Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Security camera?

Hey just wondering if anybody out there has a 360 degree camera system on there car so if anything happens u can see it? And what's some good ones that are not crazy expensive
Maybe someone has some reviews thanks!!
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Hey just wondering if anybody out there has a 360 degree camera system on there car so if anything happens u can see it? And what's some good ones that are not crazy expensive
Maybe someone has some reviews thanks!!
I too would be very interested in something like this if anyone has seen anything like what the OP described.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
um, on the car? as in mounted to the car?

what good would it do unless your car is also a mobile Wi-Fi.. and plugged into a charger, as it would kill your battery within a few hours.

what would you broadcast/record the image to? and if saving on a local chip again what would be the point if the car is stolen the camera goes with it?

I have a DVR and front and rear dash camera, it records while I drive, but it shuts down when the car is off.

if you are talking about a security camera mounted to your house watching your car, yeah I have that, scans the driveway 24/7 and has motion tracking (will lock onto someone walking in front of the camera and then track them as long as they are within view of the camera)

I have both Q-See and Swann cameras, both are decent for the price, Swann is better video quality IMO (1080 HD vs. 480 or 720 on the Q-See)
Old 11-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Cali_Camaro_SS

Yea I was talking about little cameras like one inside the grill 1 under each side mirror and one on the back with fish eye lens, But I didnt think about the draining of the battery maybe I can get a separate battery for that. And its not for it being stolen its for some one hitting my car and then leaving which just happened and now I have no way of finding the guy.
So would be nice if I coulda seen the car and the plate that did it
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Old 11-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
That's why we have insurance. Dirtbags will always be out there. A camera will not stop the damage. You may get lucky and get a license number, but what good will that do? If you get an identity, you could ask them to pay, but I'm guessing they will refuse. If it happened on private property the police would not get involved. So just call your insurance.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:52 AM   #6
Cali_Camaro_SS

I understand thats why we have insurance but now I have to pay $500 deductible for no reason
I fukin hate deductibles stupidest sh*t ever

Old 11-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Yea I was talking about little cameras like one inside the grill 1 under each side mirror and one on the back with fish eye lens, But I didnt think about the draining of the battery maybe I can get a separate battery for that. And its not for it being stolen its for some one hitting my car and then leaving which just happened and now I have no way of finding the guy.
So would be nice if I coulda seen the car and the plate that did it

ok yeah I get what you want..

there are a few systems out there that record on SD chips and are motion activated so they are off unless something moves in their field of vision.

just google motion activated dash camera, unfortunately you will find that 90% of them come from China.. so take that as you will..

Quote:
I understand thats why we have insurance but now I have to pay $500 deductible for no reason
I fukin hate deductibles stupidest sh*t ever
completely agree, I pay thousands a year for years with no accidents and then when something happens I have to fork out the first $500.. It's a lame design and concept..
Old 11-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
My buddy has this one in his BMW:
http://www.amazon.com/ITRONICS-ITB-1.../dp/B00A3I2J9E
He actually caught two guys breaking into his car. He got their faces and license plate. Unfortunately the video didn't show them breaking the window, so the police couldn't do anything about it.