Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
StOrM TrOOpEr
TK-421

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Summit White #349
JDP HALO BOX messed up AGAIN !!!

urgh !!! my jdp halo box is messed up again. this is the 3rd time. i had it repaired twice under warranty. now the red & yellow light wont work. blue, green, purple works. red would flash/flicker once but it turns off. im gonna try to talk to jdp if they gonna replace it. i dont want it fixed i want it replaced. im also thinking of getting the nightowl upgrade kit instead. but its $500 .. ouch .. so idk.. i had enough with this kit... anyone with jdp lights having problems?
2012 CAMARO 2SS/RS A6 L99, TPW 7-18-2011 FIRST PRODUCTION WEEK 2012 MODEL #349
"LIKE" me on my FACEBOOK page http://www.facebook.com/stormtroopercamaro2ssrs
MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209482 - COTW 6/25/13

StOrM TrOOpEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StOrM TrOOpEr View Post
urgh !!! my jdp halo box is messed up again. this is the 3rd time. i had it repaired twice under warranty. now the red & yellow light wont work. blue, green, purple works. red would flash/flicker once but it turns off. im gonna try to talk to jdp if they gonna replace it. i dont want it fixed i want it replaced. im also thinking of getting the nightowl upgrade kit instead. but its $500 .. ouch .. so idk.. i had enough with this kit... anyone with jdp lights having problems?
Hahaha, my Box went out (for the second time) at the Camaro5Fest. Right now it's stuck on red, but it's very dim, and you can barely see it during the day/night time. I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and explained to him that I went through all the troubleshooting steps (fuse, wiring harness, kick panel switch, ground, power) and everything led me back to the box being defective. I plan on taking my box off this week and sending it in.

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad I have a lifetime warranty, but taking my front bumper off to replacement boxes every year is getting old. Hopefully they send me a brand new box.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
StOrM TrOOpEr
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Hahaha, my Box went out (for the second time) at the Camaro5Fest. Right now it's stuck on red, but it's very dim, and you can barely see it during the day/night time. I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and explained to him that I went through all the troubleshooting steps (fuse, wiring harness, kick panel switch, ground, power) and everything led me back to the box being defective. I plan on taking my box off this week and sending it in.

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad I have a lifetime warranty, but taking my front bumper off to replacement boxes every year is getting old. Hopefully they send me a brand new box.
u can always do it without taking the bumper off but its a little tricky. imgonna call jdp tomorrow and see what they can do. i checked everything too. shouldnt be the ground or wiring coz the other lights work. when i gt the box after the 2nd repair the flash mode doesnt work. and it should be also a moisture issue coz it happened yesterday when it was hot and i havent washed my car since last week. i even double sealed the box with a sealant tape before reinstalling it. this is really getting annoying
MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209482 - COTW 6/25/13

Old 08-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
I'm starting to rethink purchasing this kit. Just about everyone I know that has it has had some sort of issues with it.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Yeah some of my colors don't match each other!
Old 08-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
LS3 SS

Quote:
u can always do it without taking the bumper off but its a little tricky. imgonna call jdp tomorrow and see what they can do. i checked everything too. shouldnt be the ground or wiring coz the other lights work. when i gt the box after the 2nd repair the flash mode doesnt work. and it should be also a moisture issue coz it happened yesterday when it was hot and i havent washed my car since last week. i even double sealed the box with a sealant tape before reinstalling it. this is really getting annoying
They are gonna ask you if you checked your ground, and power, along with everything else. Then after they get done asking you all the questions, they will send you out an RMA number to remove your box and send it back to them for repair/replacement. Other than that, there's nothing we can really do besides continue to replace the boxes due to the fact that they can get hit with water where they are placed at.

I heard of the other way to get to the box, but that's just as bad, if not worse than just taking the bumper off. I've taken my bumper off so many times now, it's pretty much quick work and doesn't bother me too much.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
StOrM TrOOpEr
TK-421

Quote:
They are gonna ask you if you checked your ground, and power, along with everything else. Then after they get done asking you all the questions, they will send you out an RMA number to remove your box and send it back to them for repair/replacement. Other than that, there's nothing we can really do besides continue to replace the boxes due to the fact that they can get hit with water where they are placed at.

I heard of the other way to get to the box, but that's just as bad, if not worse than just taking the bumper off. I've taken my bumper off so many times now, it's pretty much quick work and doesn't bother me too much.

i know the process coz ive done it twice already.. and its annoying

Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:

As others have hinted at, you DO NOT have to take the front bumper off. I had to do it 3 times and it's a royal pain in the ass for sure.

I had my JDP control box replaced a few months ago due to the colors mismatching and they sent me some instructions along to remove/install without removing bumper. You can get to the control box by going through the hood latch slot. Remove the hood latch and you can reach down there and remove halo control unit.

But to the OP, yes I've had issues but they were fixed right away.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #10
StOrM TrOOpEr
TK-421

so i talked to JDP and from my description of the problem, they think its a loose wiring in the box. so im gonna try to fix it. (open the box and reconnect the wire.. with authorization from jdp and not void the warranty) .. hopefully it gets fixed and i dont have to spend extra money for the nightowl halos

Old 08-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
so i talked to JDP and from my description of the problem, they think its a loose wiring in the box. so im gonna try to fix it. (open the box and reconnect the wire.. with authorization from jdp and not void the warranty) .. hopefully it gets fixed and i dont have to spend extra money for the nightowl halos
Jeff,

We always stand behind our products and there is a reason for a warranty. I understand you've had a few problems but with the thousands of kits we've sold there are bound to be potential issues. I will say we only have a handful of customers that have had multiple issues and we always get them taken care of. This is also the reason we generally request the entire kit be sent back for testing. We're always a phone call or email away.

Quote:

Please contact us and we'll diagnosis the issue. If it isn't a simple fix we'll issue an RMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
Yeah some of my colors don't match each other!
That can be a byproduct of a few things including the alignment of the LED in the headlight housing. We're always happy to help our customers get things dialed in.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #12
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
That can be a byproduct of a few things including the alignment of the LED in the headlight housing. We're always happy to help our customers get things dialed in.
I have sent u pics and u said not good. I don't install my self so do I need to refresh your mind. Not trying to b a Hole. I love to show the lights off but not working right now.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #13
LS3 SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
As others have hinted at, you DO NOT have to take the front bumper off. I had to do it 3 times and it's a royal pain in the ass for sure.

I had my JDP control box replaced a few months ago due to the colors mismatching and they sent me some instructions along to remove/install without removing bumper. You can get to the control box by going through the hood latch slot. Remove the hood latch and you can reach down there and remove halo control unit.

But to the OP, yes I've had issues but they were fixed right away.
And as I hinted at, I know about that removal method. I don't prefer it compared to taking my front bumper off. I've take my front bumper off atleast 10 times. It's pretty easy at this point.

Removing my hood latch assembly to get to the control box to me is more of a pain in the ass of removing my front bumper. Seriously, it's not that serious. It's a few bolts, and boom, it's off.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #14
LS3 SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post

Please contact us and we'll diagnosis the issue. If it isn't a simple fix we'll issue an RMA.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Jordan,

I contacted Jeremy last week, and I have received an RMA number, I just haven't removed my box from my bumper yet and mailed off the box and remote.