Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #29
gmen09

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
You'd think so, but it seems that a lot of people don't 'get it'. Just wait, as soon as the 1/4 times show that it's slower than a ZL1, people are going to start talking about what a 'ripoff' the Z/28 is when they can get a ZL1 that is 'faster' and cheaper..... Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm probably right...
Unfortunately I think you will be right
Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #30
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!

Drives: LACS+CHEVYS
And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
I agree.

The auto enthusiast magazines will likely run the Z/28 in the quarter mile as part of their perfunctory testing, but as most of us know the Z/28 was not designed for quarter mile racing. In fact, according to GM to preserve the track-focused nature of the Z/28 and to save weight, the Z/28 doesn’t have the strengthened differential and half shafts of the ZL1, and is not recommended for drag racing. Accordingly, I doubt there will be many, if any, Z/28 owners who will participate in quarter mile racing with the Z/28. Therefore, as many have indicated, the quarter mile times and speed that the Z/28 can achieve are not likely to be particularly relevant to most Z/28 owners.
Ur right about the half shafts and so on.. Its equivalent to a stock ss. Livernoise had the worlds fastest gen 5 at 1 point dialing high 9's on stock suspension . Point is I do my homework
13zl1 #251 NOTHING ELSE MATTER
360ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
u all bitch and cry , ya its not made for the 1/4 but , on another hand if ur talking performance , the 1/4 readings tell alot about a car.
simple 1/4 times mean alot in road racing , believe it or not. but i gonna say they will be more ppl buy these cars to drive around then take to the track so . im gonna say they will be more ppl at the 1/4 racing them aswell. its just more popular the road racing. with the ls7 and being around ss weight it will make a fun 1.5 mile car.

if that serious about racing then a factory car is not gonna cut it to begin with.

lol , i like the fact that these so called racers say 1/4 times have nothing to do with how this car will do at a road coarse . power has alot to do with turning a whole lot. if u got a car that cant pull very hard then u r gonna be changing gears alot causing movement, where a powerful car will power thur it, u drive with ur power as much as u drive with a wheel. are u all really that blind?

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed

Last edited by dekan513; 04-15-2013 at 03:01 PM.
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #32
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ss View Post
Ur right about the half shafts and so on.. Its equivalent to a stock ss. Livernoise had the worlds fastest gen 5 at 1 point dialing high 9's on stock suspension . Point is I do my homework
No, it has the 1LE upgraded rear components.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #33
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
I agree.

The auto enthusiast magazines will likely run the Z/28 in the quarter mile as part of their perfunctory testing, but as most of us know the Z/28 was not designed for quarter mile racing. In fact, according to GM to preserve the track-focused nature of the Z/28 and to save weight, the Z/28 doesn’t have the strengthened differential and half shafts of the ZL1, and is not recommended for drag racing. Accordingly, I doubt there will be many, if any, Z/28 owners who will participate in quarter mile racing with the Z/28. Therefore, as many have indicated, the quarter mile times and speed that the Z/28 can achieve are not likely to be particularly relevant to most Z/28 owners.

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #34
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
u all bitch and cry , ya its not made for the 1/4 but , on another hand if ur talking performance , the 1/4 readings tell alot about a car.
simple 1/4 times mean alot in road racing , believe it or not. but i gonna say they will be more ppl buy these cars to drive around then take to the track so . im gonna say they will be more ppl at the 1/4 racing them aswell. its just more popular the road racing. with the ls7 and being around ss weight it will make a fun 1.5 mile car.

if that serious about racing then a factory car is not gonna cut it to begin with.

lol , i like the fact that these so called racers say 1/4 times have nothing to do with how this car will do at a road coarse . power has alot to do with turning a whole lot. if u got a car that cant pull very hard then u r gonna be changing gears alot causing movement, where a powerful car will power thur it, u drive with ur power as much as u drive with a wheel. are u all really that blind?
Let's try not to be so inclusive.

On a road-course 1/4 mile performance is not important at all except for maybe a standing start which is uncommon. It needs to pull hard off corners and down straights, but not from a standing start. BTW that is what both the high-revving LS7 and this Tremec 6 are built for pulling hard!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #35
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!

No , I get it the last time I checked their was only 14 individuals on this thread . It's millions outside "worldly" speaking that loves camaros and every one has their own opinion . I'm more into the amazing side of life. Like what if , that wow factor!!! Being the person I am I'd rather work with more than less . It's simple math. If the copo came with a vin i recon I wouldn't be here . I'll say it again , their will be many others looking at this vehicle to maximize its potential . Just know that!!

Last edited by 360ss; 04-15-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #36
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
lol , i like the fact that these so called racers say 1/4 times have nothing to do with how this car will do at a road coarse .
I think the issue is you just don't get what we are saying....

The Z/28 is more than likely going to be slower than the ZL1 in the quarter but more than likely it will be faster around a road course. Using your logic how would that be possible?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #37
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!

It's like a radio DJ putting his spin to a new song . Then it's called a "remix"^^^
Old 04-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #38
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
With 500HP roughly 430rwhp 3830 empty weight, tires that have 60 tread wear (better than nitto 555r @ 100 tread wear) most of all with a competent driver low 12's @ 115 - 116mph

I've cut a 1.85 60ft with my nittos that got me a 12.5 @ 113 with 403rwhp, another 30+- hp and better tire that's my guess
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #39
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:

That was painful to read, on multiple levels.

Most important factors for road-course performance of a street-legal car, in order of importance:

Driver
Suspension
Brakes
Weight
Naturally aspirated engine with a linear power delivery
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #40
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

You forgot gearing. And yes it was painful.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #41
dekan513
chevy pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I think the issue is you just don't get what we are saying....

The Z/28 is more than likely going to be slower than the ZL1 in the quarter but more than likely it will be faster around a road course. Using your logic how would that be possible?
who said any diff, i just asked the standard ? if it but hurts u guys that bad then oh well.

where did i say it wasnt important . power is very important. if u want to be fast u need power .

why the ls7 then. if power is not important i would rather have the ls3 . less weight .

guess we will see when it is released.

Last edited by dekan513; 04-15-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #42
dekan513
chevy pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
That was painful to read, on multiple levels.

Most important factors for road-course performance of a street-legal car, in order of importance:

Driver
Suspension
Brakes
Weight
Naturally aspirated engine with a linear power delivery

its 2 diff worlds. simply if u guys think its not important. then thats u . im pretty sure if this car is a 14 sec car then its gonna suck at road racing. it may do good at autocross then. lol
have any of u guy even been on a large coarse? or pushed a car hard into a turn pushing its limits if not then . pls stick to the ? 1/4 times lol

just like the 1le. its a road car but how many race in the 1/4 mile. same diff