Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-22-2015, 04:00 PM   #15
jrpimp00

Drives: '10 Black/IOM Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakudog View Post
Embarrassed for GM....
Not their fault, dealers at fault
Old 06-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #16
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balasarius View Post
Dealer left the spacers in mine, too. ~225 miles on them. I'm bringing it in to a closer dealership this afternoon, hopefully they won't give me any lip about removing them.
they won't. It was an oversight on their part.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #17
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBurn View Post
They installed those, I was looking at my sticker and they did not give me the Premium mats or the cargo net.
If they're on your window sticker, then you paid for them and they messed up. I'm sure they can order them and get them to you. Sucks they missed the spring spacers and the other parts.

FYI, make sure you keep those spacers in case you ever need to have your car shipped somewhere you'll need them.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:34 PM   #18
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpimp00 View Post
Not their fault, dealers at fault
The dealer, represents GM to the end user / the public.
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #19
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Insist they re-PDI everything. They might not have done anything on the PDI at all and missed it. If this happened to a car at my shop, I'd insist on checking the WHOLE car over before giving it back to you just to make sure it's right.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:27 PM   #20
JRBurn

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Send a message via ICQ to JRBurn
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Insist they re-PDI everything. They might not have done anything on the PDI at all and missed it. If this happened to a car at my shop, I'd insist on checking the WHOLE car over before giving it back to you just to make sure it's right.
I did take it back to the dealer and asked that they go over it again, they agreed.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #21
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBurn View Post
I did take it back to the dealer and asked that they go over it again, they agreed.
I wouldn't let a dealer who is incompetent at doing the final delivery checks touch your car again.

You can remove these spacers and you should, as you should know how to do this.

Giving a dealer a 65k powerful driving machine is just asking for trouble. Unless you keep your eyes on the car 100% time....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #22
VTSummit

Yeah, because we love to sabotage a car that comes back because of a mistake. We'll change your station presets, fart in it and put iron filings in the oil. We'll jump it over the railroad tracks and put a dead fish behind the trunk side panels. If we're feeling froggy that particular day, we'll swap your new tires onto our loaner car and put the bald ones on yours... then smoke 'em down to steel wires.
Seriously- they made a big mistake, but they'll make sure it's right. Some human being somewhere forgot to pull the spacers OR the sales guys didn't check with service to make sure the PDI was even done. Mistakes happen and it sucks, but you don't have to get all attitudinal (I love that word) about it.
Every dealer of every brand has had a mistake happen, just like in any business.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #23
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Yeah, because we love to sabotage a car that comes back because of a mistake. We'll change your station presets, fart in it and put iron filings in the oil. We'll jump it over the railroad tracks and put a dead fish behind the trunk side panels. If we're feeling froggy that particular day, we'll swap your new tires onto our loaner car and put the bald ones on yours... then smoke 'em down to steel wires.
Seriously- they made a big mistake, but they'll make sure it's right. Some human being somewhere forgot to pull the spacers OR the sales guys didn't check with service to make sure the PDI was even done. Mistakes happen and it sucks, but you don't have to get all attitudinal (I love that word) about it.
Every dealer of every brand has had a mistake happen, just like in any business.
Mistakes cost lives and in this case could cause damage to a 65k car....

The fact that you even typed all this stuff up confirms my suspicion......the cavalier attitude towards doing something right the first time is the reason most service depts. have a bad wrap to being with.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #24
VTSummit

Everyone tries to do the best, but mistakes happen. I'm sure you've never ever had a mistake where you work, but other than making it right what else is there?
Where there are human beings, there is a possibility of a mistake. The rest of us apparently just can't be as perfect as you.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #25
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Just put it in your dealer satisfaction survey which goes to GM.
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #26
VTSummit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR046 View Post
Just put it in your dealer satisfaction survey which goes to GM.
I didn't think of that- but yes, you could. The dealer survey means a lot more than you think. You may use that to your advantage. I'm not saying extort them, but... I'm betting if they are a decent dealer they will make some kind of peace offering. I would certainly make it known that when it comes to servicing the vehicle, one would certainly have doubts about the place- and I'd fully expect the service manager to sit down and explain what the deal is.
It's hard to rebuild trust, but reasonable people usually are open to it.