Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #155
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
if they stop driving Ferrari and shit they wouldn't have this problem. Damn executive LOL
Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #156
kstmbkes

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2ss Rally yellow
Send a message via Yahoo to kstmbkes
with this economy, allied should be happy with the work they have. talk about shooting yourself in the foot. or biting the hand that feeds. if allied is having problems with overhead it smarter to fire that extra person in the main off that sits on his ass and actually has no benefit to the company. at some point the drivers are going to do what they want and go where they will get paid. since most drivers usually get paid by the load and distance. Allied is taking bread of the table for their families and that never sits well.
kstmbkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #157
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
GOOD NEWS: My Dealer is NOT LYING to me.

THE BAD NEWS: The Manual SS they order that I'm waiting to Test Drive may be held Hostage.

I will know for sure in about 2 weeks or less. His Dealership Hire their own Trucking Company to go an get thier Vehicles from a Depot about a 200 miles away around trip. IF the manual SS is not at the Depot then it is a Hostage.

Once I test drive the Manual SS. I'm pulling the Trigger and ordering what I want. I'm not going for the whole, "Oh there is a dealer XX amount of miles away that has what you want. We can get it here by ______."
Ok it was NOT at the Depot. Hopefully it is sitting somewhere else other than on Allied Property.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #158
2L82RUN

Drives: ABM SS/RS
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by az2009se View Post
The company made the bad decision. The union does not run the company, it represents the workers.

Don't blame the union.
2L82RUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #159
Robinette

Drives: 1969 RS Convertible, 2010 Black 1LT
I've just read a bunch of articles on this situation...
And I think this one from Allen County 11 days ago gives excellent details of what's going on, and how this is getting fixed...
This article is not about our beloved Camaros, but it gives great insight into what's happening...

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20110318/BIZ/303189934

Quote:
Published: March 18, 2011 3:00 a.m.
New boss, same GM work – and pay – for haulers
Sherry Slater | The Journal Gazette

FORT WAYNE – Some local transport workers on Thursday transferred to a new employer after a week of behind-the-scenes wrangling.

But those members of Teamsters Local 414 will continue to play a role in moving new Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups from the Allen County truck assembly plant to dealership lots.

Allied Automotive Group last week notified union leaders their employees’ pay was being cut by 20 percent, Teamsters Local 414 President George Gerdes said. The union responded with a 72-hour strike notice, he said.

Allied transports vehicles for several carmakers, including Ford, Chrysler, Honda and Toyota.

“The gist is, (Allied) couldn’t afford to pay us the full rate on what GM was paying them,” Gerdes said.

GM corporate spokesman Dan Flores said Allied decided to discontinue service to the Allen County plant. Flores didn’t have additional details except to say no production disruptions are expected.

Ford Motor Co. renegotiated its contract with Allied Automotive, agreeing to increased terms, Gerdes said. But GM declined to do the same, he said.

Allied Automotive decided to stop shipping cars from all GM factories, Gerdes said. But competitor Jack Cooper Transport was able to reach a deal with GM to take over the duties, CEO Bob Griffin confirmed.

Because the Teamsters supply workers to both transportation companies, the same workers will continue moving pickups at GM’s Allen County plant. They will draw paychecks from Jack Cooper instead of Allied.

Workers’ duties include moving trucks from the end of the production line to either the rail or truck area.

Despite the employment switch, the union members will work under the same contract and retain seniority and holidays, Gerdes said. Wages average $20.50 an hour, he said.

“We’re flexible,” he said. “We’re not trying to shut GM down.”

Griffin, who is based in Kansas City, Mo., said Jack Cooper already had a presence in Fort Wayne. The company also had enough transport trucks to keep up with the increased workforce and workload, he said. He doesn’t believe anyone will be left without a job.

Jack Cooper has a 50-year business relationship with GM, Griffin said, and details are still being finalized on the new minimum three-year agreement.

Griffin declined to speculate why Allied couldn’t honor the union contract based on what GM will pay.

“I really can’t answer why they can’t handle the business but we can,” he said. “It will be very profitable to us.”
Robinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #160
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
I wish I could steal property and hold it hostage for 15% pay increases. Does this really surprise anyone since this is the Teamsters union we're talking about? They did some good back in the day for fair wages but they have been nothing but a thug union since Jimmy Hoffa. If this was the my Camaro with all the money I put down Allied and the Teamsters would be seeing a lawsuit from me also.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:49 AM   #161
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Update on the issue from The local paper The Detroit news.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2...103242011&ts=H

Cars 'Held Hostage' In Legal Dispute

Delivery Company Refuses To Haul Hundreds Of GM, Chrysler Vehicles

POSTED: Thursday, March 24, 2011
UPDATED: 7:51 pm EDT March 24, 2011

DEARBORN, Mich. -- Hundreds of new General Motors and Chrysler vehicles are parked in a holding lot in Dearborn because of a dispute between the automakers and a car-hauling company.
Chrysler and GM said their vehicles, which are supposed to be delivered to local dealerships, are being "held hostage."
Watch: Automaker's' Dispute With Haulig Company Leaves Cars In Lot
The dispute is over how much the car-hauling company, Allied Systems, has asked the automakers to pay.
According to a driver for Allied Systems, the dispute started when Allied cut drivers' pay by 20 percent.
The driver, who asked not to be identified, said Allied Systems backed off the pay cut after the drivers' union threatened to strike.
The driver said at that point Allied Systems tried to make up the difference by imposing a fuel surcharge on the automakers.
General Motors and Chrysler have refused to pay the surcharge and have sued Allied Systems, demanding the vehicles be delivered.
The dispute has left auto salespersons, customers and delivery drivers caught in the middle.
"I feel like I'm in limbo," said one car-hauler who asked not to be identified. "It feels like it's a waiting game and we're kind of stuck in the middle. And we're just very hopeful that this gets worked out soon."
Car-haulers said they are also concerned about what the legal dispute will do to their jobs.
"The concern for my job is there because it's a battle between two very large companies," said a driver who works for Allied Systems. "I'm just hoping they can meet in the middle because a lot of people's livelihoods are at stake here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
The unions do not help. Let's be real. I've taken pay cuts and gone without pay checks during tough times to help my company out. I'm not entitled to anything from my company other than to get pay for helping them make money. The union should have taken the pay cut while the company fixed its problems. How does this action help the company or the union?
the problem is that once the "pay cut" takes effect,the drivers will NOT be able to get that money back!..it's gone!,and they know this,hence the action taken by the union!..this WILL be resolved by both sides agreeing to "negotiate"..just sayin!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:05 AM   #162
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Now is not the time to mention the car carrier loaded with new Mustangs i saw today on I-94 eastbound to Detroit...
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #163
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
Here is a great on topic story of Chrysler Union workers getting drunk and smoking pot during lunch http://http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/23/chrysler-auto-workers-caught-camera-drinking-beer-smoking-pot-lunch-break/

They thought they wouldn't get fired and they would have still been working there if the cameras were not rolling. This is what unions breed.
ambientweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #164
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
I don't think it has much to do about unions. Much of the trucking industry is unionized, been like that for decades, will be like that for decades... In my travels, I've met a lot of truck drivers, have a couple of cousins that are truck drivers... all stand up guys just working hard for a living.

The real issue is someone else's property locked up as bargaining blackmail.
The decision to do that happens at the top of the company's executives.

Some might call that extortion, racketeering... GM should have called the FBI on day 1.

Seems to me what they are doing would be considered extortion and interfering with commerce... both below in the legal definition of racketeering.

RACKETEERING ACTIVITY

(A) any act or threat involving murder, kidnaping, gambling, arson, robbery, bribery, extortion, dealing in obscene matter, or dealing in narcotic or other dangerous drugs, which is chargeable under State law and punishable by imprisonment for more than one year; any act which is indictable under the following [sections] of 18, U.S.C.: 201 (bribery), 224 (sports bribery), 471, 472, and 473 (counterfeiting), 659 (theft from interstate shipment) if act indictable under 659 is felonious, 664 (embezzlement from pension/welfare funds), 891-894 (extortionate credit transactions), 1029 (fraud with access devices), 1084 (transmission of gambling info), 1341 (mail fraud), 1343 (wire fraud), 1344 (financial institution fraud), 1461-1465 (obscene matter), 1503 (obstruction of justice), 1510 (obstruction of criminal investigations), 1511 (obstruction of State or local law enforcement), 1512 (tampering with a witness, victim, or informant), 1513 (retaliating against a witness, victim, or informant), 1951 (interference w/commerce, robbery, or extortion), 1952 (racketeering), 1953 (transport of wagering paraphernalia), 1954 (unlawful welfare payments), 1955 (illegal gambling businesses), 1956 (laundering of monetary instruments), 1957 (monetary transactions derived from specified unlawful activity), 1958 (use of interstate commerce facilities in murder-for-hire), 2251-2252 (sexual exploitation of children), 2312 and 2313 (interstate transport of stolen motor vehicles), 2314 and 2315 (interstate transport of stolen property), 2321 (traffic in motor vehicles or parts), 2341-2346 (traffic in contraband cigarettes), 2421-24 (white slave traffic); any act indictable under 29 U.S.C. 186 (payments/loans to labor orgs) or 501(c) (embezzlement from union funds); fraud connected with a case under title 11, fraud in sale of securities, or felonious dealing in narcotic/other dangerous drugs; or any act indictable under Currency and Foreign Transactions Reporting Act. 18 USC

R.I.C.O.

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #165
PINKED

Drives: '11 Triple Black 2SS/RS Vert
Well.. Good news!!! Apparently the hostage cars have been released and moved to another location where they are going through a thorough inspection before being loaded onto trucks for delivery! My sales person also said that the "sold cars" are being given priority!!

At least there is movement!!! I feel like I had a baby and the hospital won't give it to me!
4//13/11 (5000) - Delivered!
PINKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #166
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
Sweet! Thanks for the update. I spoke with my dealer today and he said mine might be one of the ones held captive. If it is, I'm glad to hear about the thorough inspection.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #167
Razorwire
Razorwire

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
I got a call from my car dealer today and he told me my car has also been released. i will be able to pick it up on Friday. Hopefully not an April fool joke.
Razorwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #168
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This is just stupid. Why would Allied think this is a good idea?
well ...at least 2 side to a story? mybe if we heard both sides we would have a better clue.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote