Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 09-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #15
MonsterV6

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Kevin try Jet Chevrolet in federal way, I had work done a couple weeks ago. They didn't want to mess with separating the keys so they asked me to sign waiver instead.
481rwhp 436 rwtq on a Mustang dyno, BTR stage iv comp cam, Stainless power headers w/ highflow cats, G5CR intake, straight pipe, vmax throttle body, 6k hid fog & headlights, BMR strut bar, LG Motorsport coilovers Hurst short shifter, Elite catch can, Stillen splitter,cypher harness bar,
MonsterV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:14 AM   #16
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterV6 View Post
Kevin try Jet Chevrolet in federal way, I had work done a couple weeks ago. They didn't want to mess with separating the keys so they asked me to sign waiver instead.
I will check them out tomorrow too. Thanks!
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #17
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Puyallup does good work. I know it's a ways away, but they will not break your keys.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #18
Brianstanley

Drives: 2012 2LT RS Coupe in CRT
Keving2873, call Auburn Chevy and ask them. I had my car in for warranty work on the master break cylinder and I did ask for the recall on the key. They said the parts would take 3 to 4 weeks to come in for the key fob replacement. I have my car and have not heard from the dealership yet, and it has been four weeks!
Brianstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #19
keving2873

Got some word back from Jet and Haselwood. They are saying the form they use for that recall changed on August 19th. This is supposedly the form that GM sends the dealerships on how to handle the recall. All the verbaige seems to be the same, but they have removed the option for a waiver.

GM, if you are reading this, how can you just remove that option? I don't want you to dumb down my key. I also don't want you to stop fulfilling your agreement to me for a 5 year/100k mile powertrain warranty because I have not accepted your "OPTIONAL" recall. You still call it optional, yet you are trying to force me into it by withholding any warranty work that I need.

I am calling GM out on this since every dealership so far has given me the same answer that they have gotten from their GM zone manager (or whatever they call it). Pleasemake it right GM. Don't force me into an optional recall, especially if you are going to call it optional. You should say optional with side effects...
Apex Catch-can
Old 09-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #20
Pflyn lo

Drives: 2013 summit white zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
Got some word back from Jet and Haselwood. They are saying the form they use for that recall changed on August 19th. This is supposedly the form that GM sends the dealerships on how to handle the recall. All the verbaige seems to be the same, but they have removed the option for a waiver.

GM, if you are reading this, how can you just remove that option? I don't want you to dumb down my key. I also don't want you to stop fulfilling your agreement to me for a 5 year/100k mile powertrain warranty because I have not accepted your "OPTIONAL" recall. You still call it optional, yet you are trying to force me into it by withholding any warranty work that I need.

I am calling GM out on this since every dealership so far has given me the same answer that they have gotten from their GM zone manager (or whatever they call it). Pleasemake it right GM. Don't force me into an optional recall, especially if you are going to call it optional. You should say optional with side effects...
Kevin, a bit of a drive, but I just had my supercharger replaced in Columbus, Wisconsin. All they said was that there was a recall, I said I declined it, they did the work and I have my keys. Call Stephanie at puyallup Chevrolet and ask her about your issue. Good luck.
Pflyn lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:

Wow if that is true it may be because the majority of owners were not getting it done and the NHTSA has gotten wind of it and told them to stop giving people the option.. Sounds like to me that is what happened.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #22
keving2873

Update

I got a call from Grey Chevrolet last night. They said they had a waiver for me to sign to decline the key replacement and that all I had to do was schedule the appointment to get the starter replaced. I am not sure what finally happened to make this work, but I feel like I got some help from the guys here on the forum with Chevy Customer Service.

In particular I would like to give a shout out to William for his prompt replies to my PM's and his willingness to help me solve this problem. I am not sure if the final resolution was a result of your work or not, but I think you for all the help you provided me in working this out. Thank you, William!

I am not sure why GM (over the phone) told me that my warranty would no longer apply as long as I refused to have my keys taken away, but I am glad they fixed the problem and took care of me. I am hoping someone just wasn't informed properly. Thanks for all the helpful comments from everyone as well.
Apex Catch-can
Old 09-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #23
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I'm still waiting on the offical notification from GM telling me there is a recall.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #24
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I got a call from Grey Chevrolet last night. They said they had a waiver for me to sign to decline the key replacement and that all I had to do was schedule the appointment to get the starter replaced. I am not sure what finally happened to make this work, but I feel like I got some help from the guys here on the forum with Chevy Customer Service.

In particular I would like to give a shout out to William for his prompt replies to my PM's and his willingness to help me solve this problem. I am not sure if the final resolution was a result of your work or not, but I think you for all the help you provided me in working this out. Thank you, William!

I am not sure why GM (over the phone) told me that my warranty would no longer apply as long as I refused to have my keys taken away, but I am glad they fixed the problem and took care of me. I am hoping someone just wasn't informed properly. Thanks for all the helpful comments from everyone as well.
You're welcome!

Glad I could offer some assistance on your behalf .

#TeamChevy.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #25
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Received my Offical Recall notice for the keys today.
I will be signing the waiver. I for the life of me can't figure out how someone can bump the key while driving this car.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:38 PM   #26
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
I won't be doing the "recall" despite having received the notice in the mail today. It's bullshit. I have to try really hard with my foot off the floor or tip-toeing in order to get near the key like that.

And let's be honest: if you don't know what the hell to do when your car suddenly shuts off, you shouldn't be driving in the first goddamned place.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #27
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I was checking on parts for my Spark this morning and asked my service rep if they had been told not to offer the waiver any more. He said no, they still have the instructions on their computer with the waiver option. In fact he said he had someone sign one just this morning.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:54 PM   #28
keving2873

Lol, gotta love the consistency....
Apex Catch-can