Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
1LE package or is there a better package?

Was wondering if there was a better track package available than the 1LE the Htown club is meeting at road course and wanted goodies before I showed up..
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
MoeIv

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Interested in this aswell
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Wow, I just asked too, 1LE or BMR...
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:56 PM   #4
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
The 1LE components are designed for a specific set of wheels, spring rates, shock valving, ride height (center of gravity), etc. Aftermarket can accommodate different ride heights, wheel sizes, etc and are often adjustable if you change other components. Springs, shocks, and stabilizer bars really should be considered together. The Z/28 actually has smaller diameter stabilizer bars AFAIK because the other variables are different.

If I had a 2010/2011 I would start with an FE4 (2012+) update to the rear end. The sway bar mounting points are much better for any bar. I would also add bushing inserts.

I learned a lot reading the many Pedders posts, most of which are older, but still apply.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
The 1LE Suspension package is nice because it is available as a complete package, it's a GM product, and it will of course be an upgrade over stock SS Suspension. That being said, the equivalent BMR aftermarket components (i.e. sways, cradle bushings, toe rods, etc.) will still outperform the 1LE components. Plus, as mentioned above, you will have more adjustability to accommodate future changes. For a complete package, I would suggest adding the Koni STR.T shocks, 1.0" lowering springs, and trailing arms too.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
There are many components that can be put together to outperform the 1LE. Keith laid out some good suggestions using BMR parts which will be a great bang for the buck.

If you are looking for the best of the best I would suggest looking into Detroit speed components; that's what we run on our JDP Camaro which has recently won the Camaro5Fest Camarocross and took fastest 5th gen at the USCA event.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions and I'll be happy to help you put together a package to meet your goals.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
For a complete package, I would suggest adding the Koni STR.T shocks, 1.0" lowering springs, and trailing arms too.
You and the rest of the 5th gen aftermarket really need to get after Koni to hurry up with their Sports (aka "yellows") for the 5th gen (according to koni-na they're supposedly due out later this year).

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
You and the rest of the 5th gen aftermarket really need to get after Koni to hurry up with their Sports (aka "yellows") for the 5th gen (according to koni-na they're supposedly due out later this year).

Norm
Yeah, I know, we've been trying to get a "good" ETA on those for quite a while now. We are anxious to get them too! All we get is the same old answer....."soon"....or "Fall 2014". And now they're backordered until August on the rear STR.T. (orange) shocks too!!! Not real happy with Koni right now!!!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #9
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Care to guess how long I waited on my fronts to ship?

I will say it's been worth it, though.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote