Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Clutch gone?

I've read alot of stories about the V6 clutches sticking and had experienced it a couple of times but nothing too serious......until tonight.

Driving home I hammered it from 3rd to 4th and although the gears engaged the clutch had stuck to the floor and I was accelerating heavy with the clutch in, it eventually released and my back wheels spun (thankfully had my nannies on so I didn't lose the back end. Anyway I eventually got to the point that I needed to slow down to a stop and then had a bit of trouble engaging first and then the car was shaking as I pulled off, moving to 2nd and the other gears was ok (no problem with engaging or shaking) but clutch feels pretty soft now.

Any ideas?

I have booked it in for a service first thing tomorrow and it is still covered under warranty - Will I be ok to drive it there or should I get it towed?

I'll report back with the findings.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
BigCarrot
xbox: this is tedious

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Camaro IOM
Well if your clutch is gone I doubt it will be under warranty.

Not an expert on whether or not you have to have it towed or not.
Seems like just yesterday I spent $450 for a Roto Fab CAI!!! What the hell happened.
BigCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Don't think it has gone completely, sounds like the pressure plate bolts being loose, either way though the dealer indicated warranty would cover it (I'm still under 36k miles), will find out soon enough for sure.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I hope everything goes well for you GoPaul. Keep us up on this.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I hope everything goes well for you GoPaul. Keep us up on this.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
thanks for the well wishes and also for checking in on this.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Dealer couldn't get to it yesterday as they were too busy but got a call today.............

I trashed the clutch, fly wheel and pressure plate - they all need replacing.

Good news is they will cover it - he seemed to lay it on saying that they'd cover it this time but if I had a similar issue in the future they wouldn't be able to.

I'm guessing the pressure plate not being torqued correctly in the first place could be argued as being the cause this time so they will correct it now meaning that argument could not be used next time around?

Anyway good news and just reconfirms to me that I need to upgrade to an SS auto sooner rather than later......
Old 02-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Got her back last night, clutch feels great. Oh and zero charge