Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Msthomp

Drives: CGM 2010 SS on order
odd smell when heater is on

I checked the forum with all the search terms I thought might apply, so forgive me if something similar has already been talked about. Here's the deal:

It's finally starting to cool off a little bit down here in Texas, so I've been using the heater and defrost the last couple days. When I take off from a stop or push the car, however, it smells really badly...almost like clutch, but also, almost like burning tires...I don't know what it is. This is my first manual car, but I haven't burned the clutch since I first got it. I'm pretty sure it isn't the clutch, anyway, since I never smell it with the AC on and the shifts and clutch still feel very smooth. I've gotten very good with this car, mind you; I can't even feel the shifts anymore when I'm driving casually...it's very easy to drive.

So, I'm at a loss...am I burning the clutch and--for some reason--just can't smell it when the AC is on? Or do I just need to run the heater for a while since it hasn't been used since last March or April? Any ideas? I've only got about 3700 miles on it. I'm going to take it in for an oil change and service this weekend. Should I bring it up with the dealership or is it not something to worry about?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

"I'm a boy who appreciates a good body, regardless of the make."

Msthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
2quick

Drives: none
If your already there then bring it up. I don't think it is anything bad. Might go away. now I'm going to get the heater on to see if mine does the same. i don't think its ever been on. at least by me.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote