Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #113
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarolt View Post
Carlisle was alot of fun. Tag ur car was amazing and thanks again for the stickers!!! My dad actually did end up ordering a IOM from Tom Henry!
Sweet! Thanks for the compliments and tell your dad I said congrats! You know that you two won't be able to leave the car alone for long....It'll be picking up the car, taking it for a drive, and when you get home, you'll search and search for reasons to go and run errands!

Congrats again! And it was a pleasure meeting the both of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
Ok where is the pics of the People??????

Ya know like of TOM, Tag, Jeremy? those pics. we have all seen the cars but we dont get to see the PEOPLE>
OOOOOooohhh...you want pix, eh??? Boy, do I have pix for you!

You all know the bra and thong that showed up on Jeremy's Camaro. Well, that went up for auction. But, for it to be authentic, it had to be worn by Jeremy himself! My goodness, was the entire audience laughing their butts off on this one! And Jeremy was one heck of a sport to get up there in the pink undies and bra! Jeremy...that was priceless...and please don't kill me for posting these.... Hey, the money raised for you wearing the pink panties and bra went to a good cause....good man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camino502 View Post
Hey Tag, me and the Family went to Sea World this weekend, and were driving back yesterday. Your car looked very sweet coming down 35. Thanks to your pics, you can spot the car a mile away, it looked very good
HA! You saw me coming down 35?!?! Too cool! You were headed home on NB 35?

And on the way home, I figured I'd see a few Camaros here and there. Well, I saw a black SS w/ red rally stripes on a car carrier headed towards Dallas (about 10 miles out). I saw a silver SS minus stripes on the back of a car carrying trailer (single car trailer) towed by a pick up. FINALLY, I get on 1604 just 10 minutes from my house and there is a brand new RJT LT about 5 cars in front of me. Needless to say, it was pedal to the metal to get around the others and get up next to them. We waved, gave a thumbs up, and headed off WB on 1604 headed home. Glad I had my camera....as I got a few pix of them in their new ride.

If you guys are on the boards, congratulations!!!

And here are those pix!
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #114
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
My Personal Carlisle Report

It was my 1st trip to Carlisle, and I brought my best friend Keith who has a 95 convertible. We drove my 2010 IOM 2SS/RS w/ IO interior the 1:45 minutes from Gaithersburg Md.
Highlight of the trip: Elbow to Elbow with Rockstars!
Right before leaving got the opportunity to pose with Scott Settlemire, Cheryl Pilcher, John Fitzpatrick, Al Oppenheiser and John Cox in front of my Car after all 5 had signed under the hood. Scott even went so far as to get on bent knee and hug my car. I felt like a neglecting parent thinking to myself that that was probably the first time in its 2200 mile youth that my baby had been hugged. At least it came from the Fbodyfather
Rockstars on stage doing Q&A for the fans.
I also heard the underlying tone about the Z28, and that nothing has been ruled out .I got up, praised them for my Car, noted that my wife seems to steal it away more than I had expected, and I asked a couple questions hoping to improve on a couple areas.
1) My feeling that the L99 Auto upshifts to 6th and locks the converter too early, and holds it there to forcefully. This has made traffic driving in the 45-50 mph range (the motor turning 1000-1100 rpms) seem sluggish and unresponsive. A. Al says there is still the likelihood that it will learn my preferences more and adjust itself more, and to also try S (sport) mode more without using the paddles. If that does not improve things the dealer is on a call each week that he sits in on, and they can raise any abnormalities to him then.
2) I asked if they had seen any similar L99 chassis Dyno runs similar to my 305 hp on a superflow Dyno. Al and the team did not have any real explanations, but I will continue to test and explore if there were any abnormalities in my dyno pull.
Vendors:
SLP is on the ball, cat back systems are shipping early, headers pricing will be revealed within the week, and lots of new products are in development. I like the modular exhaust idea (header, center sections, and cat back) I was told that should the exhaust prove too loud that there was a place to bolt bullet mufflers into the center section.
Magnaflow could have made a better showing Camaro wise. They took me over to see their freshly shipped Camaro Exhaust systems they had rushed in the night before. Nice big white boxes, that was all I saw. Displaying them prominently would have been smart. I mean at least open the freaking boxes.
Tom Henry
Doing a lot of well thought out subtle improvements that give the car a touch of class.
Little things: TRSC1970, like the chrome engine compartment add ons, need to find those. Front airdam install instructions need revising, else you have problems ( thanks Tim for showing me around) ZZCamaro, interesting valve covers. He’s has done some internal mods and looks like he’s getting some very impressive dyno numbers. Tag UR It, like his painted on stripes and accents.
Scott Settlemire, he says his dear old mom just got her Camaro, so I guess I can’t complain that mine did not make for my 25yr HS reunion (I mean who would have better connections at Chevrolet then her?)
John Cox, both he and Al said tunes were in the future for performance enhancements from the factory. He said that the application of stripes at the dealers has been an issue, and that mine should be redone.
I said I liked the LS7 CARS wheels, look like factory, but wider and more aggressive. I told him I liked, but really liked the concept wheels. HE said I was not alone on both accounts, and that maybe in the future it would be something that would be available (but no promises).
Al Oppenheiser, he personally drives the cars at several tracks. Without rev limiter, they have gotten 175-180 (unofficially) out of the LS3. For some reason they do not get the L99 much past the 155 even without the rev limiter. (he did not get specifics as to why) He did say the L99 auto was up to the task on the road course, and it could run all day. He led me to believe the Auto trans was better than I give it credit for.

Well, that’s my report. Below are some pics, enjoy
Attached Images

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #115
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Suprisingly those old school rally rims on the other CGM camaro don't look as good as I was hoping. Your car looks very finished and I bet it's a blast to drive. Glad nothing happened on the way home (except probably created a bug cemetary on your front bumper).

You have to post a video of of it starting and accelerating for the finished product for us, ok?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #116
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Cool pictures! Great meeting you at Carlisle!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #117
Camino502

Drives: 1972 El Camino
Yep we were headed home, they picked a great day to replace the signs in the NB lanes, it was close to 4 when we saw you go by, again you can see the car a mile away and it looks amazing going down the road.
Camino502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:37 AM   #118
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Holy Crap a REAL Ram Air IV? That's not funny, that's... wow.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #119
SK360
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
It was my 1st trip to Carlisle, and I brought my best friend Keith who has a 95 convertible. We drove my 2010 IOM 2SS/RS w/ IO interior the 1:45 minutes from Gaithersburg Md.
Highlight of the trip: Elbow to Elbow with Rockstars!
Right before leaving got the opportunity to pose with Scott Settlemire, Cheryl Pilcher, John Fitzpatrick, Al Oppenheiser and John Cox in front of my Car after all 5 had signed under the hood. Scott even went so far as to get on bent knee and hug my car. I felt like a neglecting parent thinking to myself that that was probably the first time in its 2200 mile youth that my baby had been hugged. At least it came from the Fbodyfather
Rockstars on stage doing Q&A for the fans.
I also heard the underlying tone about the Z28, and that nothing has been ruled out .I got up, praised them for my Car, noted that my wife seems to steal it away more than I had expected, and I asked a couple questions hoping to improve on a couple areas.
1) My feeling that the L99 Auto upshifts to 6th and locks the converter too early, and holds it there to forcefully. This has made traffic driving in the 45-50 mph range (the motor turning 1000-1100 rpms) seem sluggish and unresponsive. A. Al says there is still the likelihood that it will learn my preferences more and adjust itself more, and to also try S (sport) mode more without using the paddles. If that does not improve things the dealer is on a call each week that he sits in on, and they can raise any abnormalities to him then.
2) I asked if they had seen any similar L99 chassis Dyno runs similar to my 305 hp on a superflow Dyno. Al and the team did not have any real explanations, but I will continue to test and explore if there were any abnormalities in my dyno pull.
Vendors:
SLP is on the ball, cat back systems are shipping early, headers pricing will be revealed within the week, and lots of new products are in development. I like the modular exhaust idea (header, center sections, and cat back) I was told that should the exhaust prove too loud that there was a place to bolt bullet mufflers into the center section.
Magnaflow could have made a better showing Camaro wise. They took me over to see their freshly shipped Camaro Exhaust systems they had rushed in the night before. Nice big white boxes, that was all I saw. Displaying them prominently would have been smart. I mean at least open the freaking boxes.
Tom Henry
Doing a lot of well thought out subtle improvements that give the car a touch of class.
Little things: TRSC1970, like the chrome engine compartment add ons, need to find those. Front airdam install instructions need revising, else you have problems ( thanks Tim for showing me around) ZZCamaro, interesting valve covers. He’s has done some internal mods and looks like he’s getting some very impressive dyno numbers. Tag UR It, like his painted on stripes and accents.
Scott Settlemire, he says his dear old mom just got her Camaro, so I guess I can’t complain that mine did not make for my 25yr HS reunion (I mean who would have better connections at Chevrolet then her?)
John Cox, both he and Al said tunes were in the future for performance enhancements from the factory. He said that the application of stripes at the dealers has been an issue, and that mine should be redone.
I said I liked the LS7 CARS wheels, look like factory, but wider and more aggressive. I told him I liked, but really liked the concept wheels. HE said I was not alone on both accounts, and that maybe in the future it would be something that would be available (but no promises).
Al Oppenheiser, he personally drives the cars at several tracks. Without rev limiter, they have gotten 175-180 (unofficially) out of the LS3. For some reason they do not get the L99 much past the 155 even without the rev limiter. (he did not get specifics as to why) He did say the L99 auto was up to the task on the road course, and it could run all day. He led me to believe the Auto trans was better than I give it credit for.

