Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #351
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)

Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
Quote:
I actually had to pay for it myself, my dad wasn't going to help me get it, but it is payed off and for that I'm greatful
What exactly are you doing at 18 to have already paid off a 2013 ZL1? Apparently college with two degrees and a CPA license was a waste of my time....
OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #352
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK2DRUL View Post
What exactly are you doing at 18 to have already paid off a 2013 ZL1? Apparently college with two degrees and a CPA license was a waste of my time....
Do what I do....don't believe a word of it....not only is he driving a zl1..he's eating at high end restaurants with valet parking. HHmmm all at 18...

Last edited by rontammy0; 01-10-2014 at 10:46 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #353
zizzle

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Two months after buying mine, the SO is in Starbucks while I'm sitting outside looking in the window of a parked SS on display, I overhear a guy scream "GET A MUSTANG".

I watched him drive off in a Ford Windstar.
zizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #354
hercamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS Red w/black
Recently I have heard...."Your husband lets you drive his car?" and my favorite is always, "it must be an automatic..." Ummmm??? No and No

I do like to watch people trying to figure out my plates.....Most think I am a redneck who can't spell. Living in Cowboys county, I wanted a plate that only a true MN Vikings fan would get....and they do!
hercamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #355
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM30G View Post
For me, the one and, only snide comment came just after i purchased my 2013 ZL1 in July.....
I had a commitment too attend an event 750 miles away in Kansas and, what better way to put the required break in miles on the motor and, do it in style?

*Roadtrip!*

I had'nt been there very long when the owner of a new Challenger R/T decided to "introduce" himself and, make several ill placed comments about the fit/finish, quality of metal used in the construction and, general performance of my vehicle....

He was told to walk away.....now.....

Later on a good friend of mine passed on too him that when/if he ever decided to head east too Indiana....maybe to attend an event that "I" was the club president for and, sponsored.

He might....
1. Not want to re-introduce himself.
2. Do not ask me why i traded in my new SRT8 Challenger for this car.
3. Do not ask to follow me home to see my personal collection of Big Block, Multi-carb, Extremely Rare, Fully restored (by my hands) 60's/70's MOPARS......
4. Stay away.

I still consider myself to be a true Moparman but, 27 years ago i sold an original 69 Z/28 that i've always missed.....This new ZL1 brought back alot of great memories and, reopened my eyes to what a modern muscle can do to make you feel 18 all over again.

Some people will never understand. The SRT8 was fun...this is alot more.....
Great post. My favorite Mopars were the 60's and early 70's Dodge Chargers, Plymouth Cudas and Roadrunners.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #356
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Do what I do....don't believe a word of it....not only is he driving a zl1..he's eating at high end restaurants with valet parking. HHmmm all at 18...
Could be YouTube money, app programming, inheritance....

It's really not that hard to believe.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #357
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
The only time I ever get negative feedback is if someone asks if it's a 6 or 8, to which I've learned to respond "if you can't tell why does it matter".. This is by no means a hit on v8 guys I would love to have one just not reasonable for me.
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #358
maxx210

Drives: EVERYTHING BLACK 1SS/RS
A girl I work with, her boyfriend, now husband has an '05 GTO or something like that that he bought used. When he heard that I had bought my ss, he immediately went online and started looking at the specs of his gto compared to the ss. He stated," You have a little more power than me, but I can beat you." I just respond, "Okay, cool. What all does your gto have on it?" He responds, "I don't know." The car definately doesn't sound stock is what I am thinking. And, he doesn't know or just doesn't want to say. So, I start lightly modding mine. Catback, cai, ported Tb. I just happen to blow past his wife in her car a couple months ago. She says, "Wow your Camaro sounds mean. It's impressive!" Retrochambered cb, thanks again Chase. She tells her husband apparently. He comes to my work the next day telling me he just ordered a turbo for his gto. "It was an offer he couldn't refuse." I say, "Cool dude, that will really liven things up." He takes her home that day, so she is waiting to clock out. I say to another guy I work with, "See ya' I'm heading out." Her husband chimes in, "Don't let me catch you on the road." I'm like, "Oook. Later." Now every time I see this guy it is, "I got some new electric fans for my car", or "I just installed some under drive pulleys." It was hilarious at first, now it is getting kind of sad.
maxx210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #359
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM30G View Post
Thank-you Bird....

One thing i've learned over the years is that if you love cars, you LOVE cars.
You may see something that doesn't suit your style or the brand may not be you personal favorite....but, you have to respect the owner for what their vision of beauty is.

We never truly "Own" our cars, we keep them for the next owner...and, so on.....(If of course we don't wreck the dang thing!)

This ZL-1 truly excites me, makes me childish and, occasionally scares the out of me...

It's a fun car for sure! Rolling down the road giving the peace sign...
You ever watch Graveyard Cars on Velocity? Love the cars they work on but can't stand the guys on the show.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #360
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
Very sweet ride. What year is your Challenger, and what's the color?
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #361
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I have new one the other day, a ton of snarky people around here. Anyways have my car under a car cover so this guy asks what it is, I tell him and he goes on to say I don't care about that piece of junk. With a dumb look on my face from the shock of how stupid some people are he goes on to say i would care if it was a truck or could tow. By this point I'm trying to hold myself back from crushing his face, had to pop a few pills from the va to calm down, so I've heard enough I interrupt him and say, weeeeeel with everything I've done to that it has enough torque and horsepower to pull your trailer hard enough it would rip the siding off. Needless to say he got real quiet and walked away.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #362
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
I have new one the other day, a ton of snarky people around here. Anyways have my car under a car cover so this guy asks what it is, I tell him and he goes on to say I don't care about that piece of junk. With a dumb look on my face from the shock of how stupid some people are he goes on to say i would care if it was a truck or could tow. By this point I'm trying to hold myself back from crushing his face, had to pop a few pills from the va to calm down, so I've heard enough I interrupt him and say, weeeeeel with everything I've done to that it has enough torque and horsepower to pull your trailer hard enough it would rip the siding off. Needless to say he got real quiet and walked away.
what kind of a goofball can't tell the difference between a Camaro and a Truck even if it's under a cover?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #363
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jravenfan View Post
what kind of a goofball can't tell the difference between a Camaro and a Truck even if it's under a cover?
He looked very VERY homely let me just state that fact lol.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #364
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
He looked very VERY homely let me just state that fact lol.
He probably looked like his FORD truck.