Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #15
y2jdmbfan

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by normand30 View Post
Ok time for the real scoop on the new alpine 8 inch(see attachments). I have it installed in my SS. Lets just say Im disappointed. Also, I have a 2 12" sub box for sale. Purchased from ********. Fits nice. make an offer.
Thanks for the pics! Are you being sarcastic when you are saying you are disappointed? Did you do the work yourself?
y2jdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Are you disappointed in the Alpine unit itself, or the way the installation turned out?
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
normand30

Drives: 2ss
Sorry for the late reply. The install was ok. Im very disappointed with the alpine unit. The interface is lacking extremely. A unit of this magnitude should have all the bells and whistles when it comes to features. I switched from the kenwood 9960 because it was too slow. This unit isnt really that much faster and cant do half the stuff the kenwood can do when it comes to user interface/compatiblity. Only advantage over kenwood is the 8 inch if that can be considered an advantage.

quick pros/cons:

pros- screen, sturdy buttons, good hardware construction, quality sound processing,

cons-no mp4 support, song names dont scroll, cant use both ipod/usb at the same time, cant match button color with dash lights, no voice command, etc.

If you guys have any specifc questions about the unit feel free.
normand30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #18
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Solid review - all of these are give and take and again good review. I had the Clarion NX702 in my second place of the new ones out this year. I just moved out of a Kenwood and it's steady / solid / love Garmin - it's just the dated UI that kills me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by normand30 View Post
Sorry for the late reply. The install was ok. Im very disappointed with the alpine unit. The interface is lacking extremely. A unit of this magnitude should have all the bells and whistles when it comes to features. I switched from the kenwood 9960 because it was too slow. This unit isnt really that much faster and cant do half the stuff the kenwood can do when it comes to user interface/compatiblity. Only advantage over kenwood is the 8 inch if that can be considered an advantage.

quick pros/cons:

pros- screen, sturdy buttons, good hardware construction, quality sound processing,

cons-no mp4 support, song names dont scroll, cant use both ipod/usb at the same time, cant match button color with dash lights, no voice command, etc.

If you guys have any specifc questions about the unit feel free.
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Rally Yellow
Looks good
Kevinshawnm is offline   Reply With Quote