Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
MR.Mean

Drives: 2012 camaro 2SS
2013 Wheels of Dreams Car Show Las Cuses NM

2013 Wheels of Dreams Car Show
Saturday, March 23rd, 2013
Field of Dreams Football Field

Hey there everyone, February is coming to an end and you know what that means? It's Car Show season boys and girls!!! The cold air will finally be behind us ...thank heavens, and we can finally shine up the Camaros and show them off to the public in a comfortable temperature, and to begin things off with a bang I want to bring up to next car show that will be taking place on Saturday, March 23rd. The Wheels f Dreams Car Show has been put together and hosted by The Las Cruces Rodrunners and every year it just keeps getting bigger. Pat (SSRS2010), one of our members here with Camaro5 EP/LC, is president of the Roadrunners and has been in charge of the show for quite a while, and it's such a spectacle to see, if you haven't done so already. I think it would be great for us to finally be a part of this event, not only to represent the only Camaro Club in the area, but to also help in bringing awareness and proceeds to youth organizations and charities throughout the surrounding area. Pre-Registration is $25 before the show and $35 the day of. Awards will be presented for the event, and vendors are available for food and such.

It would be great if we could get a good amount of us together at the beginning to park all together as a group and showcase not only the 5th Gens, but if any of us have prior generation Camaros, to bring those out to show our enthusiasm for everything Camaro. I'm only using this as an example, but imagine, Pedro bringing his ZL1, Louis his 1LE, Daniel bringing his TF Edition, Eric both the '68 and matching '10, Don and Genny showcasing the vibrant colors, Mike with The 2010 Beast and his Blue 1st Gen, PJ with his '78 Z28, Chris and his 35th Anniversary, etc. I am talking with Pat to see what our limitations are or may be with setup and displays, but I think that it would be great to have 2 canopies for us to relax under and have the cars next to us on both side and the back.

I have provided the flyer and registration on the bottom, so take a look at it and let me know if you would be interested in joing me for this event. The sooner we plan for this, the better our setup can be and the more the day will bring. I will also set up dinner arrangements for us to eat at when the event is over. So what do you say folks?!

...oh yeah, btw. We will be bringing supports to hold the canopies down this time, juuuuuuuuust in case.

i thought i might share this with you guys im going to this hope to meet and see some of you guys there also if you guys can make it
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
SSmokinSS
Get Some

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6Speed
I might be down for a road trip. Gotta check the work schedule!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
MR.Mean

o shoot that would be sweet see you there then if you do go
Old 03-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
If only it wasn't so hard to get Saturdays off then I would be there.. Plus my car may be in the shop.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

But I will share the link thru the Camaro Club of NM's FB.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
SSmokinSS
Get Some

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
If only it wasn't so hard to get Saturdays off then I would be there.. Plus my car may be in the shop.
Hey now! You have a spare Camaro.....
Old 03-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #7
MR.Mean

Quote:
that right you have an lt1 just like my pops hahaha take that one
Old 03-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #8
MR.Mean

Quote:
But I will share the link thru the Camaro Club of NM's FB.
sweet it will be nice to meet yall folks down here
Old 03-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
MR.Mean

so who is all going to this event?????
Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #10
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Here's some info for everyone in the ABQ area and others around New Mexico as we haven't posted much on the Southwest Forum. We are planning on having a little setup Saturday for the car show where we will bring out a canopy for us to chill under while the sun is out. I am currently trying to make shift a little display of some posters and items that I have collected that can be displayed out in the canopy. It would be great if we could have various Camaros to be a part of this that are in the Camaro5 club. I myself will be there representing the 5th Gen SS and Eric is bringing out his 1968 Camaro to the show. If I remember correctly, Ryan mentioned that he could possibly bring out his 2012 Ashen Grey ZL1 to the show.I believe that we can bring a cooler to the show and I'll bring out show chairs for folks to use. The show doesn't take too long, but if we want to park together, we gotta arrive together as Pat mentioned. With that I am thinking that we should meet up at the Field of Dreams at around 9AM together so we can set everything up.

Now afterwards we were thinking of continuing the event to dinner at either St. Claire's winery in Old Mesilla or at Uno's Pizzaria at around 3PM right after the show is over and if everyone is still up for continuing the day, we will end the whole thing by cruising to Caliche's for dessert. We would probably need to make reservations to accommodate everyone that will be joining for dinner so a head count will be needed. If you plan on joining us for the show or the dinner, please post it up on here so we can make the arrangements for the such.

Here's a list of folks participating so far:
char1ieone (LC) - 2010 2SS/RS
Viper1Cobra (EP) - 1968
Inferno Z (LC) - 2011 2SS/RS
rrubio (EP) - 2012 ZL1
Sabot (White Sands) - 2013 ZL1
Mr.Mean (Silver City) - 2012 2SS/RS
Danny (Silver City) - 1968 SS
Leroy (Silver City) - 1969 408

Quote:
Yeah, come onnnnnnnn Lawrence. Bring out that Z28 buddy boi!

Last edited by Char1ieone; 03-19-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
MR.Mean

For those who misses the show i happened to take a few shoots sorry there all camaros lol frist picture is my dad putting gas in my car at six in the morning leaving to the show
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 85KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 96KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 73KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 76KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 85KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 78KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 96KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 108KB. This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 80KB.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
Some good looking cars....
Old 03-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #13
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

F***!

I totalled spaced this show. I even did the rare call in this weekend.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
MR.Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
Some good looking cars....
yea maybe your good looking car can make i to the next one