Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #29
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
You said you took it up to the "executive offices" -- who all have you talked to? Have you tried reaching out to the Chevrolet customer service representative who is a member on the site? Have you talked to the general manager of the dealership or the owner of the dealership? How about the district or regional managers?

I understand your frustrations with the dealership and it's embarrassing for all of us GM workers anywhere in the company when we hear about these issues. But keep in mind that dealerships are privately owned. Until someone brings it to the attention of corporate, they'll be completely unaware of the issue.
I started with the service dep, then the service manager, then gm customer service, then regional manager, then gm executive office. I can give ya the names and numbers to each one.
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
GM sucks just saying bro. I also have an issue and am on the verge of bringing a halt to all modding and trade this car. GM you guys are shisters. You get us to buy your products and then void warranty not because it is our fault but because you know your products are not sound and when they go bad you protect your wallets by denying the fault and blame it on us making us pay you even more than we should. I have never see a company void warranties for so little as sneezing too hard like you GM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Its a wear item like brakes. You don't get 36k miles of free replacements on brakes now do you?

I'll probably end up doing this myself as well. I don't see the point of fighting for a warranty fix when they throw the same crap parts in there and you're stuck with a grinding tranny with slightly newer parts. After the years of Pontiac Crap Ams and Chevy Crapaliers breaking down on me I knew it was a craps shoot going with GM again. If it weren't a camaro it wouldn't be in my garage. But the crap tranny and leaky block "functioning as designed" is ridiculous in a $40k car.

I'm thinking an aftermarket rebuild next year and a new clutch to remove all the issues from the tranny at least.
hot damn! i wish you didn't say that! i gotta $20,000 (L.S.) i'm probably gonna be in a world of s**t now!..just sayin'
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I'm not a trained mechanic, and before I read anything more I'm going to attempt to see if I can find what I think is wrong.
Slave cylinder looks screwed up, as if there is a broken seal or something it's basically falling apart, also could be some bearings missing, as for the rest it just looks like the clutch is a piece of garbage that needs to be thrown out and replaced.

EDIT: I did see something in the clutch assembly but wasn't sure, but yeah bunch of crappy busted parts all over the place.
What you saw in the clutch was prices of metal from the bearing. The slave is all jacked up, and yes with the bearing going through the clutch it's trashed too. They won't admit a fault even though there is a TSB on checking the torque of the pressure plate bolts and inspecting the clutch, which was never performed.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #32
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Sorry about the misuse of words. iPhone's auto correct! Just another great thing!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #33
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

I just think its crap that all these aftermarket companies see an issue and have fixes for them whil GM sees the same thing and just shrugs their shoulders at us. I mean come on how come you can't look at what others are doing to resolve your issues and stand by it by having a fix for yourself!?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #34
jmaryt

do you have this car modded?..just curious!..thanks!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #35
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

CIA and BMR toe rods and trailing arms.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #36
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
Well put, they have seen the problems, but you are right they have shrugged their shoulders at the current owners, and they have addressed the issues at hand, they call it the ZL-1 and you can have all your problems solved for just another 60k.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #37
jmaryt

can't say to a certainty,but they may be tryin' to make a connection with what ya did to the car!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #38
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
can't say to a certainty,but they may be tryin' to make a connection with what ya did to the car!
Might want to check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

If you can prove those parts caused a clutch issue, then have at it.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #39
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

And you can look here...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112722
Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #40
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

For better understanding.....

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

Ive had ALOT of time to do my homework and am not done with this either. I may be doing the work myself at the time but still in the act of fighting these issues.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #41
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
My family was too until those 3 happened at the same time. The camaro isn't helping my attempt to come back. Probably going to stick with Ford or an import for the corolla replacement. Both have been trouble free.

At least on the camaro I can use the problems as an excuse to upgrade but these and past issues on a daily driver won't cut it.
I wish you luck with that! I think you need to go to the Mustang boards and search on clutch/transmission problems. You'll find out pretty quick that the Camaro is the reliable one. Consumer Reports no longer recommends the Mustang, because it is below average in reliablity. Ford as brand fell from 6th in 2010 to 23rd in 2011 on reliability. My company leases Ford products and I've had two since 2006. Both of them have spent more time in the shop than I have driving them. My 2010 Camaro Has been flawless.
I'm not trying to make light of the OP's problems or how he has been treated by his dealer. It's just that to say that "I'm having problems, so I'm going to go get something worse", is ridiculous.
My experience with the local dealer here has been just the opposite. My 99 Chevy truck had a 3yr,36,000 warranty and it developed an electrical short in the transmission at 60,000 miles. My local dealer came to my house, picked it up, repaired it, changed the fluid and filter, and returned it to my driveway. I didn't even know that they'd brought it back until I went out the next day. I was expecting to be billed for this, but when I looked at the invoice it said "No Charge". When I questioned the service manager about this, he said that they had pinched the wiring harness in the transmission when they assembled it. He said it was a manufacturing defect, so they decided cover it under my warranty, even though it was expired. I offered to at least pay for the fluid and filter, but he said that they'd already charged it back to GM. I was so impressed that I promised myself that I'd never buy anything again but GM. Can you imagine how well GM would be doing, if every dealer treated their customers like this one does!

Last edited by Rocky1974; 01-29-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #42
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
My family was too until those 3 happened at the same time. The camaro isn't helping my attempt to come back. Probably going to stick with Ford or an import for the corolla replacement. Both have been trouble free.

At least on the camaro I can use the problems as an excuse to upgrade but these and past issues on a daily driver won't cut it.
Ford isnt much better. I have a 2003 explorer. It has had the two front hubs replaced starting at 80k miles, and now at 130k it looks like a new transmission might be on order. Each out of pocket since the warranty is gone. Its a local car for the most part for the wife to drive. No heavy off road usage, but some. It should not be having these issues. :(
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote