Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Macfolk
J.T.

Drives: Camaro 2SS w/RS package, Imp. Blue
Question Sudden iPhone Issue

Hey all,

In the last couple of days, my iPhone has suddenly been inoperable from my radio's controls. I can connect and change songs from the phone, but I can only scroll through now but am unable to select anything.

I have an iPhone 4 with, unfortunately, iOS7.04.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jason

Love this car!
Macfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Do you ever turn your iPhone off, completely off? Also try and delete it from the cars bluetooth and re-pair it. If that doesn't work try a soft reset on the phone. Hope that helps.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
Macfolk
J.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Do you ever turn your iPhone off, completely off? Also try and delete it from the cars bluetooth and re-pair it. If that doesn't work try a soft reset on the phone. Hope that helps.
I do turn it off at times. I will do so now and see if it helps in the morning. Thanks. I connect via USB so Bluetooth isn't an issue.

Thanks!

Love this car!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
Macfolk
J.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
USB or Bluetooth connection?
USB

Love this car!
Old 12-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Reboot the phone usually works.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
I sometimes have that issue with my ipod. Usually I have to just unplug it from the usb and back in. Although sometimes it only works if I turn off the car and turn it back on.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
I have suddenly been having the same issues with my iPhone 4 with iOS7.04 also. Bluetooth seems to work fine as long as i DON'T plug my phone into the USB port in the center console. once i plug my phone into the USB port the phone and the radio stop communicating and the USB and Bluetooth icons grey out and don't work unless i unplug the phone and after restarting the car. The problem seems to be getting worse and the last time i tried to play music through the USB port the car wouldn't recognize the phone through Bluetooth till the next day. Oh and once the issue started i also had to remove and repair the iPhone to get the Bluetooth to work again.
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Macfolk,

Please let me know if this is something you would like to have the dealership take a look at as it sounds like it might be a technical issue. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfolk View Post
Hey all,

In the last couple of days, my iPhone has suddenly been inoperable from my radio's controls. I can connect and change songs from the phone, but I can only scroll through now but am unable to select anything.

I have an iPhone 4 with, unfortunately, iOS7.04.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jason
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Hi LiquidDragon,

We would be happy to assist and get you in contact with your dealership! Let us know at any time.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
I have suddenly been having the same issues with my iPhone 4 with iOS7.04 also. Bluetooth seems to work fine as long as i DON'T plug my phone into the USB port in the center console. once i plug my phone into the USB port the phone and the radio stop communicating and the USB and Bluetooth icons grey out and don't work unless i unplug the phone and after restarting the car. The problem seems to be getting worse and the last time i tried to play music through the USB port the car wouldn't recognize the phone through Bluetooth till the next day. Oh and once the issue started i also had to remove and repair the iPhone to get the Bluetooth to work again.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Be glad that's your only problem! :( Today my iPhone 4S started making a static hissing noise from the charging port, and it eventually died down. Now my speakers just don't work. GREATTTTT. Now it's even more junk than before. (previously cracked screen, grey spots/pixels on screen, and non-functional lock button) Yippee.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
Macfolk
J.T.

Jessica,

Thank you. I will be bringing my Camaro to the dealership for routine maintenance this coming week and will add it to my concerns.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this car!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I used to have all sorts of problems with my camaro and iPhone 4, but it seemed to clear up every time I did a soft reset. pressing the off button and home key until you see the greyed out apple icon, when it boots back up you should be good to go. Don't worry either a soft reset will not delete any of your data on the phone.

Make sure that when you do the reset the phone is has bluetooth turned off, and not connected to the car via USB.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
Macfolk
J.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
OP. I used to have problems with the USB connection as well. Generally just unplugging and reinserting the USB connection would fix it.

That said, I now just connect with Bluetooth and never have any issues.
If the soft reset doesn't work, I will try bluetooth. Thanks.

Love this car!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Okay, keep me posted!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfolk View Post
Jessica,

Thank you. I will be bringing my Camaro to the dealership for routine maintenance this coming week and will add it to my concerns.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk