Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #57
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
Hey, it's enough to make me stall my plans for a 1LE purchase by a few months to see what develops. It will give me a few months breathing space after paying off my LS, to go without a car payment for a while, save money, and see what may happen. No sense paying off one Camaro, only to go directly into a note on a second one just yet. I can stall a bit, as a second Camaro is a want, and not a need at this point in time.

I would much rather wait a bit and see what is going to happen. Can you imagine this scenario? "Ford announces new Mustang redesign for 2014" followed by "A Chevrolet icon returns in 2014, the long awaited Z28." Well, I'd almost not even care about the "New Mustang" news at that point, would you?

Ford already blew its current generation load, to put it bluntly, with the 2013 Boss 302 and 2013 Shelby GT500 model series finales. Starting a new line of Mustangs, they will want to hold back a bit to trickle out the best upgrades and models until a year or two down the line. But the 5th gen will be in its final year or two, and Chevy is bound to pull out all the stops with it to combat the introduction of the new Mustang.

Here's hoping the 5th gen will go out with a bang, with announcements of models that will steal the show. AKA the Z28 (and maybe some last model year tweaks to ZL1 too.)

I think there should be something big for the end of the 5th gen Camaro. Not only will it be the end of the 5th but it will be the end of the gen IV engine.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #58
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Speaking of speculation...here's a few twigs for the ol' "what's coming" bonfire...

Potential future engines:

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...809-23wod.html

...and some more, regarding body structures:

http://wardsauto.com/vehicles-amp-te...ng-lesson-gm-0

"Stay tuned"...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #59
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Speaking of speculation...here's a few twigs for the ol' "what's coming" bonfire...

Potential future engines:

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...809-23wod.html

...and some more, regarding body structures:

http://wardsauto.com/vehicles-amp-te...ng-lesson-gm-0

"Stay tuned"...
Unless I missed something, they are just talking about putting the ZL1 version of the LSA in the HSV.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #60
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Unless I missed something, they are just talking about putting the ZL1 version of the LSA in the HSV.
The Evelyn Wood Speed Reading course should more highly emphasize comprehension.

“No comment,” is the most the company will say publically about the crucial new model that is expected to bring a new generation engine with significantly more power than the current 6.2-litre V8 [Read: Gen-5 "LT1"].

In another paragraph:

Producing up to 410kW [550 hp] of power – 26 per cent more than the current 325kW [440 hp] performance heroes in the HSV range
- it’s a significant step up and would overtake the rival Falcon GT, which makes 335kW of power from its 5.0-litre supercharged V8.

The LSA, in current form, is a now-short-term engine that will disappear when the Gen-5 SBC comes fully onstream. Do NOT expect an "LSA" in the Gen-6 Camaro come MY '16.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #61
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
The Evelyn Wood Speed Reading course should more highly emphasize comprehension.

“No comment,” is the most the company will say publically about the crucial new model that is expected to bring a new generation engine with significantly more power than the current 6.2-litre V8 [Read: Gen-5 "LT1"].

In another paragraph:

Producing up to 410kW [550 hp] of power – 26 per cent more than the current 325kW [440 hp] performance heroes in the HSV range - it’s a significant step up and would overtake the rival Falcon GT, which makes 335kW of power from its 5.0-litre supercharged V8.

The LSA, in current form, is a short-term engine that will disappear when the Gen-5 SBC comes fully onstream. Do NOT expect an "LSA" in the Gen-6 Camaro come MY '16.
Hmmm. I guess they are talking about two different engines there. They talk about the new gen but they also talk about using the LSA.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #62
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
You must have some info that we don't.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #63
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #64
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I was told by lots of GM people that they know nothing about the Z28, You know what that means wright, 2014 model year i hope to see it at SEMA, LOL
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #65
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Auto trannies don't belong in the Z/28.
thats what she said
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #66
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
I was told by lots of GM people that they know nothing about the Z28, You know what that means wright, 2014 model year i hope to see it at SEMA, LOL
When is SEMA?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #67
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Early November, I think.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #68
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
I doubt they will release info on a Z/28 before announcing it.
..true, but as long as I have been following this stuff....only since late '10, my take is usually ahead of time there is enough info that lends some credence that "somethings up", all unofficial of course as you say, where one can make an informed interpretation of what is going to be ahead of time. Pics, posts, spy shots, articles, concepts, in combination with vaguely worded corporate statements etc....
Old 08-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #69
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
One only has to look at how the development of the ZL1 spurred Ford to create a monster of a gt500. Lesson learned keep it under wraps...build Z28 behind vaulted doors release when complete...sell lots, make my day!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #70
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..true, but as long as I have been following this stuff....only since late '10, my take is usually ahead of time there is enough info that lends some credence that "somethings up", all unofficial of course as you say, where one can make an informed interpretation of what is going to be ahead of time. Pics, posts, spy shots, articles, concepts, in combination with vaguely worded corporate statements etc....
I'm sure if there is an upcoming Z/28, we will see some spy shots of it being tested.