Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #99
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
A correlation only a butthurt V6 owner would make.

Going from a Charger R/T down to a LS Camaro is a downgrade no matter how you look at it.
and why is that? Isn't the point that having a camaro, no matter what the model, is what's important? He loved the LS before, and he would love it again. Does it make it better if it is a V8 over a V6, a convertible over a coupe? You get what you like, that applies to any vehicle, which is what the OP is talking about. He does not like the current car, so he wants to go back to the Camaro...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #100
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
and why is that? Isn't the point that having a camaro, no matter what the model, is what's important? He loved the LS before, and he would love it again. Does it make it better if it is a V8 over a V6, a convertible over a coupe? You get what you like, that applies to any vehicle, which is what the OP is talking about. He does not like the current car, so he wants to go back to the Camaro...

Couldn't agree more.. many of us chose the v6 for a reason.. I'd defend my choice, but why would I be butthurt? If I wanted to track it I'll just open up storage and pull out my elco with a 383 stroker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #101
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Not necessarily a Camaro guy, but I'd rather have a V8 anything over a six just about any day. I do like the looks of the Camaro over the Charger though. A Challenger, now that's a different story. Don't really care for the latest Mustang.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #102
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
Should move this post to charger forum...trader
Do you mean traitor, or are you actually calling him a trader since he traded a car?
Old 07-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #103
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Spend a little time in meditation, marvelling upon the vast array of cars that you did NOT trade you Camaro for... should make you feel better...
Prius
SmartCar (I STILL can't not laugh when I see one)
Civic
Corolla
Mustang
a station wagon
Explorer
Durango (what the? They turned into minivans!)
Nissan NV (another can't- stop- the- laughter vehicle)
My '82 Berlinetta

... and so forth. Add to the list at will. Feel better.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #104
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
Well to tell you the truth I really got tired of to having that much space in my Camaro and thought that going with a four door would make it better. The Charger is a great car don't get me wrong but I don't have any kids and I can barely park the big ass car. i also felt that the Camaro drove a little bit better around the turns and around town. I do mostly city driving and the gas in the Charger is eating me alive. Now the Charger does have a lot more power of the line but when it goes in to the Eco mode it really feels like the engine is braking for me. When I went back to see about getting my Camaro back for the price I paid for it they wanted to sell the Car for the same price that I am paying a month for the Charger. They thought I was insane the salesmen even walked out in the middle of the conversation and never came back. i now officially hate car salesmen!! I know I got a great deal on the Charger but lord they only wanted to give me $24,000 for it.
They offered to give you $24K on a car you paid $25K for several weeks ago?

Um, not to sound like an ass but the reason they thought you were insane is because you're acting it.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #105
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post

Um, not to sound like an ass but the reason they thought you were insane is because you're acting it.

The funny part of the whole thing, is that you could trade the Charger back, finance the $19,900 plus the $1,000 difference in the trade, so you would end up financing almost $21,000 for a car that you only owed around $7,000 just a few weeks ago...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 07-01-2014, 03:12 PM   #106
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post

Well you have successfully made yourself sound like an ass!!!! Hey if you thought that your old car was more to you than just a car you would feel the same way. That Camaro is not just a car to me but I will not get raped over the price. Thank you so much for your unneeded response.
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #107
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
They thought I was insane the salesmen even walked out in the middle of the conversation and never came back. i now officially hate car salesmen!! I know I got a great deal on the Charger but lord they only wanted to give me $24,000 for it.
So you hate car salesmen now? The dealership is a business and spent time on the transaction and don't want to lose money because you changed your mind on a car you already made a contract for? How is this the car salesmen fault? They don't even make those decisions, the manager does. And why should they lose time and money because you made a decision you now regret? Typically mistakes and changing your mind costs money when it comes to these types of situations, so your options are either pay up and learn a lesson or be happy with the Charger and save the money. I guess I don't understand your frustration with the dealer, maybe I'm missing something.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #108
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
Well you have successfully made yourself sound like an ass!!!! Hey if you thought that your old car was more to you than just a car you would feel the same way. That Camaro is not just a car to me but I will not get raped over the price. Thank you so much for your unneeded response.
I think he was wondering why you didn't jump at the offer? $1,000 difference in the cost for a few weeks? Usually you would take a larger hit on value than that, I would have thought $5,000 easily..

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

Old 07-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #109
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
I think he was wondering why you didn't jump at the offer? $1,000 difference in the cost for a few weeks? Usually you would take a larger hit on value than that, I would have thought $5,000 easily..

They are being nice and barely covering all of their time at $1k. If you really loved the car that much I would take that with a smile.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #110
Rip

Quote:

And you're complaining that they won't just "undo" a deal that they have spent time and money on themselves. Dude, you're not being at all realistic. If it meant so much to you why the hell did you trade it in in the first place??

If your response to me was any indication of how you've acted to them in person I'm surprised they still allow you on the lot.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #111
Rip

Quote:

This ^

It sounds to me like they have been more than reasonable and that OP just wants something for nothing. I'm sorry but allowing $16K in trade for a 4 year old LS and selling him a brand new R/T for $25K sounds like a damned fine deal to me.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #112
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
If you are not happy with the charger you might as well get rid of it now. Life is short