Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Frid's Journal: '11 VR 2SS/RS LS3

My Build

Attention: All rights reserved. Any and all photos/videos found within this thread may not be copied, edited, reproduced, linked, or displayed in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, optical, or otherwise, without prior written permission from myself. If you wish to use any of the photos/videos found within this thread please contact me.

Thought now would be a good time to start a build thread seeing that a large majority of stuff that I have wanted to do with this car has been done. Still waiting on a few other things and have some other BIG stuff planned in the future as well. Rewind to December 2011. I was currently stationed overseas and with nothing to do after work I'd watch old videos of my buddies and their cars as well as other videos of drag racing, road racing, etc. I had owned a couple of other vehicles before the Camaro, but liked them nowhere as much as I love this car.
First car was a 2001 Cobra. Great car for what it was, but problems kept presenting themselves and I traded in for a 2010 Sierra Ext Cab SLE. I was wanting to go with the show truck look, but after time I got the itch for performance again. You might ask why I didn't get a Mustang again. Well, TBH some of it was peer pressure lol. I have a few friends with 4th gens and every time I had rode in their car, it just seemed much quicker then the 4.6 DOHC modular motor (01s aren't supercharged). Hanging with people with Camaros all of the time got me thinking about test driving the new 5th gen. Once I got in side and punched it on the highway, I fell in love haha. Plus they look much better then the mustangs IMO.
That leads to December 23, 2011. Was home on mid tour leave and took a trip to the dealer to see what I could do. After about 4 hours at the dealership, I was signing papers for my brand new 2011 2SS/RS. One of the happiest days of my life. Here are a few pics of my Cobra, Sierra, and of course the Camaro after it got to its new home

CURRENT MODS:

Performance:

-American Racing 1 7/8" LT headers with HF Cats and X-Pipe
-Borla ATAK axle-back
-C.A.I Inc. Intake
-Moroso Catch Can
-VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
-JRE Scoop
-Lethal Racing 'Night Fury' Cam
-Street Tune by Lethal Racing
-MGW Short Throw Shifter w/ Gripper Knob
-PFADT Trailing Arms
-PFADT Lowering Springs

Cosmetic:

-RPI Style Splitter
-Gloss Black Powder Coated OEM Wheels
-Anvil Spoiler
-GM Strut Tower Brace w/ TPiS Adapter
-VFN COPO Style Hood
-Heritage Grille
-Sparks Restoration SS (black and red) Emblems Front and Rear
-ACS Side Skirts
-Flat Black Trunk Blackout (soon to be gloss black)
-RPI Flat Black Tail Light Bezels (soon to be gloss black)
-Gen5DIY Quad Tip Diffuser with Tips
-Big Worm Graphix Smoked Tail Light Tint
-Flat Black Rally Stripes

FUTURE MODS:

-PAYING THE CAR OFF
-Forgestar CF10s Deep Concave 20x10/20x11, 275/40/20 - 315/35/20 Nitto Invos
-Painted Gloss Black Rally Stripes
-Oracle Ghosted Side Markers
-Engine Dressup Parts
-Mantic Clutch
-DSS 1000 Axels
-PFADT Tie Rods
-PFADT Sub Frame Bushings
-Some sort of F/I with Forged Rotating Assembly
Attached Images

Last edited by Frid; 04-25-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Frid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Looking forward to seeing what you do with your Camaro!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Frid,
Nice collection...I like all of them...Truck is REAL Sweet...VR Camaro is good looking and the Mustang is cool also....

Welcome to the forum....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 04-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Cant wait to see the car once its back from the paint shop with all the new add ons. Going to look sweet!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
Frid

Mods!

First thing to go was that ugly front license plate bracket. I attempted to do it myself and use Bumper Plugs, but the holes were too large, so I took it to my body shop and had them fill the holes and repaint the front end.

It was only a matter of time before I started ordering stuff for my car. Fast forward from December 23rd to May 08th 2012. The day I returned home from overseas. This was what was awaiting for me

-C.A.I Inc Black Powder Coated Intake
-American Racing 1 7/8 LT Headers with HF Cats and Pure Thunder Catback
-JRE Scoop and RotoFab W/W Relocate Kit
-Moroso Catch Can
-RX VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
-MGW STS with Gripper Knob
-PFADT Lowering Springs

Scheduled my appointment with Ron @ Vengeance for the install and dyno tune that following week. Car arrived after the 4hr trip to Vengeance with a whopping 1100 miles on the Odometer

Sorry for the lack of pictures, alot were lost since then or can't be found

End results from Vengeance. Car put down 414rwhp/409rwtq. Definitely was a great drive back home

Dyno Video.
http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Th...a/018.mp4.html

Next up: TINTS! Man, did this car need them lol. Tinting was done at Solar Solutions in Lexington. 27% (legal) on all glass except windshield. Loved the new look!

