Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 PM   #57
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Got a wonderful call from the Chevrolet executive office today, was super excited for all of 5 minutes. My rep told me that the dealership had looked at my car: they tightened the rearview mirror, got me another truck release tab/pull thing, were unable to make the car lurch forward when shifting from P to D so they did not fix that one, they couldn't find/make the seat squeak so that problem was also not fixed.

Now the brakes, these guys deserve their own paragraph. For anyone/those who have been following my issues since day one take a look up at my work log that I attached to an earlier post. You'll notice that I mention that the dealership replaced my brake pads, calipers, rotors, etc about a month ago. This was done because they found a TSB stating that if a customer had squeaky/squealing brakes to replace them with ones of a lower metal concentration. Well, the solution that the dealership came up with for my squeaky brakes was to replace my brake pads, calipers, rotors, etc AGAIN. They found the same TSB that the other dealer found a month ago. I mentioned this to my service rep whose response was "well let's just try it again and see what happens."

try it again and see what happens? Eleanor isn't a shop class project that you experiment on until you get it right. Insanity is defined as doing the same action over and over again and expecting different results. I'm sorry. I know there are a bunch of Chevrolet guys on the forum who are huge helps to guys like me (Pete and/or Grunt for example) but this service rep just can't grasp the idea that something is actually wrong here besides what the TSBs cover. Well what I think doesn't really matter to Chevy or the dealer. I'm apparently getting my car back squeak free on Friday or Saturday, after she has spent another week at the dealer. Once again, sorry for the rant.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #58
The Stig

Brakes

Hi again, well I got my car back from the dealer after they had it for a solid week. They were replacing the brake pads again in hopes of solving the problem that way. Though what I don't get is their logic. It didn't work the first time why would it work the second time around? Well suprise suprise, it didn't work the second time they replaced them. Called back the exec office and they told me that they would talk to some engineers and figure out what do to from there. I pointed out to them that they have had their 3 stikes, and that their next move needs to fix the problem. This isn't me being a dick here, its me not wanting to be carless for 2 weeks out of every month. I mean I got a little razor scooter but its impossible to merge with that thing. *that's a joke btw, come on guys loosen up*
Old 06-04-2010, 07:52 AM   #59
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Hi again, well I got my car back from the dealer after they had it for a solid week. They were replacing the brake pads again in hopes of solving the problem that way. Though what I don't get is their logic. It didn't work the first time why would it work the second time around? Well suprise suprise, it didn't work the second time they replaced them. Called back the exec office and they told me that they would talk to some engineers and figure out what do to from there. I pointed out to them that they have had their 3 stikes, and that their next move needs to fix the problem. This isn't me being a dick here, its me not wanting to be carless for 2 weeks out of every month. I mean I got a little razor scooter but its impossible to merge with that thing. *that's a joke btw, come on guys loosen up*
Sorry to hear about the continued issues Stieger. Just please keep us posted on what happens next. I hope that it fixes your problem.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #60
The Stig

Per a suggestion from the mechanics I've seen and friends who have been with me while dealing with this whole brakes thing I've contacted the BBB to help me get all of this sorted out. the BBB and Chevrolet have both contacted me in reply and are happy to get all of this worked out. I faxed all of my information to Chevrolet (about 7 pages of notes on Eleanor's work log and when problems arose, copies of all of the work orders that I received from the dealer, and about 30 pages of emails that I've collected over the past few months. Currently awaiting to hear back from Chevrolet about what their assessment of the situation is. I am excited about when they said this would all be sorted out by: the end of the month. Me=happy camper
Old 06-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #61
The Stig

Update time again, also I'm sorry that I've been taking over this thread lately:

Well about a week ago I sent all my information (notes, work orders, etc) to the BBB and Chevrolet (no longer Chevy). The BBB confirmed that they received my information and that I would be hearing from them at a later date. Chevrolet however called me requesting more and more information about my case so that they would be able to make a fair assessment of the situation. Perfectly understandable. I get a call from my service rep, let's call her 33198, and she tells me that she is waiting on copies of my work orders from one of the dealers I took my car to and then she would make her assessment. I was a little confused on that because I had faxed her all of the work orders that I was given from both dealer's I went to. Apparently she has to double check that, again understandable. She want's to make sure she has all the facts straight. This is the part where she loses with the whole "understanding her actions". I asked her if she was able to give me a rough assessment of the situation, which she did nicely of course. She told me that their was in fact no problem with my car and because of the nature of the metallic pads all cars brakes squeal and that I should just get used to it. She hammered the last nail in when I asked what I should do now as that my brakes were still squealing loudly and it was becoming an annoyance to drive the car (which is my daily driver). My favorite part here "the problem that I am having with my brakes is not Chevrolet's responsibility and if I continue to have problems with them I should take my car to the dealer and work a solution out with them."

