't have any jacks, so I had to work around the wheels and the wheelwell to get the front end of the car off (took about an hour), after that I realized I had to remove the washer bottle and didn't have the ADM replacement, so right now I'm washer-fluidless. The bottle was easy to remove, and the Scoop was easy to put in, but god that air break was impossible to cut correctly. (hacksaw user)

It took me about 3 whole hours to get all this done, mainly because I had no jacks and no dremel to easily cut the air break.

Once I put the front end back on the car, I had one piece left over, a pushpin(no where to put it, really weird) and was missing a screw that holds the fascia together. Awesome. The piece that was left over I have NEVER seen before, I don't even know if it's from the Camaro, but it sure is a weird coincidence.

So it got installed, but now I have to go to tractor supply and buy a new screw, along with a wash bottle replacement and get that in there.

Just my experience.

EDIT: Oh, and as driving it, I haven't gotten to that yet as it's 9PM. I'll edit this tomorrow.
The only idiot part about it was not going and getting a jack. Jacking it up, removing the wheel, and wheel well is the best way to do it. Using a hack saw will work but definatley not as easy as using a dremel tool. You cut down a tree using a hand saw instead of a chain saw.....

Removing the front bumper is pretty easy as well but more involved than going through the wheel well.

I did the whole ADM scoop install + finished up my washer bottle install in about 1.5 hrs taking my time.

The worst part about you doing it the way you did is the frustration level it caused you. Instead of have a good experience with the scoop you'll always have an annamocity towards it now. Just know you took the hardest and most time consuming route to do this install.

You should look at getting Roto-Fabs new washer bottle. It's the best looking one out there. I made my own for about $20 which works and looks good but the R-F one looks factory.

Do a search on washer bottle on this sub-forum. I had started a thread for peeople to post up there different ways of making a fwahser bottle.

Quote:
Here's the piece that was left over. If anyone knows what in the world this is, that'd be really great.

That bolt doesn't look familiar. I'm 95% sure that one was not part are what you took off. The only place I can think it might have come from might have been off the factory washer bottle where it bolted to the frame.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
InvaderMoose

Well, That's definitely reassuring. I just ordered the ADM washer hbottle, since I think every washer bottle is ugly, may as well just get that one.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
HAHA dude you made that way harder than it should have been.........sorry
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
InvaderMoose

Yeahh.. I know.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
caverman

Quote:
Well, That's definitely reassuring. I just ordered the ADM washer hbottle, since I think every washer bottle is ugly, may as well just get that one.
I haven't see the one he has but I think it is Roto-Fab's.....or one like it. Don't quote me on that though.

When you get it post up your pics of it. Courious to see what it looks like.

Hang on to that bolt because if it's the one I'm thinking of you'll need it to bolt the clamp that holds the washer bottle pump to the frame.

Do a search for Roto-Fab's washer bottle. They have a thread showing all the parts and how to install. Even if the ADM washer bottle is not the R-F one you can familiarize your self with the install process.

This time find a jack, remove the wheel, and wheel well if you can. At minimum losen the front part of the fender well.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
I don't know. I removed my front bumper with the tires on and can do it pretty fast now. I rotate the tires one way and can get to all of the bolts then the other for the last of the bolts etc. I then slide the cover back and can get to the bolts for the bumper with an extension. You did well.....I really don't think you have to remove the tires at least I didn't!!!! AND I'm pretty fast at it now!
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
I don't know. I removed my front bumper with the tires on and can do it pretty fast now. I rotate the tires one way and can get to all of the bolts then the other for the last of the bolts etc. I then slide the cover back and can get to the bolts for the bumper with an extension. You did well.....I really don't think you have to remove the tires at least I didn't!!!! AND I'm pretty fast at it now!
I agree the bumper comes off pretty easy. I did it to change out my headlights and it was pretty easy. However if you saw how easy it is to go through the fender well I bet you would agree it's the way to go when doing this mod.

I've taken off the front bumper as well as removing for the fender well and from my experience going through the fender well for this mod is much easier.

I will say that if you did take off the front bumper it will make the cutting for the plastic for the scoop a little easier and with a straighter cut. The cut doesn't have to be perfect though because the scoop sits on top of the cut.
Build Journal
Old 03-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #10
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Quote:

I know where that comes from. just below the side markers there is a screw on both sides. really annoying to get back in because you can't see the hole you just have to play around until you hit it
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
the ADM is awesome.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
I know where that comes from. just below the side markers there is a screw on both sides. really annoying to get back in because you can't see the hole you just have to play around until you hit it
That's weird though, because I checked and the other side doesn't have it?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
its on both sides, if you stick your hand in the wheel well and pull on the panel it should separate.
Attached Images

trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #14
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
thats not the horn bolt that gets replaced by the longer one in the adm scoop kit?