Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Call of Duty 29.4? sweeeeet!
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #16
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
What is there to facepalm about?

Quote:

Call of Duty releases in November every year........
I think you answered your own question there. A "new" game released every year and yet people still rush to pay $60 for a few minor updates to what is otherwise the same exact game they paid $60 for last year. Know what us old school gamers called that? Expansion packs. And we paid $25 - $30 for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post

What do you want to see in this game or dont want to see?
Innovation of any sort would be refreshing.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #17
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I would like to see destroyable environments, and an open world playing field. Sorry, those would be borrowed from BF3, which I ironically hate.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
I think you answered your own question there. A "new" game released every year and yet people still rush to pay $60 for a few minor updates to what is otherwise the same exact game they paid $60 for last year. Know what us old school gamers called that? Expansion packs. And we paid $25 - $30 for them.

Innovation of any sort would be refreshing.
Don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that. No body is holding a gun to your head.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Unable to open the link here at work, but from what I am understanding is that this game IS NOT going to be available for the 360? Also, can anybody tell me if this is made by Infinity Ward or Treyarch? Don't want to spend any more money on Treyarch crap (although knowing me, I will buy it anyways and just complain about how terrible it is and still continue to play it) and not wanting to spend $400 or whatever it will be on a new game system.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #20
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Unable to open the link here at work, but from what I am understanding is that this game IS NOT going to be available for the 360? Also, can anybody tell me if this is made by Infinity Ward or Treyarch? Don't want to spend any more money on Treyarch crap (although knowing me, I will buy it anyways and just complain about how terrible it is and still continue to play it) and not wanting to spend $400 or whatever it will be on a new game system.
It's the "new" (shitty) IW.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
It's the "new" (shitty) IW.
Yes its going to be available on the 360 but it was designed around the new Xbox system.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #22
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
made by whats left of infinity ward but should be decent
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #23
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that. No body is holding a gun to your head.
And I won't, my issue is with the hordes of people that accept mediocrity as a gift from the gaming gods, thus insuring that mediocrity will continue to be churned out in the future. Fortunately, I think more and more people are waking up and refusing to put up with EA's BS
Old 05-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #24
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Quote:
And I won't, my issue is with the hordes of people that accept mediocrity as a gift from the gaming gods, thus insuring that mediocrity will continue to be churned out in the future. Fortunately, I think more and more people are waking up and refusing to put up with EA's BS
I understand what you are saying but there are plenty of innovative games for people like you (not being demeaning) that look for more then just main stream FPS. Business is business. A company is going to produce a game that will cost the least and get the most sales...tweeking the game year to year with as little money invested. They wont change it to much because it isnt broken. Year after year they shatter their own sales. A new developer needs to come out with something more innovative to change the mold. I play other games then just main stream FPS games, but my friends do not. So I find myself playing COD/Halo games year after year and still enjoy them. Yes they miss something new but they are still well desgined games.

I have played Black Ops for 260 hours online. I paid 60 bucks for the game. That is less then a quarter an hour of entertainment. I find that to be a great investment. (Yes I play a lot but I have ADHD and it is the only thing that will calm me down to sleep at night). I consider my self a hardcore gamer, but I appreciate the main stream games as well as the underground. It could be a lot worse you know!?
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
I understand what you are saying but there are plenty of innovative games for people like you (not being demeaning) that look for more then just main stream FPS. Business is business. A company is going to produce a game that will cost the least and get the most sales...tweeking the game year to year with as little money invested. They wont change it to much because it isnt broken. Year after year they shatter their own sales. A new developer needs to come out with something more innovative to change the mold. I play other games then just main stream FPS games, but my friends do not. So I find myself playing COD/Halo games year after year and still enjoy them. Yes they miss something new but they are still well desgined games.

I have played Black Ops for 260 hours online. I paid 60 bucks for the game. That is less then a quarter an hour of entertainment. I find that to be a great investment. (Yes I play a lot but I have ADHD and it is the only thing that will calm me down to sleep at night). I consider my self a hardcore gamer, but I appreciate the main stream games as well as the underground. It could be a lot worse you know!?
No I get what you're saying, I'm just getting on my soap box in regards to annual release games and such And I think Kickstarter is doing wonders for developers that really want to make a good GAME vs making money (though they'll probably make more money off their games than they would if they contracted under a publisher like EA). And who knows, maybe this new CoD will end up being a breath of fresh air. One can hope
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #26
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Quote:
No I get what you're saying, I'm just getting on my soap box in regards to annual release games and such And I think Kickstarter is doing wonders for developers that really want to make a good GAME vs making money (though they'll probably make more money off their games than they would if they contracted under a publisher like EA). And who knows, maybe this new CoD will end up being a breath of fresh air. One can hope
Awww gotcha ! I wish they wouldn't be every Nov. Make a game last 18 months with more innovation then annually. I do agree completely.
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #27
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
The problem is... the developers are already technically releasing a game every two years, and that's a good pace. So they really are trying for a game that last "18 months" or the full two years. Fans that prefer Treyarch over IW or the other way around usually don't buy every year anyway. Of course, I can agree that the rivalry would be better without EA forcing an outing every single November.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #28
Enjoi Dre

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Sums up COD right?
Attached Images

Enjoi Dre is offline   Reply With Quote