Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Why no HUD at launch?

I've seen a lot of talk about how HUD will not be avaliable till Dec 09, but after searching for a little while I didn't see any official reason for this. If they are re-designing the system or something and it will not be finished until next winter then that is completely understandable. However, I certainly hope they are not just trying to keep the car selling strong all year. Like I know white is a "summer color", but that is a pretty lame reason to hold that until July in my opinion. It seems to me that GM is worried that they will sell a ton of Camaros in the first few months and then sales will significantly drop(I think they are correct, to an extent, but I believe this car will sell relatively well for a couple more years at least).
I really don't see why they would not just offer the best car avaliable with all options possible immediately, cause seriously in the end they are going to sell the same amount of cars and make the same amount of cash(geeze I would think they want to get their hands on that money as soon as possible, considering their current financial situation!). Holding little options like this may even make or brake prospective buyers who really want a white Camaro with HUD immediately who simply cannot wait till Dec. I will be going off to college next fall, and I have to have a car by then. I don't care for the white (though it does look amazing ), but I do really want the HUD. And I am sure I am not the only one in this situation. I don't want to hassle with getting a HUD installed when it comes out, so I just hope GM pushes its avaliability up to March, or maybe makes their current HUD an option until Dec. Thanks for reading my little rant (assuming you made it this far ). But if anyone knows why at this point there will be no HUD at launch please share that info!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
they want to get it to market so they can start making money on thier investment. for many people the hud isnt a deal breaker
Old 09-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
kanys

Ah ok, so the HUD just isn't ready yet?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
yep.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
GM just wants to start making money on the car. A lot of people don't need that feature. The car is hot enough to sell without the HUD. When GM introduces it, it will be a new feature, keeping the Camaro in the spotlight after it makes production. Introducing features later may make it more appealing over time because it will be spreading out the features.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Aye they are totally broke right now. In the red. So there is no extra R&D cash. If it's not simply they don't need it right now.

You can always install a DEFI VSD-X HUD. If you install the master controller it's nice because it will support a full set of gauges and the HUD.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
DEFI VSD-X HUD

ill pass
Old 09-08-2008, 06:43 AM   #8
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Aye they are totally broke right now. In the red. So there is no extra R&D cash. If it's not simply they don't need it right now.

You can always install a DEFI VSD-X HUD. If you install the master controller it's nice because it will support a full set of gauges and the HUD.
Just a little FYI. They aren't broke. They have something like 12 Billion in liquid assests. Having said that, you are right. They need to start moving cars ahead of the options or they will be.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #9
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
it may also be a supplier issue.If they decided on hud later,rather than early,the supplier may not be able to deliver enough.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #10
ckellyme3

Drives: 1986 IROC 406 stroker
The HUD is a great touch i think. I fell in love with it in a grand prix. But I'm not really worried about it because they will have it in the camaro when im ready to finally buy one.

My scheme

ckellyme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
My opinion is they are just a gimic and ain't worth the money... not needed and not wanted.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #12
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
My opinion is they are just a gimic and ain't worth the money... not needed and not wanted.
have you driven with one? its amazing imo.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #13
kanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
have you driven with one? its amazing imo.
Yeah that is what I hear, so as of now I am unsure wether to pay a hefty sum and get it when it comes out, or live without... :(
Old 09-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Eh, just something else in the car to distract me. Ooohhh... ambient lighting....

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote