Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-12-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Is it possible to add sort of a tinted clear coat to the factory exterior color?

This question may be out in left field, but I’m going to ask anyway.
Does anyone know if it’s possible to add sort of a tinted clear coat to the factory color to give it a unique appearance. If it is possible has anyone seen it pulled off in such a way that it really adds to the car? I have ordered IOM and although I do like the color, I have seen other shades of the color that I like even better. I would never consider a total color change, but the idea of an enhancement appeals to me. IDEAS?

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
This question may be out in left field, but I’m going to ask anyway.
Does anyone know if it’s possible to add sort of a tinted clear coat to the factory color to give it a unique appearance. If it is possible has anyone seen it pulled off in such a way that it really adds to the car? I have ordered IOM and although I do like the color, I have seen other shades of the color that I like even better. I would never consider a total color change, but the idea of an enhancement appeals to me. IDEAS?
No

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
Imfishintx

Drives: 07 Tahoe LTZ
That's not a problem, it's only money!!! Your pearls are added to the clear coats anyway so that's easy to pull off.
Imfishintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
monkeywrenching

Drives: 1LT/RS
The only problem that can happen with pearls is if you have an accident or need a touch up. Whole sections may be needed to be shot to blend the tint or pearl effect. If some goober is painting the car then you might have areas that don't match. Make sure you research the body shop and ask alot of questions.
monkeywrenching is offline   Reply With Quote