Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
DREV LSX

Drives: Its the Millenium Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
where did u buy the TB?
They picked it up from us. PM us to order one.
DREV LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #16
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
Installed the Throttle body from Johnny feels like a whole new car! Love it great product easy install and great service. Thanks DREV LSX
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #17
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Got mine on in about 15 min, great addition. I sent the core to the address in package, should be there by monday. Props to you guys
Old 10-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #18
DREV LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
Got mine on in about 15 min, great addition. I sent the core to the address in package, should be there by monday. Props to you guys
Thanks bud! We are glad that you guys are very happy with the VMAX CNC Ported TBs!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #19
DREV LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
Installed the Throttle body from Johnny feels like a whole new car! Love it great product easy install and great service. Thanks DREV LSX
You are very welcome bud!!! Glad you are happy with it and that you had a good experience installing it.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #20
jmiele

Drives: RIP
If one does this without removing the battery and the CEL shows up along with Service Stabilitrak how does one go about clearing this?
jmiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #21
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiele View Post
If one does this without removing the battery and the CEL shows up along with Service Stabilitrak how does one go about clearing this?
Did you install this and get a CEL? I have been considering doing this mod, but I'm worried about getting a CEL all the time like when I had a K&N cold air intake for it giving "too much air" to my engine. Now I have a Vararam. Thinking I may be going too far with the TB.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #22
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREV LSX View Post
You are very welcome Mamba! you should have it for the weekend.
Did you guys ever receive my core
Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #23
jmiele

Drives: RIP
Yeah I got a CEL and the Service Stabilitrak. Disconnected battery over night and it's gone.
jmiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #24
mypuppysirius

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey V6
This is an awesome write up. Now come the stupid question from a new guy who just got his first "fun" car and wants to get into all this....

haha, k. Can you describe what the VMAX CNC TB will do for our cars? Gains? purpose? What's different from the stock one?

It is the TB so i'm assuming that it will help with peddle response, but more details about how this will benefit us would be awesome.

Thanks again for the write up and your time.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #25
DREV LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypuppysirius View Post
This is an awesome write up. Now come the stupid question from a new guy who just got his first "fun" car and wants to get into all this....

haha, k. Can you describe what the VMAX CNC TB will do for our cars? Gains? purpose? What's different from the stock one?

It is the TB so i'm assuming that it will help with peddle response, but more details about how this will benefit us would be awesome.

Thanks again for the write up and your time.
My father once told me that the only stupid question there is, is the one not asked. lol.......

So you want to know what makes the VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body what it will do for your car? Gains? Purpose?

First, it improves your throttle response and eliminates that "dead spot" in the throttle during accelaration. Also improving the overall driveability of the car.

Second, you pick up on the average between 6-8 RWHP and between 8-12 RWTQ. After the CNC porting airflow is increased, and the engine can use it to increase TQ and HP.

Third, The purpose of this Mod. To GO FAST!!!! The stock TB is cut on the CNC machine and smoothed to improve accelaration of the incoming air and to keep its velocity to give you that crisp clean tip in throttle response.

I hope this answered all your questions. No go out and get one for your Camaro!!! You are very welcome for the write up. We hope that it helps all the DIYers on this forum.

Last edited by DREV LSX; 10-30-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #26
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
What about doing this on the 2012 model v6? Is it possible yet?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #27
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Can I get a quote?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #28
DREV LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
What about doing this on the 2012 model v6? Is it possible yet?
It is being worked on as we speak!!! We will let you know as soon as we know they are ready!!!

Tags
cnc ported tb