Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

View Poll Results: What package should I get
Package 1 11 40.74%
Package 2 3 11.11%
Package 3 1 3.70%
Package 4 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #827
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Maybe the rear wheels only to head down the strip once or twice.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #828
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Two track videos from last night...

I spun for a full second or so when shifting to second gear for my second run (first eliminations run).

Anyone have leads on c6 Z06 wheel takeoffs?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #829
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Nice! Looked like solid launches

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 04-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #830
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Let me know the next time you go out there! Maybe I can get Brian to go, too I miss running down that strip

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 04-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #831
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Nice job man
Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #832
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Nice runs J!!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #833
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Nice! Looked like solid launches
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Let me know the next time you go out there! Maybe I can get Brian to go, too I miss running down that strip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
Nice job man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Nice runs J!!

Thanks guys!

The launches were just rolling into the power, hence the poor reaction times and 2.23 60' times.

Chuck, I'll give you a call when I'm going next. We're cruising out to Fuddruckers tonight if you want to join. =)
Old 05-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #834
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

So I'm running into a dilemma and I could use some help from everyone.

It's getting to the point in my life that my wife and I are going to be able to afford a house of our own to start a family. I'm planning on doing one last "package" of mods to my car before then. I have a bit of personal money saved up and will be putting some or all of that money towards the package depending on the cost. I'm trying to grab the attention of one more magazine for an article or cover if possible, so please keep that in mind.

I for sure will be getting these smaller mods: Color changing halos, 2-3 carbon fiber interior pieces for the interior (shift knob, 4-pack gauge bezel and possibly arm rest top), Pedders street I bush kit, and maybe a new grill (Heritage, ZL1, Sniper).

The packages that I need to decide between are the following:

Quote:
Package 1: Exterior
This package consists of exterior body panels and a new paint job to finish the exterior of my car where 100% of the people looking at the car see. This will be the most visually impacting package and will help out at the 5-10 car shows I will attend almsot every year.

Rideskinz Bumper
Vented fenders
Respray of my paint scheme to fix rock chips/allow for clear bra
Powder coating the brake calipers

Quote:
Package 2: Performance
This package will be a drag pack for when I go to Sacramento Raceway maybe 4-5 time a year. It should allow me to actually launch my car and go for low 11 ET's and actually drag race instead of having fun accelerating at an alarmingly fast rate. =)

Upgraded axles
Upgraded differential
17 or 18" Wheels
Drag Radials
Quote:
Package 3: Audio
This package consists of an audio/lighting and overall show factor to compete at the import dominated car shows who pretty much look at stance/audio/video for their awards. It will round out my car with having some show, some go and some sound.

Custom Fiberglass/plexi enclosure for the trunk
Rear seat removal
Strobes/general lighting
subwoofers
Amps

Quote:
Package 4: combination of exterior/performance. Updated option

Axles
Drag wheels
Drag tires
Powdercoated Caliper
Vented fenders
Painted front end and clear bra
The first two packages will be about the same price with the audio package costing about 2/3's of the other two. With package 1 or 2, I can sell my stock parts to help recuperate the cost but the performance package won't be as appealing to most magazines as the visually oriented packages. I'll be happy with all three packages, and might eventually be able to obtain all three, but there is only enough money for one of those packages for the time being.

What do you guys think I should go with and why??
Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #835
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Are you happy with how fast you are?? Then go cosmetic brah.

If it were me, Id do the boring #2.....

Good luck either way sir!!
Ivan
Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #836
RSBAD454
Procharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to RSBAD454
Do what suites you, what you think flows with how you feel. Looks like you've been on the right track so far.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #837
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I'm plenty happy with the power level of the car Ivan, but you can never have too much power.

Ryan, They all will flow with the car. I can't pick one over the other so I'm asking for outside perspectives. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #838
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
I would do #3. Audio attracts attention of magazines!! the exterior is already great. The interior will draw more attention, and the sound will do the same.

But I would add the paint repair and calipers to clean up the entire package.

My 2 cents
Old 05-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #839
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
A tough call between 1 & 2.... But I might have to say 2 mang. BR already has alot goin for her, she could use some intimidating timeslips to back up her bark.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 05-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #840
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
So I'm running into a dilemma and I could use some help from everyone.

It's getting to the point in my life that my wife and I are going to be able to afford a house of our own to start a family. I'm planning on doing one last "package" of mods to my car before then. I have a bit of personal money saved up and will be putting some or all of that money towards the package depending on the cost. I'm trying to grab the attention of one more magazine for an article or cover if possible, so please keep that in mind.

I for sure will be getting these smaller mods: Color changing halos, 2-3 carbon fiber interior pieces for the interior (shift knob, 4-pack gauge bezel and possibly arm rest top), Pedders street I bush kit, and maybe a new grill (Heritage, ZL1, Sniper).

The packages that I need to decide between are the following:

The first two packages will be about the same price with the audio package costing about 2/3's of the other two. With package 1 or 2, I can sell my stock parts to help recuperate the cost but the performance package won't be as appealing to most magazines as the visually oriented packages. I'll be happy with all three packages, and might eventually be able to obtain all three, but there is only enough money for one of those pacakages.

What do you guys think I should go with and why??
I personally think you should look at a combination of 1 and 2.

The car looks great as it sits, so I'd nix the bumper and fender cut outs. I'd have the front end repainted (I'm doing this as well), and leave everything else alone. That way your paint is good and ready for car shows.

You'll never get anywhere at the track without tires. I'd go with the wheels/tires and upgraded axles. Not sure if you'll need the differential, but with better traction there's always a chance.

Closed Thread

Tags
22's, 5th gen, aac, blown, blu808, blue rush, boss, build thread, camaro, camaro5, carbon fiber, fbodfather, flowmaster, hushpower, mindz, monoblock, pedders, procharger, rideskinz, stainless works