Bam. Sucker punch. Jab. Jab. Left hook. Finisher. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I've spent the past 2 and a half months trying to find a solution and work with Chevrolet and when I finally think I've made progress and that they will be able to help me out so how Bam. She tells me that its not her problem and I should just suck it up. I was speechless, absolutely no idea what or where I was to go from here. If it wasn't for the huge financial loss I'd take with selling the car that would be my plan right now.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #62
Derek_2LT-RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Angry brake noise

You may not want to hear this, but I had the same problem with my replacement front disc pads a few years ago with a Jeep dealer for my 2000 Wrangler. Metallic and loud. Called to complain. Mechanic said it's normal and should go away after a while. 1000 miles later, the noise did in fact go away. Yes, the noise was a nuisance. Just my 2 cents. Derek.
:5thgenvert:
Derek_2LT-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #63
The Stig

I'm a 8,800 miles now. I first brought my car in April 7th at 5,600 miles. Now 3,200 miles and 3 sets of replacement brake pads later they still squeak.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, just showing you where I'm coming from. I've been dealing with these brakes squeaking all day everyday for about 3 months now. I'm a bit edgy about the topic so sorry if I came off a bit strong.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #64
SSPooler2010

Drives: 2010 2SS Chevy Camaro
Sorry Pete, I havent been on in a while due to trying to get through Surgery and Finals and Graduation and a Funeral. No my problem is not resolved, I have been working with the GM Executive Offices for a couple of months now with no resolution. I am now having problems with the Passenger seat lever (On the back of the seat) sticking, already had that in for service (2 days in the shop got it back yesterday) still wasnt fixed and I am still wanting for the dealership to call me back even though I called 5 minutes after I left, taking it back today they are going to replace the entire seat. The Service Airbag alert keeps coming up and they are telling me that the computer is not showing where this is happening even though it has happened several times. It started on my trip home to KY for my fathers Funeral and I have had in the shop twice for that I have been informed that when that warning comes up that my airbag will not deploy for my protection to keep it from deploying when it is not supposed to, BUT it will not deploy if the light is on and I am in an accident. My onstar is a total disaster (couldnt download the directions to the car several times on the previous mention trip to KY) Was also telling me to take turns where there were not roads, or they were dead ends. Then on top of that Liano in GM Executive Offices keeps telling me there is no fix for my USB issue and there isnt going to be one until probably mid july. Now my A/C is not working as well as it was, it seems very weak. When I drove to KY I froze my butt off, now it is not working like that (yes I use the recirculation button and everything turned up full blast)

So needless to say I am beginning to regret my purchase. My husband still wants to keep the car but I am getting to the point where I just want my money back. There is no reason to be having this many problems with my brand new car. I am ridiculously tired of not receiving call backs when I leave messages for Liano (perfect example, left two messages last Wed & Thurs as of yesterday I still had not received a call back and at that point I called back and asked to speak to Liano's supervisor/manager and was informed that the GM Executive Office Staff is as high as I can go and that I needed to speak with Liano. Another Message left, I waited a couple of hours and called back again and once again had to be insistent and very firm they finally tracked him down and he took the call. He informed me that he didn't get the messages. That is CRAP because I left the messages on HIS voicemail myself.

I am really just tired of the games.
SSPooler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:10 AM   #65
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Can someone please help? My pressure plate cracked at 9000 miles.I do have all the extended warranty crap and the dealer took the car in for the fix but they are unable to locate the part been waiting for the part for more than a week. I have tried several times to escalate the issue with Chevy customer service for about a week now and I still cannot get anywhere.
There is no excuse for a brand new car to break this often and for the dealers to tell me they are unable to locate parts.
Does anyone know of a way to just give the car back? I will be more than happy taking a 1000$ loss just to get rid of the darn thing. What 's the lemon law anyway?
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 AM   #66
DHUGHF
Dallas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I am dealing with my dealer now on swirl marks & paint chipping! I feel that I am not going to get what I am looking for. My Camaro SS only has 1650 miles I drive it once a week. I was not told when I bought it that black would show swirl marks so I feel that they should replace the car with another color of my choice! The service manager told me he was going to contact his district manager. So I guess I will wait to see what happens. Thanks for the info on your thread.
DHUGHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #67
BA-Jackpot

Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
I finally had the clutch stick. Been lurking and reading. Now I need help.
I took the car to the dealer today. I was told there was no problem, bring it back if it happens again. Excactly what I expected , not what I wanted! I am not patient, I admit: But it is because of the way I have come to expect to be treated by service personell dealing with issues people have.
In the waiting room a man got angry that a thermostat replacement is going to cost him 300.00 then the lady across from me got the news that her headlight out was going to cost her 6hundred and some odd dollars. I knew I was next....
The bulletin they gave me dated 6-1 from GM says it is the drivers fault their clutch sticks to the floor, because they have used launch control and let the clutch out too slow.
NOW. I let the clutch out all at once the other day. Cold car just pulled down to the highway and was pulling onto to the highway from a slight uphill stop. I was actually going to take off hard with traction control off. NOT IN LAUNCH MODE. I have only tried that competitive mode a couple times with the car when it just a few moths old.
There was RPMs, car moving out slowly, and smoke before I noticed the clutch was only a couple inches off the floor.!
Being impatient, I am not happy with the result of my dealer service, WHICH was only, :I dont see anything wrong, and here is a bullitin that says its your problem!
What should I do???
Can you guys give me some advice. This is the first problem I have had with my car. And I just bought another vehicle from this dealer. Jim Bishop Chevrolet in Tuscumbia, Alabama.
Attached Images

BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #68
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPooler2010 View Post
Sorry Pete, I havent been on in a while due to trying to get through Surgery and Finals and Graduation and a Funeral. No my problem is not resolved, I have been working with the GM Executive Offices for a couple of months now with no resolution. I am now having problems with the Passenger seat lever (On the back of the seat) sticking, already had that in for service (2 days in the shop got it back yesterday) still wasnt fixed and I am still wanting for the dealership to call me back even though I called 5 minutes after I left, taking it back today they are going to replace the entire seat. The Service Airbag alert keeps coming up and they are telling me that the computer is not showing where this is happening even though it has happened several times. It started on my trip home to KY for my fathers Funeral and I have had in the shop twice for that I have been informed that when that warning comes up that my airbag will not deploy for my protection to keep it from deploying when it is not supposed to, BUT it will not deploy if the light is on and I am in an accident. My onstar is a total disaster (couldnt download the directions to the car several times on the previous mention trip to KY) Was also telling me to take turns where there were not roads, or they were dead ends. Then on top of that Liano in GM Executive Offices keeps telling me there is no fix for my USB issue and there isnt going to be one until probably mid july. Now my A/C is not working as well as it was, it seems very weak. When I drove to KY I froze my butt off, now it is not working like that (yes I use the recirculation button and everything turned up full blast)

So needless to say I am beginning to regret my purchase. My husband still wants to keep the car but I am getting to the point where I just want my money back. There is no reason to be having this many problems with my brand new car. I am ridiculously tired of not receiving call backs when I leave messages for Liano (perfect example, left two messages last Wed & Thurs as of yesterday I still had not received a call back and at that point I called back and asked to speak to Liano's supervisor/manager and was informed that the GM Executive Office Staff is as high as I can go and that I needed to speak with Liano. Another Message left, I waited a couple of hours and called back again and once again had to be insistent and very firm they finally tracked him down and he took the call. He informed me that he didn't get the messages. That is CRAP because I left the messages on HIS voicemail myself.

I am really just tired of the games.
SSPooler2010, very sorry to hear about your continued frustration. It sounds like you had/have a lot on your plate. I can understand and appreciate your frustration. I can tell you that there are people at GM who care about you and your issue and I know they are looking into it. I am sure it is difficult, but just hang in there. Hopefully things will get resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
Can someone please help? My pressure plate cracked at 9000 miles.I do have all the extended warranty crap and the dealer took the car in for the fix but they are unable to locate the part been waiting for the part for more than a week. I have tried several times to escalate the issue with Chevy customer service for about a week now and I still cannot get anywhere.
There is no excuse for a brand new car to break this often and for the dealers to tell me they are unable to locate parts.
Does anyone know of a way to just give the car back? I will be more than happy taking a 1000$ loss just to get rid of the darn thing. What 's the lemon law anyway?
Any update on your replacement part? I have to say that I am a little confused at your mention of the car breaking this often. Sounds like you have had just one issue. Anyway, sorry the replacement part is taking time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHUGHF View Post
I am dealing with my dealer now on swirl marks & paint chipping! I feel that I am not going to get what I am looking for. My Camaro SS only has 1650 miles I drive it once a week. I was not told when I bought it that black would show swirl marks so I feel that they should replace the car with another color of my choice! The service manager told me he was going to contact his district manager. So I guess I will wait to see what happens. Thanks for the info on your thread.
Wow. I don't even know what to write to your post. I am sorry that your car has swirl marks on it and that you have a scum-bag dealer (in my opinion based on the fact that they told you black wouldn't swirl). However, you should have done a little homework and research. All colors can swirl if not properly cared for. There are things you can do to remove paint swirls. Search on here (or just about anywhere online) about swirl marks and properly caring for your car. Paint swirls definitely aren't a reason to get a replacement car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-Jackpot View Post
I finally had the clutch stick. Been lurking and reading. Now I need help.
I took the car to the dealer today. I was told there was no problem, bring it back if it happens again. Excactly what I expected , not what I wanted! I am not patient, I admit: But it is because of the way I have come to expect to be treated by service personell dealing with issues people have.
In the waiting room a man got angry that a thermostat replacement is going to cost him 300.00 then the lady across from me got the news that her headlight out was going to cost her 6hundred and some odd dollars. I knew I was next....
The bulletin they gave me dated 6-1 from GM says it is the drivers fault their clutch sticks to the floor, because they have used launch control and let the clutch out too slow.
NOW. I let the clutch out all at once the other day. Cold car just pulled down to the highway and was pulling onto to the highway from a slight uphill stop. I was actually going to take off hard with traction control off. NOT IN LAUNCH MODE. I have only tried that competitive mode a couple times with the car when it just a few moths old.
There was RPMs, car moving out slowly, and smoke before I noticed the clutch was only a couple inches off the floor.!
Being impatient, I am not happy with the result of my dealer service, WHICH was only, :I dont see anything wrong, and here is a bullitin that says its your problem!
What should I do???
Can you guys give me some advice. This is the first problem I have had with my car. And I just bought another vehicle from this dealer. Jim Bishop Chevrolet in Tuscumbia, Alabama.
I am not clear based on your write-up what exactly you did or were doing when the clutch stuck. I am confused as to why you would be dropping the clutch in non-competitive mode. If it only stuck once under those circumstances, then I am not sure you actually have a problem. If it happens under "normal" driving conditions, then I would say you have cause for concern. Can you provide more details on exactly what you were doing when it stuck?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #69
BA-Jackpot

Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
I was just leaving home when this happened. I turned the traction control off. Took off from a stop by quickly letting off of the clutch and putting the pedal down. There is a slight hill where I stop going onto the highway. Only turned the traction control off a couple times recently. Just getting brave enough to do that. But have never had a manual car that the clutch pedal didnt come up when you pick your foot up.
BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #70
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-Jackpot View Post
I was just leaving home when this happened. I turned the traction control off. Took off from a stop by quickly letting off of the clutch and putting the pedal down. There is a slight hill where I stop going onto the highway. Only turned the traction control off a couple times recently. Just getting brave enough to do that. But have never had a manual car that the clutch pedal didnt come up when you pick your foot up.
BA-Jackpot, Thanks for the additional clarification. Did you just have the traction control off or were you in "launch mode"? Either way, I still an unclear why you would just drop the clutch like that. If you read the owner's manual around section 8-35, it will provide you with how to properly use the launch control:

"Launch Control (V8 with Manual Transmission Models Only)

Launch Control uses a form of traction control specifically tuned to
optimize tire spin while launching the vehicle during closed track events and
competitive driving. The feature is activated when the vehicle is at
rest while in Competitive Mode. See Competitive Driving Mode on
page 8-37 for more information. At rest, if the accelerator pedal is
pressed to the floor with the clutch engaged, the RPM is limited to a
predetermined level. A smooth, quick release of the clutch while keeping
the accelerator pedal on the floor will provide controlled wheel spin for
consistent acceleration. Complete shifts as described in Manual
Transmission on page 8-30."

If you were just dropping the clutch like that to smoke the tires, then you need to do some reading online of how to properly do that. Either way, it sounds to me like what you experienced is exactly what the bulletin and your dealer stated: user error.