Well, that’s my report. Below are some pics, enjoy
Haha, Leroy is the guy I was talking about that seemed to be EVERYWHERE with his IOM car.... We were washing our cars together Friday night, seen him driving around everywhere Saturday then we met again at breakfast Sunday... Nice guy! and nice car
SK360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #120
zekefreak
Sweet Sassy m' lassie

Drives: 1979 Z28, 2010 SS/RS
Tags, glad you made it home safely. I'll bet the trip went pretty fast (wink, wink). It was a pleasure talking with you, thanks for the camaro5 stickers. Pics look great, even tho you didn't take any of my 79Z, LOL! j/k. Are you planning a return trip next year? Enjoy the ride and don't embarrass to many mustangs!!
zekefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #121
DrumDawg

Drives: BumbleBee, 67 Firebird,79 Porsche
Does the yellow with the hockey stripe package look better with the sunroof?
DrumDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #122
edz10ss

Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
Show looked good, wish I could of made it. I thought Carlise was done? I went to Fredericks, MD for the Camaro Nationals. There were close to 200 Gen 5's maybe more. I have a L99 and I hope it goes faster than 155 without the rev limiter. This info would be great when I bought it. Even though I can't cruise at 155 or faster. I don't like knowing that the same car in manual goes 25mph faster. I could see a little faster, but 155 vs. 175. BS
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #123
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Quote:
Originally Posted by edz10ss View Post
Show looked good, wish I could of made it. I thought Carlise was done? I went to Fredericks, MD for the Camaro Nationals. There were close to 200 Gen 5's maybe more. I have a L99 and I hope it goes faster than 155 without the rev limiter. This info would be great when I bought it. Even though I can't cruise at 155 or faster. I don't like knowing that the same car in manual goes 25mph faster. I could see a little faster, but 155 vs. 175. BS

Err those are old pics look at the dates being shown on those posts. Also Tom Henry had a tent at the Frederick
show last weekend, they had some nice cars on display too.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:52 AM   #124
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

WOAH! Old thread!

I edited the title to reflect that this was in 2009.