Again, sorry for the lack of pics and the size

Last edited by Frid; 04-19-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
Frid

Next, I wanted to be able to put the new power to the wheels so I got me a set of PFADT Trailing Arms and installed them with my buddy. Install was pretty straight forward. Hardest part was removing the stock bushings. DIY threads really come in handy on this forum. Wheel hop after these seems to almost disappear completely at the track. Still a little bit of hop going into second, but all in all a great part to invest in.

After that, I wanted to do some cosmetic mods to stand out from the crowd
-Flat Black tail light bezels from RPI
-Smoked tail light tint from Big Worm Graphix
-Flat Black trunk black-out
-Sparks Restorations SS emblems

Really liked how this was looking. Subtle but awesome

Last edited by Frid; 04-19-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
Frid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Looking forward to seeing what you do with your Camaro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Frid,
Nice collection...I like all of them...Truck is REAL Sweet...VR Camaro is good looking and the Mustang is cool also....

Welcome to the forum....

Kurt ABL99...
Thanks Kurt. The truck won me a few trophies, but really missed my Mustang after awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
Cant wait to see the car once its back from the paint shop with all the new add ons. Going to look sweet!

It gets started on tomorrow
Old 04-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
It's about time...Looking good man. =)
Old 04-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
Frid

Shortly after, I decided I wanted to be louder....MUCH LOUDER. So I placed an order from Phastek for the Borla ATAK axle-back. Sounded much better to me after that. Don't get me wrong, the Pure Thunder mufflers from ARH are great, but weren't as loud as I was hoping.

Roughly a week or so went by and I came across a thread of someone doing a quad exhaust set up. This was before the '13 and dual mode option came out and I was sold. Did a little researching, and found that Ofer (2SSRS) was selling a custom made diffuser made from the OEM one. Got the order placed and it was shipped right before CF3 kicked off. Hands down one of my favorite mods on this car. Makes the rear end look so much more aggressive. It was a while before I was able to get into the muffler shop and have the tips welded on, but the wait was well worth it.
Some pics:

Last edited by Frid; 04-19-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
Frid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
It's about time...Looking good man. =)
Thanks J.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Oh yeah looking beastly my friend, more pictures please!~
Old 04-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
Shortly after, I decided I wanted to be louder....MUCH LOUDER. So I placed an order from Phastek for the Borla ATAK axle-back. Sounded much better to me after that. Don't get me wrong, the Pure Thunder mufflers from ARH are great, but weren't as loud as I was hoping.

Roughly a week or so went by and I came across a thread of someone doing a quad exhaust set up. This was before the '13 and dual mode option came out and I was sold. Did a little researching, and found that Ofer (2SSRS) was selling a custom made diffuser made from the OEM one. Got the order placed and it was shipped right before CF3 kicked off. Hands down one of my favorite mods on this car. Makes the rear end look so much more aggressive. It was a while before I was able to get into the muffler shop and have the tips welded on, but the wait was well worth it.
Some pics:

Frid,
The quads make the rear end....They look GREAT....I always liked them on just about anything, but REALLY LIKE them on the Camaro....

Nicely Done...Kurt ABL99...
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #13
Frid

Off to Camaros for Heros 2012! First time running with these mods and ran a 12.88 @110mph best that day. Pretty hot day as it was in Summer. Hopefully I'll be able to get low 12s or possibly break into the 11s with my new mods. Few videos of me racing with my buddy Kevin (swizlstik on C5)

Taking a while debating between an aftermarket rim and powder coating the stockers, I decided to go with the powder coating route. Work done at Ultimate Audio in Lexington. Very reputable shop that will do just about anything from lowering, audio, customs, fabricating, hydrographics, and paint. Great group of guys too. Some pics of the wheels powder coated. Black Gorilla locking lug nuts bought from Chase @ Apex

Last edited by Frid; 04-19-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
Frid

Cam Time!

My next mod took me awhile to finally tell myself to pull the trigger on it. On December 17th 2012, I gave Shawn a call at Lethal Racing and set up my appointment for their Night Fury cam kit. I went with the LS2 dampener instead of keeping the stock LS3 tensioners as well as a new oil pump, rods, springs, trunion upgrade, timing chain, etc. Even being deployed, I was still extremely anxious about the upgrade. I had read so many good things about these guys and I am glad I went with them.
Pic upon the arrival at Lethal

Nick doing his thing!

Install and tuning took just a little over a day's worth. I guess when you put some many of these cams out a month, it becomes like instinct. Was very happy with the numbers that it put out even if it is a generous dyno 486 rwhp/464rwtq

Idle video:

Car ready for the 12hr trip back home